Show us your Convertible Dart's

-
Here's mine. Consider this a "before" picture. Looks better in the picture than real life.

Attachments

• P1000456.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,002
Hey Jim .... How are you ... Hope u are well and getting ready to enjoy the summer .... Just getting the car back together for the summer .... Take care my Friend

We're good. Trying to get ready for the summer, but it'll be another without a done car, but that's ok.

Just got this one, should get it next week. I'm really hoping to find a GTS before this one get's cloned!

Attachments

• 4838ni3_20.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 959
Some great Darts on here thanks boys!|
I'm really diggin those Cragars - i love em - you lucky buggers! LOL

Here's the same car from 1981......(and yes, I've been around this hobby for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time....).

Hmmm, from 1981 huh? If this is the car I'm thinking of this looks like the street machine nationals in Sac and I believe Roland Merman owned the car then. Or I saw him driving it at the event anyway.

Here's one I used to own.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 798
  • Picture 003.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 809
  • Picture 004.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 826
2012-05-12dart001.jpg

we just dragged this one home last weekend. It is a 1966 Dart GT.

2012-05-12dart003.jpg

I think it has the 273 but if anyone could let me know where the engine number is located it would be great.

2012-05-12dart002.jpg

more photos when I get it clean and running

Just got this one last week 65 273 GT
952a36c6.jpg

6884e0c4.jpg

32f646ba.jpg

Started it up and drove down and got it inspected. This will be number 4 for me. needs some work but its all there and has not been messed with too much.

Hmmm, from 1981 huh? If this is the car I'm thinking of this looks like the street machine nationals in Sac and I believe Roland Merman owned the car then. Or I saw him driving it at the event anyway.

Nope, same car, but Robert "Tach" Mooney owned it in 1981 and the show was at the Fariplex in Pomona. Roland bought it around 1984. I just found long lost video I took of it with Roland at the wheel from the Tognotti's show in Sac in 1985.

Tach was the original builder of the car. He sold it to Roland minus the blown hemi and Roland put a tunnel rammed hemi in it (video will be up on YouTube within a couple of days, but the quality has really degraded as it was copied from the original Beta tape to VHS in 1986).

My verts

Attachments

• DSC02266_800.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 848
  • DSC02996_800.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 818
  • DSC03005_800.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 838
  • DSC02997_800.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 826
  • DSC03007_800.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 836
Nope, same car, but Robert "Tach" Mooney owned it in 1981 and the show was at the Fariplex in Pomona. Roland bought it around 1984. I just found long lost video I took of it with Roland at the wheel from the Tognotti's show in Sac in 1985.

Tach was the original builder of the car. He sold it to Roland minus the blown hemi and Roland put a tunnel rammed hemi in it (video will be up on YouTube within a couple of days, but the quality has really degraded as it was copied from the original Beta tape to VHS in 1986).

Video is up. See at:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=190626

or at You Tube 1968GTSJimLusk

OK, I must have got my years mixed up, but I knew I saw Roland in it at the street machine nats back in the 80's sometime. So did you buy it from Roland? Last I heard Roland was pretty messed up and may even be dead by now. Partied a little too hardy I believe.

Nope, I never owned that car. Roland sold it to a buy from the Portland area and it now belongs to member, "Hemi G T S" here. I do own one the three red 1968 GTS convertible that used to reside between Redwood City and San Francisco, however. Mine made its was to Sunnyvale where I bought it. Interestingly enough my GTS lived less than a half mile from cudajim in the early 80s when he also had the Barracuda that he sold me in 2006.

OK, I must have got my years mixed up, but I knew I saw Roland in it at the street machine nats back in the 80's sometime. So did you buy it from Roland? Last I heard Roland was pretty messed up and may even be dead by now. Partied a little too hardy I believe.

Also, I haven't seen Roland since the early 90s. He lived in the East Bay near Concord and made the newspaper here in Fresno due to his large cat collection (not a large number, but a few LARGE cats). He was looking at moving to Nevada where he could keep them. And, yes he was a bit of a partier, but he was good people (or is).

here is my 66 dodge dart convertible , and yep it is a 66 dodge ..the front end has stumped everyone "canidian??" ...any idea"s ??

Attachments

• dodge66-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 762
I'd say somebody swapped the front end, but it looks good. The Canadian Valiants looked exactly like the 66 Dart GT, but had different emblems.

-
Back