skips 69 swinger resto

-
You sure are 1 Crazy Lunatic on the perfection side. You must be retired to have the time and energy to produce such AWSOME work......

TOP NOTCH, DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

I WISH I was retired so I could spend more than a few hrs a day working on this stuff.Always nice to get some compliments on what your doing from fellow a-body enthusiasts.
Thanks, and best of the season to you all.
Cheers

I WISH I was retired so I could spend more than a few hrs a day working on this stuff.Always nice to get some compliments on what your doing from fellow a-body enthusiasts.
Thanks, and best of the season to you all.
Cheers

I will try again, Kids are all grown and out of the house??......:-D

Just making excuses for myself........haaaaa

Great build...i mean builds!Im from Stratford hopefully i will bump into you at moparfest this summer for a closer look at your ride(s)

Great build...i mean builds!Im from Stratford hopefully i will bump into you at moparfest this summer for a closer look at your ride(s)

Not to Highjack the thread, but it would be easy enough to meet him @ Moparfest, I will be trying this year again to get a "Club Parking" area for FABO members, last year was the first year (a trial), it worked out reasonably well, all things considered.

Skip had preferred parking for that sweet black Dart (well deserved) in the arena this past summer. The green one is coming along great, if the black one was for practice, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Giles

Love that green colour.We had a mopar guy my way a long time ago and his nick name was skip.Nice work on booth darts.

Skip, it was indeed a privilege to see the beautiful work you've done and your fantastic shop. I know that I'll probably never be able to do as nice a restoration as you've done, or have such a beautiful shop, but you've inspired me to try. After I saw your shop, I went on a big "shop improvement" binge!

Know what? I wish you'd tell us how you acquired such a cool shop, how long it took you to put it together, and how you gained all your restoration skills. Maybe the rest of us could use the information in some way to figure out how to do something similar ourselves.

Starting to put the engine stuff on, lots to learn with this six pack set up but it is interesting.
My 6 yr old grandson likes to get in and help if he can,Im passing along the mopar madness to him he just dosent know it yet.

is it f-6 green? looks a tad lighter or something

talk about getting the work done and done right wow man very nive i want to do this with a duster one day

Skip, it was indeed a privilege to see the beautiful work you've done and your fantastic shop. I know that I'll probably never be able to do as nice a restoration as you've done, or have such a beautiful shop, but you've inspired me to try. After I saw your shop, I went on a big "shop improvement" binge!

Know what? I wish you'd tell us how you acquired such a cool shop, how long it took you to put it together, and how you gained all your restoration skills. Maybe the rest of us could use the information in some way to figure out how to do something similar ourselves.

Wow thanks for those words, not going to able to get my head thru the door now lol
Its always nice to start with a newly built shop which looks really clean but it does take some effort to keep it looking that way and I try to cleanup after myself every time I do something in there otherwise it will get ahead of you.Even now after doing a couple of darts I find that I am starting to hord a lot of old parts whick seem to create cluttered areas. just have to keep that in check as I can.
As far as restoration skills go I just go by the seat of my pants, guess it helps to be an industrial millright by trade but doing research on sites like this and seeing how other people have done it makes it a lot easier, be a lot tougher with out this internet thing.

is it f-6 green? looks a tad lighter or something
I thought the same thing but the mettalic in the paint makes it look a lot lighter under the intense flouresents I have.It does look different in natural light. It was hard finding a formula for the base coat for f6 as they didnt do the basecoat clear thing in those days, the one I did obtain I was told was judged the correct f6 shade at Columbus on another dodge.A few weeks after it was painted I found the original coloured f6 gas cap that we fogot to paint and it was hard to see any shade difference when we put it on the car.
Have to see when its all said and done.

Beautiful cars. Awesome job. And that looks like a nice big clean shop too! Must be all the help from the 6-year old. Just think of how much more would get done if ya had a whole crew of them. lol

Wylde1.

Thanks,the guy who does the bodywork and paint on my Darts is from Stratford,his shop is in Shakespere.Im told by the moparfest people that I can have preferred parking again inside the arena for the green dart so be sure to stop by and chat.

Not to Highjack the thread, but it would be easy enough to meet him @ Moparfest, I will be trying this year again to get a "Club Parking" area for FABO members, last year was the first year (a trial), it worked out reasonably well, all things considered.

Skip had preferred parking for that sweet black Dart (well deserved) in the arena this past summer. The green one is coming along great, if the black one was for practice, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Giles

Hey Giles,I think the FABO club parking is a good thing,it was nice to meet and put a face on some of the names you talk to on this site.
See you at Moparfest again next summer.

Got a fair bit done this past weekend, this is the fun stuff and its starting to look a car again. probably have this one done for the end of March,after that I can start tweeking the 6 Pack setup that looks quite at home in this Dart!
I CAD designed a solid model and CNC machined a sweet billet air cleaner that takes a standard K&N E-3515 air filter that really shows the carbs off rather than hide them, so far it looks like it just fits under the hood.I will post some pics of that later as I have to make a few revisions to it.

assy 046.jpg

assy 048.jpg

assy 050.jpg

assy 051.jpg

assy 052.jpg

assy 055.jpg

assy 056.jpg

assy 057.jpg

Wow beautiful Dart. Was it a dark copper metallic HH1 like mine originally. I have never seen another one and your first pic looks to be the same colour. Well done Skip!

Ok thats it I had f6 green was my first this one is f8 but i cant help it i think im going to paint it f6 green seeing yours makes me want it that much more.

Just thought I would post a few pics of my six pack set up in case somebody else was heading this way you could maybe use it as a reference for hose routing ,linkage ,etc.Went to the Promax rear carb base plate to get at the mix screws. also put in the Promax front and rear carb billet jet plates so I can fine tune the jetting without drilling holes.
Made my own air cleaner out of billet alumn. turned out kind of kool, and the stock bulge hood even closes.
Got some glass back in front and rear ,put the side glass window mechanisims back in ---thats always an interesting chore*&#@!
Getting close to sending a spark to it and let er come to life---really looking forward to that.
Put the original rad in and didnt notice till then that the lower hose neck is on the on the driver side and the new stroker motor water pump neck is on the passenger side so its off to the rad shop for some mods,probably a good time to add an extra core.
Later.

assy 065.jpg

assy 066.jpg

assy 067.jpg

assy 068.jpg

assy 069.jpg

assy 070.jpg

Awesome work!
I wonder if my shop was that clean; would my cars come out this good? lol

-
Back