Slant 6 progress

-
Is there room for a short fan spacer?
There might not even be room for the clutch fan, I’m still waiting to see. The slant is a long dog in a short house on the early A’s. I made this setup work on a big block a body, hoping I get lucky twice.

I’m going to rent the pulley puller and use a singe pulley off of my spare alt.

And people complain about 318s....
I ain't because I have (and have had) several /6s and 318s..... And currently have a /6 in a pickup that I plan on leaving a /6... If they want an abomination to ***** about they can ***** about 2.7, 3.7 ( not the /6 but the newer v6) and the 4.7... I'm tired of all the /6 and 318 bashing that has become so common around here lately. .
Alot of idiots that need to find something better to do
They always ruin perfectly good threads. Maybe we should return some favors.

There might not even be room for the clutch fan, I’m still waiting to see. The slant is a long dog in a short house on the early A’s. I made this setup work on a big block a body, hoping I get lucky twice.

I’m going to rent the pulley puller and use a singe pulley off of my spare alt.
There's no room for one in Vixen, even if I used that shorty clutch everybody uses. The room just isn't there.

You do realize that you need to take the alternator apart to "press" the new pully on.
Yes

There's no room for one in Vixen, even if I used that shorty clutch everybody uses. The room just isn't there.
How close was it? I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m working with an extra .75” over the stock clearance.

Yes

How close was it? I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m working with an extra .75” over the stock clearance.
I don't remember. It was a good bit, though. I'm unsure 3/4" would do it. Keep us posted though. I don't think I'd swap my 4 blade out anyway. It never over heats and it's very little draw on the engine.

Personally, I would notch the fan blades for clearance. It would be fairly easy and have a negligible effect on the air flow.
And exactly how are You going to be sure it stays balanced, it WILL fracture a water pump shaft &/or kill the bearings, & I know this 1st-hand.

I don't remember. It was a good bit, though. I'm unsure 3/4" would do it. Keep us posted though. I don't think I'd swap my 4 blade out anyway. It never over heats and it's very little draw on the engine.
I won’t be heart broken if it doesn’t fit. I just love using the Mopar Performance stuff whenever possible.

I’ll definitely make a post about it if it all works out. Im using a slimmer core than stock and I’ve had it relocated back in the bracket for the max clearance possible.

I won’t be heart broken if it doesn’t fit. I just love using the Mopar Performance stuff whenever possible.

I’ll definitely make a post about it if it all works out. Im using a slimmer core than stock and I’ve had it relocated back in the bracket for the max clearance possible.
The other 'trick' I've used & posted before, is to loosen all of the engine mount brackets, and the engine & trans mounts, then pull them rearward with a ratchet strap or come-along & tighten everything down. It can give You more extra than You'd think, all of the tolerance leeway in the holes adds up, & I take everything I can get.

You may make it fit. I have a stock 3 row in mine so it's a little fatter.

The other 'trick' I've used & posted before, is to loosen all of the engine mount brackets, and the engine & trans mounts, then pull them rearward with a ratchet strap or come-along & tighten everything down. It can give You more extra than You'd think, all of the tolerance leeway in the holes adds up, & I take everything I can get.
That is a great idea, and since it’s all out right now, it will be easy to accomplish! I still need a driveshaft too, so I’ll take as much as I can possibly get out of it. Thank you.

That wasn’t so bad, plenty of clearance now.

IMG_6268.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6272.jpeg

IMG_6273.jpeg

But now that you can see that the single pulley is shorter than the other one, hopefully your belt alignment works out

-
Back