Slant 6 to B/RB

-

Adam Baird

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong category etc i just joined the forum.. picked up a 73 duster for a 440 big block swap and looks like schumacher creative services is out of business. Any tips or if anyone else sells those mounts to fit on the slant 6 K member would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm in the same boat. No one is making the 73' and up motor mounts for A-body Slant 6 K-member to B/RB. Schumacher was recently purchased by someone after the previous owner nearly let it naturally disolve. A few months ago, the new owner responded to my email asking if they were going to ever make the 73' and up motor mounts and he said they'd start making them early 2022. No one has had these in stock since at least Jan 2020 & I'm tired of waiting, so I'm going to attempt to make my own. Per Schumacher directions, the drivers side perch is basically 1" too tall for Slant 6 K-member so you have to drill 5/16" holes 1" below the existing Us in the perch, then cut off metal above the new holes. You also have to take out some notches on the sides of the perch. A few weeks ago the link to these directions (including a templet) was working Schumacher's website but checked today and the link is no longer working. Lucky for me, I printed out a copy and already made these adjustments. My mechanic friend said to take measurements of the entire K-member and mock up a replica of the K-member so you can get very close so you don't have to keep putting the motor in & out of the engine bay over and over again before getting it right. BTW, I originally clicked on the instructions for the V8 to B/RB which are slightly different so don't make that mistake like I almost did.

welcome aboard gentlemen

UScartool is the one who bought the schumacher line, but who knows when they will start producing them (they are advertising them in print, but nothing on their website yet)

so, that leaves you with two viable options
1: post a wanted thread here and hope one of our members has a set they arent using
2: get yourself a set of elephant ear mounts

Sorry if this is in the wrong category etc i just joined the forum.. picked up a 73 duster for a 440 big block swap and looks like schumacher creative services is out of business. Any tips or if anyone else sells those mounts to fit on the slant 6 K member would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Last I heard, schmaucher was out of business

Last I heard, schmaucher was out of business
The following is an email from the Schumacher with the owners last name removed, not sure he wants everyone knowing his full name.
My name is Chris ____, new owner of Schumacher Creative Services. That kit, A73B6, is slated for production around the first of the year. I can put you on the list and let you know when they’re ready.

Thank you
-Chris
Schumacher Creative Services Inc.

The following is an email from the Schumacher with the owners last name removed, not sure he wants everyone knowing his full name.
My name is Chris ____, new owner of Schumacher Creative Services. That kit, A73B6, is slated for production around the first of the year. I can put you on the list and let you know when they’re ready.

Thank you
-Chris
Schumacher Creative Services Inc.
So they got bought out then

Engine plate. Andy on this site makes the best
0638B83A-F95D-4D8E-8400-A37753FA4C37.jpeg
6CA45977-881A-42C9-A404-24D62630554C.jpeg

Thanks for the info on the engine plates but I'm making a daily driver so I'm hoping to keep as many of the accessories as possible.
"I'm told" you can still do that with a motor plate. You have the water pump housing mounting surfaces machined by the thickness of the plate. This allows you to use a stock pump, stock pulleys. You will have to diddle with mounts for the alternator, and the PS pump "might be" a trick

'If I live long enough" this is my plan

I'd drop in the motor by a chain, have it hover over the K at ride height, support it with a scissor jack. Very carefully make some cardboard templates for what you need in metal and then cut and weld. I'd not wait on brand X to make you something next year for what you can make for $3 in scrap metal today. post the finished product here for the rest of us. Base your measurements off some sort of isolator, biscuit or otherwise to allow the motor to get mounted properly.

I'd drop in the motor by a chain, have it hover over the K at ride height, support it with a scissor jack. Very carefully make some cardboard templates for what you need in metal and then cut and weld. I'd not wait on brand X to make you something next year for what you can make for $3 in scrap metal today. post the finished product here for the rest of us. Base your measurements off some sort of isolator, biscuit or otherwise to allow the motor to get mounted properly.
what are you...a hotrodder?

stir.gif

To set the story straight. Uscartool had an agreement with Schumacher to start producing the mounts under license and they announced it in at least one Mopar magazine that I’m aware of. Right before the magazine hit the newsstands, Schumacher called and said Hold up I found a buyer for the whole business. So Uscartool wasn’t allowed to make anything. the new buyer is a restoration shop in Murrietta California. It’s been posted on Engine-swaps home page for a few months now, but no mention on the new owners (Motech performance) website.

Maybe the new owner is taking time to transition the equipment and or build up some stock before opening the floodgates?

I also used Andy F’s motor plate… amongst other things. Valley pan, alt bracket, cam button, timing cover, dipstick plug. A+++ on everything. Tti headers fit… with some hammering. Good luck with the duster! Alternatively, strap some 73+ spool mounts on it, land it, weld it, Bob’s your uncle
B8468638-3627-42AF-A414-65C8B05F4FDE.jpeg

2F217E1E-2310-46B0-941A-6CBF1A0BE54A.jpeg

these guys bought schmacher out and will be selling the mounts.. may want to call them. MOTECH Performance

It’s been a rough couple of years but our transition is finally over. After over 29 years in the Mopar business we have decided to hang up our drafting pencils. We have been acquired by MoTech Performance in Murrieta, California and the products you need will be in production and available again in the very near future. New owner Chris Field promises continuation of the quality and innovation you came to expect from Schumacher products. You can still contact me for product tech support at [email protected]. New phone numbers and emails are as follows:
• 41715 Elm St #301, Murrieta, CA 92562 • 951.440.8340 • [email protected]

What segment of the K member changed from 72 ~> 73? Trans Dapt/Hedman has the slant ~> BB adapters for the 67 ~> 72.

-
Back