Six pack to The summit

-
1st post, see my screen name....

Six paks do rule and a properly set up one will out run a 4bbl all day and night.
I have been running six paks since 1980 and kicked many many other cars to the curb including hemi cars. On the lift off hood playground web site still may be an old tech article on how to tune them. Good reading & info. Most six paks run like pigs but the owner will tell you it runs great! Little do they know.

The torque hit from the 6 pak secondaries is unlike any other fuel system other than a thermoquad. On top of the proper engine the six pak does not need a nitrous plate. Period. The dyno tests are bs because the dyno is unable to measure the torque difference betwix the 4bbl hit and the six pak hit over the upper rpm range. There is a huge performance difference when the car is srt up to GO! 40 years of six paks on the seatofthepants dyno and street racing proves a six pak is a big dog set up.

The amount of poor knowledge and old wives tale regarding the set up is quite entertaining. You can all over analyze the intake flow etc....it's all in the set up/tune up. I will say it does help tremendously to have the intake manifold port matched, ported and smoothed. The biggest error people make is in the most important baseline set up and using springs that are too light in the secondaries. It's not rocket science.

i

Please tell us more! I would love to know about your total setup your current one and also some you may have run in the past. I have read lift off Hood playground and Larry Shepherd's six pack book. But as far as not needing any nitrous any other six pack information available. But as far as not needing nitrous it is kind of a power adder world out there on the streets now and don't really have any desire on building a race gas $20,000 bottom end to compete my son drives an SRT Challenger nitrous injected my daughter drives a 2019 scat pack and I am building a solid 10 second 340 car street car.

Please tell us more! I would love to know about your total setup your current one and also some you may have run in the past. I have read lift off Hood playground and Larry Shepherd's six pack book. But as far as not needing any nitrous any other six pack information available. But as far as not needing nitrous it is kind of a power adder world out there on the streets now and don't really have any desire on building a race gas $20,000 bottom end to compete my son drives an SRT Challenger nitrous injected my daughter drives a 2019 scat pack and I am building a solid 10 second 340 car street car.
you should have no problem with the challengers , i've got over 500 hp close to 600 tq with my stroker and it is a mild everyday driver you'll probably get more power than mine and in a car close to 1/2 the weight of the SRT you should have no problems keeping up or beating them . plus it will look 10 times better when you open the hood

I've been in R&D for 40 years for the big 3. Won't say which company. We share information. Yes it was factory exhaust. The numbers were on the high side. But still real Dyno data sheets.
I don't believe those numbers were on the high side at all. I really feel stock exhaust manifolds as good as they were on a 340 just choke the everliving s*** out of a six pack equipped motor as evident in many Dyno sessions

-
Back