showtime streeters on a 66 valiant

-

hollywood hig

King of the assklowns
Reaction score
some guys wanted to see these on the car once i got them mounted, so here's some pics.

they're 17x7 streeters w/4.25 bs sbp. tires are 205/45/17 frts, and 245/45/17 rears.

the car has an 8 3/4 axle out of a 68 barracuda, and has been lowered 2 inches. other than that there are no mods....total width of the rear tires is 9.4 inches, frts. are 8.10 inches. there are no problems with the fitment.

i actually thought the frt. tires would be a little taller, they were advertised at 24.3 inches, but came in at 24. rears are 26 inches.

hope this answers some questions with these wheels on an early a.
higgs

2-jpg.1714581077

View attachment 2.jpg

3-jpg.1714581078

View attachment 3.jpg

7-jpg.1714581079

View attachment 7.jpg

8-jpg.1714581081

View attachment 8.jpg

9-jpg.1714581082

View attachment 9.jpg

11-jpg.1714581083

View attachment 11.jpg

5-jpg.1714581084

View attachment 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a slick lookin' Valiant you have there and you made a great choice of wheels and tires. Looks great! tmm

Higgs........your car looks bitchin' with the new wheels. Congrats 8-) :thumrigh:

That ride looks Great!!

thanks for the photos of the fitment!!
Lawrence

Sweet!!! Looks way cooler with all 4 on it now, nice stance too, suits your car perfect!! :glasses7:

Higgs........your car looks bitchin' with the new wheels. Congrats 8-) :thumrigh:

Nice ride dude

That ride looks Great!!

thanks for the photos of the fitment!!
Lawrence

Sweet!!! Looks way cooler with all 4 on it now, nice stance too, suits your car perfect!! :glasses7:

thanks alot guys (and gal) for the kudos....really means alot! just trying to supply some info on these wheels, i'm really pleased with them. now if i could just get the darn interior done this winter....
higgs

What did you use to lower the rear ?
Lowering blocks ?

yep, lowering blocks. had them made out of steel for strength/support.
higgs

some guys wanted to see these on the car once i got them mounted, so here's some pics.

they're 17x7 streeters w/4.25 bs sbp. tires are 205/45/17 frts, and 245/45/17 rears.

the car has an 8 3/4 axle out of a 68 barracuda, and has been lowered 2 inches. other than that there are no mods....total width of the rear tires is 9.4 inches, frts. are 8.10 inches. there are no problems with the fitment.

i actually thought the frt. tires would be a little taller, they were advertised at 24.3 inches, but came in at 24. rears are 26 inches.

hope this answers some questions with these wheels on an early a.
higgs

Sweet! They look real cool!

Your 66 sure looks great :supz: I would have never thought our 66 Valiant's could
hold a wheel/tire that size, Thank you for sharing this info with us :coffee2:.
Stance and look is spot on very cool indeed :cheers:

Sweet! They look real cool!

Your 66 sure looks great :supz: I would have never thought our 66 Valiant's could
hold a wheel/tire that size, Thank you for sharing this info with us :coffee2:.
Stance and look is spot on very cool indeed :cheers:

you guys are the one's that are kewl!!!

thanks a truckload.........i spent about 3 month's looking at wheel/tire combinations, and i am really happy w/the look and fitment of these wheels.........thanks again!!!
higgs

I really like the two tone and painted trim. Definitely thinking of painting up mine similar since the chrome is all pitted and worn. It just looks mean!

I really like the two tone and painted trim. Definitely thinking of painting up mine similar since the chrome is all pitted and worn. It just looks mean!

yep, that's exactly why my car ended up like it is.......chrome trim pieces were missing and all beat up, i was even going to delete the chrome strips to the tail lights, but could not come up with an idea that would look right. so i just spent a couple of days carefully revamping the shapes of them........heh, one of them had a dent that was completely flat.

and u probably know how it is to find tail lights that are in good shape, etc., etc.

once i thought about it, it just made sense, delete the chrome strips, weld up the holes, and all existing trim pieces, bumpers, hood, cowl, and top black.......and pick your color.

if u do this to your ride i would love to see the progress/build. heck, i'd like to see your ride anyway.........

if there's anything i can do to help out, let me know.....
higgs

-
Back