Single to dual master changeover

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to change my '66 Valiant brakes system from the stock single stage master cylinder to a '67-up style dual stage master cylinder. I have the factory KH discs up front and the factory 10" rear drums in the rear. I want to keep this setup, but, just change the master and lines up front. Has anyone done this change? What all did you have to change and what parts did you have to use. I have all the stock '66 disc lines and valves/blocks, and I also have a '67 disc proportioning valve and lines to do the conversion if that works easier. Does anyone make a line conversion kit for this type of changeover? I want it to look very stock in appearance if possible, so, I'm going to use a 4 bolt cast iron master. I've seen all kinds of conversion kits, but, none that seem to use factory masters, proportioning valves, and junction blocks. Thanks for your input.

If you want to look correct, use Brad Schroeder's article "Pumping Points" as a reference.
He starts with '67s.
(Theres a casting number typo on table 2, first casting # should be 2225541, not 5411).
Good luck.
Moparts - Members In Print

I did this on mine. 67 Disk/drum M/C, same line out to rears, 2 new ones to each caliper. All though a Jeep disk/drum combo valve. It mounted down where the original distribution block mounted so its looks pretty stock from the top. The smaller jeeps were pretty light so I though it would be a good candidate for a 2900lb A body.

-
Back