Slow going from first to second

-
It is a cheater for not having the right length slotted rod.
I see. I have the right piece of slotted linkage, but have an an Edelbrock RPM intake and 1406 carb. Originally the car came with a 2 barrel carb and it still has the short accelerator cable that has been extended. All those things combined only allows a few threads on the rod to properly set up and connect the linkage, so now I see where the nut/bolt comes into play. Taking all that into consideration, I've set it up as per the Chrysler "shop class video".
Short of some fine tuning does my linkage look set up correctly? Thanks

Resized_Resized_20220824_085631.jpeg

I see. I have the right piece of slotted linkage, but have an an Edelbrock RPM intake and 1406 carb. Originally the car came with a 2 barrel carb and it still has the short accelerator cable that has been extended. All those things combined only allows a few threads on the rod to properly set up and connect the linkage, so now I see where the nut/bolt comes into play. Taking all that into consideration, I've set it up as per the Chrysler "shop class video".
Short of some fine tuning does my linkage look set up correctly? Thanks

View attachment 1715975233
If your slotted kickdown lever is too short you can use this adapter. There are a hundred thousand Mopars out there with a bolt in the slot. It is just a work around. If your throttle goes full open with the pedal and your kickdown adjustment makes the transmission shift properly you are probably ok. Is it right? That's for you to decide.

kickdown adapter Edelbrock 8004.jpg

If your slotted kickdown lever is too short you can use this adapter. There are a hundred thousand Mopars out there with a bolt in the slot. It is just a work around. If your throttle goes full open with the pedal and your kickdown adjustment makes the transmission shift properly you are probably ok. Is it right? That's for you to decide.

View attachment 1715975235
I got it Mike. Thanks for the tip.

-
Back