-
Status
Not open for further replies.

volaredon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I guess they made these in the 60s to mate 727s to /6s before they made a trans case that would directly bolt to a /6. I guess A100 series vans and taxi cabs were most likely to have been equipped with them.
I just had an A500 fall into my lap I wasn't expecting.
What have you got collecting dust under your workbench?

Mine is slated to mate a triple Webered slant to my A500 in my 47 Dodge or at least that’s the plan

here it is as seen from the engine side

D67E0B19-A3A6-446B-80A4-A73B1BEF066E.jpeg

I'v got one of them out in the garage under my storage shelving, that i will sell, but i would hafta figure out a price.

I DO NOT have the crank spacer, just the big adapter.

You will need the spacer, if you don't know about that part.

And there are two different spacers, depending on the diameter of the snout on the torque converter.

I'm a pm away, for further info.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Transmission Adapter 001 (Small).JPG

Transmission Adapter 002 (Small).JPG

Transmission Adapter 003 (Small).JPG

I'v got one of them out in the garage under my storage shelving, that i will sell, but i would hafta figure out a price.

I DO NOT have the crank spacer, just the big adapter.

You will need the spacer, if you don't know about that part.

And there are two different spacers, depending on the diameter of the snout on the torque converter.

]
Actually, the spacer is different depending on the year of the engine. 1967 down small pilot hole in the end of the crank. 1968 up large pilot hole in the end of the crank. The 727 trans had the same size converter pilot across those years.

Mine is a 74 engine.
If I could get the big plate that goes between engine and trans, and some dimensions for the spacer, I might be able to get the spacer portion made.

I know it makes this a longer shot, but I'm hoping to find something around Chicago ish maybe Indy ish.
I hate to think what shipping might cost.
"Just for a second" (and, no, I DON'T expect this for free, not at all) let's forget about the cost of the adapter itself. Let's just say "for argument sake"
Let's forget the price of the adapter itself.
What would it cost to ship something like this to the Chicago area? More exact I'm near Kankakee, 2 counties south. Zip 60901.

There is a chance, though slim as it might be, that I MIGHT actually be at the clay city KY slant 6 series race, I've been offered a "ride along" courtesy of a slant 6 racer who will be taking part, and lives in my area. Failing that he would be able to bring one back for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back