Slant 6 AC setup questions

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1963 slant in my 64 D100 project truck that I would like to put A/C in. I know I can go with aftermarket stuff (if I can find it) but let’s try this first. I'll be tearing the truck down this winter so modifying something shouldn’t be an issue. This is what I need to know.

Are there A/C brackets that will fit a 63 slant?

Is there a particular year of abody or any-body style for that matter, which I could get the entire heat/AC system from that might fit in this truck? I’m wondering about electric, mechanical or vacuum controls. I’m not opposed to cutting stuff up to get it in. You truck guys know there isn’t much space under the dash.

I don’t really want the under dash like in my 72 Dart unless that is my only option.

What do ya think?

You can find some posts on here about slant brackets. There are 1 or 2 after-market kits, but not cheap. Looks fairly easy to mount a Sanden bracket off the power steering mount holes. Search "York to Sanden" on ebay. Syed here made a similar custom bracket for his 64 slant. I found a Sanden bracket w/ p.s. on a Volare in the junkyard. Most trucks had the alternator on the driver's side, so you might need to move that. Under-dash units have simple controls, just 1 wire to the compressor. I recall seeing some that mount behind a truck dash, at least for 50's trucks.

-
Back