skips 69 swinger resto

-
The condition of that car is awesome - its gotta make you smile every time you see it!!!

Finally getting the black dart back to start my assembly,really looking forward to it.This car had a lot of panel replacement to get it right $.But the body guy Jeff Gable(races a 7 second Duster)from Shakesper here in Ontario sure got it lazer straight.The car will be at The Performance World show in Toronto at the International Center in the Moparfest Display in March so I have to get my sht together and do a clean assembly.I will post some more pics as I go.
Got the Green one stripped down and getting it ready for a new F6 Green paint job.This one will be a just a prep and paint as the sheet metal is all original and is reasonably straight to begin with.I just could not leave it in its weathered condition any longer ,although it looked cool as it was,rust never sleeps and would eventually cause sheet metal damage in the near future.

green one 079.jpg

green one 080.jpg

green one 072.jpg

green one 073.jpg

green one 074.jpg

I saw that the rad support wasn't black behind the grill, but you've cleaned it off...had to go back a page to see the first pics. Did the black just pressure wash off, or did you use some lacquer thinner?

Hey thanks for the comments,And yes i did clean the black off during the summer with lacquer thinners.
Didnt know if they did this from the factory or if someone did this in its life.
Personally I didnt like it as it didn't look clean.
Gary

Yes the black sure looks good and there was a lot of prep work to get it to this stage.The body guy deserves the credit for his talents.
Thanks for the compliment.

Wow Skip! I just realized thats the car from Moparfest.(yes, I'm slow) The pictures do not do justice to the condition of your Swinger. Good luck this winter Skip. Looks like a couple of fun projects.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Gary!
You promised me you wouldn't paint the green one!!! LOL Just kidding.

The black car is the cats *** man! WOW! Is that nice or what?!
Good Luck with both, and please keep the pix coming.

George

Mt Nemo I did see your car down the line from me,I believe you guys had a sun shade set up keeping kool.I believe I don't live that far from where you are,I'm down off Hwy 5 just before St. George.Have to cruise up your way come spring when I get my projects running.

Thanks George, pretty tough to leave the surface rust to fester,I did have some fun with the car this summer as it was but its time to move on & take steps to preserve what is there, that way it will be around for my grandsons to beat on after I have had my time with it.
The work you did on your car was outstanding.Talk to you soon.

Now the fun part, putting all the clean parts back on the Dart , stand back with a cold one and stare at it.

black one 003.jpg

black one 004.jpg

black one 008.jpg

black one 009.jpg

black one 010.jpg

black one 011.jpg

black one 012.jpg

black one 014.jpg

black one 015.jpg

black one 017.jpg

What a beautiful color that is, and what a great job, well done! Keep it up, and keep those pictures coming!

Absolutly Amazing!!! Thats exactly what i will do in the near Future when my Dart has his Paintjob! I have all Parts galvanized or new or rebuild or Paint.

Think you will have a lot of Fun while Assembling!!!=D>

Wow Skip! I just realized thats the car from Moparfest.(yes, I'm slow) The pictures do not do justice to the condition of your Swinger. Good luck this winter Skip. Looks like a couple of fun projects.

I'm slower yet Bill, as I took a picture of it also, and I only realized it after you mentioned it, lol.

Outstanding Skip, as stated before, one hellof a set. Progress looks great!! I started putting my 70 back together in sept. o8, and just fired it up for first time today, makes it all worth it. It has been my get away for the past couple months, and I really enjoyed it. I will do a post over the holiday when I get a bit of free time. Once again Skip, outstanding, keep us posted.

Thanks for the compliments,I know what your talking about when you say your get away, as this sure is my get away and look forward to working on it when my day job is done.
Any of you guys delt with the super stock spring set up as I think the car will sit higher than I want.Thinking of flipping the front spring hangers?to lower it.
Maybe some of you have been there.
Let me know.
Thanks

Looks great Skip!! Nice attention to detail on things. That is going to one sick ride.
One thing I noticed though is that your front sway bar appears to be upside down. Isnt that bump in the center supposed to be above the rad support to frame support piece that bolts on? I could be wrong though.

hey skip i have asked a few questions on SS springs here before and yes there are guys who are flipping the hangers to get a lower height, so it can be done...its nice to see a sweet mopar coming together right here in Ontario...from what i understand it will be at performance world, which i go to every year, so i cant wait to see it now! maybe ill c u there too...anyways keep up the good work it looks awesome so far

Looks great Skip!! Nice attention to detail on things. That is going to one sick ride.
One thing I noticed though is that your front sway bar appears to be upside down. Isnt that bump in the center supposed to be above the rad support to frame support piece that bolts on? I could be wrong though.

Boy you had me scramble on that one and you are absolutely right.I checked my arcives of green Dart pictures and there it was.Thanks for the heads up id rather change it now. Would have psd me off when I went to install the support bracket.

green one 073.jpg

OK mshred I am going to flip the front hangers to lower it some what.I'll see how it sits when I get some rubber on it and the interior is in.Havent got the wheels or tires yet,changed all to 4.5" BC so there is a big selection out there.
Thanks

Pretty much done crawling around on top of this thing so I think its safe to bolt some fenders on and finish the front clip.Have to bend up a 3/8" SS fuel line to go from front to back and try and make it look like a bought one , have some good hand benders so it should'nt be to bad.Then its pretty much ready to fire up.Going to start on the interior next week, that should be interesting?Anyway I will show you the outcome.

black one 024.jpg

black one 022.jpg

black one 023.jpg

black one 025.jpg

black one 026.jpg

black one 027.jpg

black one 028.jpg

black one 029.jpg

-
Back