Slapper Bars

-

RPMLegends18

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I was working on my buddies chevy ( he broke off a timing cover bolt so I had to Heli-Coil it ) and in return he gave me a set of slapper bars that he was planning on running on his firebird....I did some forum searching and everything I read about them is bad bad bad bad bad....bad idea to throw them on? I like the look of them IMO

Well, OK, to each there own. But when you bend your rear springs and brake ****, you'll know why. Ground clearance also is reduced.

Mopar rear springs have a shorter front section than rear, unlike Fords and GM's. That's why traction bars don't work on Mopars.

They look like **** too

haha thats the kind of answer I was looking for. you guys crack me up. well what would spice up the side view of the car? The headers are white with purple hornies bolted straight to them...but what else?

White Headers-purple Hornies--hmmm.....how Bout Pink And Chrome Sidepipes? Lol

Hookers with Purple Hornies then a set of Gabriel Hi-Jackers. Super cool.
(where is my disco shoes?) Did I tell you about turning the air filter cover over??? Sounds mean

BW

The problem is the snubber on the traction bar doesnt end up in the right spot, Its to far back which will end up bending the spring.

If the snubber was in the right spot they would work no different then they would on any other leaf spring car.

A pinion snubber does the same thing, it keeps the springs from wrapping up but it his the floor pan instead of the front of the springs.

The side view is best spiced up by proper rake with bitchin wheels and a deep dish to the wheels giving notice to a wide trie. Body side stripes and "GO wing" with possible hood scoop, non factory.

Retro look? Side Pipes! Tires sticking 2 or more inchs out of the wheel well.

haha thats the kind of answer I was looking for. you guys crack me up. well what would spice up the side view of the car? The headers are white with purple hornies bolted straight to them...but what else?

A set of side stripes can realy make a car pop. IMOA

If you don't like the stripes idea, how about covering the front fenders with aftermarket part & accessory decals. Then splash the name of the car over the rear quarter and doors. RPM Legend ought to cover it pretty well.

After thinking about this for some time.
:stop:
I have never seen any springs bent by using slapper bars.
:stop:

BW

Well, I doubt very much that the slapper Traction bars will help traction, but I still think they look cool as hell! I guess I'm "old school"! :D
I remember Traction Action bars from the 70's.

George

back in the 80's my friend put some on his dart sport...they actually helped quite a bit...till he ripped 1 off going over some railroad tracks lol

-
Back