Small thing that irratates you about your car

-
1. My Torqueflite has no overdrive.
2. I haven't put the Dippy cop car rear sway bar on it yet, even though
it has been sitting in the parts room for 9 years.
3. I should redo the trunk lid. After 22 years, the paint is starting to crack.
4. My brain is starting to hurt so I must quit before it explodes.

1. the front window pisses on my legs when it rains
2. speedometer doesent work very well
3. engine randomly cuts out, typicaly when im trying to pass someone or cross a busy street.
4. the previous owner did a terrible job welding the quarter panel on, it looks like an ocean and is very embarassing, i would have rather had the rust.
5.the automatic trans sucks.
6. the right rear tire looses rubber more rapidly than the other tires.

every time I jump on the throttle the rear view mirror moves back and I have to readjust it constantly.

I have to bleed the kelsey hays calipers every so often, the master cylinders are crap these days, mostly rebuilds on marginal cores...

on my 68 cuda...water leaks in when it rains...fuel gauge doesn't work...when I lean on the driver side fender, it makes a big creaking noise...my rusty *** quarter panel...

Let me see, hhhmm!! My rear view mirror wobbles to easy and I have to buy two peace fishing poles when I take her fishing, I use 7'2 heavy to medium action rods to sink the hook in the big bass and like a one peace rod.:happy10:
Pull the rear seat back out and run the fishing pole(s) through from the trunk to the front seat. Either that or buy my Barracuda with the fold down seat and trunk panel! If your inside mirror is the one wobbling, they're easy to tighten. It's usually the screws are loose on the plate that tensions the ball on the back side of the base.

When the body and paint are nice but the clear coat starts to peel off! Short of stripping the vehicle again and spending the big bucks, I don't know any cure. Anyone?
Thanks, Mark

the fact that i do not have duster emblems on the sides of my car, just the back, and it irritates me that people do not know what she is!... 3/4 of the people that see the car say.." hey...nice dart"...seriously, i will punch you..

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a faulty fuel gauge. Every now and then, it'll work, but mostly not.

Speedo doesn't work either, but I don't care, I'm never doing the speed limit anyway. :thebirdm:

The PO installed some of the GT trim on the car, but not all, so it looks a little off (it still has the 270 trim on). And the "gills" on the fender/door are installed on the wrong sides.

And during the install of the GT trim, they never sealed anything, so now it's rusting under the added trim.

But other than all of that, I love my Dart :love7:

nothing iritates me to be honest, the dings are all part of memorys and what litle rust there is doesent mean alot to me except make me sad that i dont have space enough to repair it properly, but i get irritated on myself for worrying about the car burning whenever i feel a strange smell,after having the enginecompartment on fire two times thats the kind of stuff that can get on your nerves alitle especialy after the second fire wich had to be put out with dust from the side of the road and a small bottle of water i had on hand after the fireextinguisher was emptied:(

i just love my duster the way it is

Sticky lifter. If I just back the car out of the garage and park it, the next time it starts it will be tapping like crazy. It goes away after about a mile of driving though. Now, if I want to back the car out on the driveway, I have to drive around the block a couple times so it won't tap the next time the car starts. Works like a charm. Ideally, I would like to fix this, but no dinero right now.

Mine, like most, is not complete. Also my gas gague is wrong. When I fill it up it goes way above the full mark. When on 1/4tank its empty. Don't ask me how I know that.

let's see. I'm gunna start on my duster Oil leaks bad, transmisson needs going through, the guy who had it before me spray painted part of my door instead of doing it right. Also I have the same problem about the emblems,but someone called the cops on me for burning my tires but they thought it was a camero. So I think the emblems are a good problem LOL Now for my dart, the fact that it's not sold!!!

Want to talk about annoying gas guages, my 98 Dodge Dakota, the gas guage bounces between empty and the right reading, and the low gas chime dings every time, sometimes it does this every thrity seconds or so.

Thee dreaded Mopar A/C specific firewall. I ditched my A/C system only to find out that I have a specific firewall configuration so I ended up having to ditch the heater as well. No delete plate for the blower motor exists.

Ad oh yeah, narrow rear wheel wells.

Mine has a very wierd problem that drives me crazy. When going downhill and using the brakes, there is a bad electrical short that kicks the dash power breaker I installed. If I unplug the t/s switch harness it goes away, but I have no brake lights either. I installed a new t/s switch a couple of years ago and must have screwed up a couple of wires somewhere. Too lazy to fix it.

My dash lights are too dim, and the gas guage still doesn't work right, even after replacing the sender unit and the gauge. Otherwise, I am slowly getting most of the litttle bugs out of it.
It is a BLAST to drive! My biggest problem . . . should I drive it, or the Prowler. Not always a problem when my wife takes the Dart to the shows and I take the Cat.

Well, after 10 years or so now I still can't figure out where the trans is leaking on my GTX. I've changed the pan twice, gaskets, o-rings, lines...everything. Thought I had it fixed, raced it and beat the crap out of it at the Nats a couple years ago, no leaks. Get it home, back it off the trailer, come out the next day...puddle!!! ARRGGGHHH!! I banished it to the back of the shop and just got it out this spring, maybe that'll show it!!!

As for the 66, it's the taillight configuration. My lower red lenses burn bright like a brake light, the turn and brake are actually the top lense and they burn weak. Already changed the complete back harness, it helped the brake light problem I was having but did not fix the weak burn of the main light.

It's easy to pick apart "Sunfish", but for all it's flaws, it is just enjoyable to have. I guess the biggest craw is the spraybomb paint job under the hood, done with John Deere tractor green or something close to that. We got the car from the original owner, so I wonder who bombed the engine bay???HMMM!!!

It's easy to overlook any flaw as long as they're still giving my family enjoyment, and they never fail to provide!! Thanks Ma, for makin' cars that we could love so much!!! Geof

like many, it's not finished, I spend all my money on it, the paint isn't perfect, lol everyone seems to think it looks great but I know where all the little spots are and it drives me nuts, I will repaint her soon lol

lets see, little things...

Wiper Pivot seals need replacing, just found that out when i had to park outside the other day.

Gas and Temp dont work, i gotta get a new limiter from Demon ivr and see if its that or the gauges, or the float in the tank.

My mirror moves around too upon acceleration

Oil collecting on top of the valley pan from somewhere, gotta pull the intake one of these days to find it.

New one: it started leaking antifreeze, like a drip a minute kind of leaking. Not cool.

mine has a tiny drip too, found out there was a little crack where the trans cooler fitting was brazed to the radiator, put a external trans cooler on and brazed the fitting.

It leaked the same whether there was pressure in the radiator or not. weird

-
Back