Side Impact Duster...

-

halfhemi

Original Member
Reaction score
Finished my install of the new Volvo interior I bought from the local wrecking yard, into my 72 Duster. I know the Mopar purists are going to hate me, but the interior is very comfortable. Plus the front seats come with Side Impact airbags installed. They have a mechanical primer so during impact of the rocker panel, the switch is activated and boom...airbags. Anyhow just thought that I'd share this. No, I don't hope to be wrecking my car anytime soon.

P1015621.JPG

P1015617.JPG

That interior looks awesome and really comfortable.....:thumrigh:

looks pretty good!...what year / model of volvo was that?? did you need to make sub-frames to mount the rear seats or was it fairly easy to mount / bolt in?

Very nize transplant =P~ Congrat's on a completed install halfhemi :cheers:
They look very happy in there =P~and comfortable :happy10:

Very Nice! Those seats look like you could drive all day and be comfortable. Was the console from the volvo also? Looks good in there.

We need more info and more pics that looks awsome!!

Really neat install...is that what you call the 'deluxe' interior??

And I thought I was special with 83-85 Supra seats in my Dakota R/T.

Very nice. I am also curious about the back seat. How close of a fit is it. I love it.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.
I pulled these from a 98 Volvo S70. I was sitting in the car out at a local yard and started thinking...hmm..... I bet this whole set will fit my Duster. Upon bringing them home I started the mock up. They were a lot of work to get the perfect fitment. However they are almost a perfect fit.
I work out of my 1 car garage, so this probably took twice as long as it should have taken. The back seat was the toughest as they have no provisions underneath for the stock hooks. So I broke out the welder and fabbed up a pretty slick setup. The front seats were easy; only having to make 8 new feet to sit on. Then the shoulder belts for the back were tough as I had to set and remove the back seats about a million times for the right fit. The center console I pulled from a 98-99 Chebby s-10, because it was an identical color match. I think that I will keep looking for a different console as this one just isn't perfect.

This is the only other pic I have of the car right now. The Duster is on jack stands right now, so I have no other shots yet.

P1015625.JPG

P1015628.JPG

-
Back