Smith & Wesson model 1902 M&P

-
Now that I would buy from you if you should decide to sell!
You guys aren't turning this thread into a sale thread are you. I didn't think so. LOL
Send him a PM if you want to deal behind the scenes. We moderators don't need to see it.

Now that I would buy from you if you should decide to sell!

Not for sale!

I have talked to the family that gave it to me afterwards and gave them the value and felt they needed to know. They told me as long as I own it no issue, but if I was to sell they want half. I will keep it and keep shooting it monthly.

I have my dads service revolver he carried as a beat cop in Tampa Fl. in 1946. It's a Smith and Wesson 38 SPL snub nose. I wouldn't take a $1000.00 for it.

Beautiful pieces, all of them. DO NOT underprice collectible firearms and DO NOT even think about getting them refinished!!!!!!!!!!

I had a nickle plated S/W 38 Special. The damn thing was so worn out the cylinder wouldn't index properly and it spit lead with every squeeze of the trigger. I had it destroyed before someone got hurt!
It evidently had a bunch ran thru it !!

WD40 isn't ideal for guns because it can gum up after years, but it doesn't affect bluing, just a myth.
I first saw wd 40 used by an old pheasant hunter, he`d been using it all his life I guess w/ no problems. The last time I hunted w/ my 'cherry" 1148 Remington, it rained us out. Hd to lower the barrel and poor the water out on the way back to the truck. I sprayed the he-- out of it w/ wd 40 , I don`t know how many times. I never did take it apart and clean it tho. I have gotten it out a few times over the past 30 yrs, and it`s still perfect inside and out, no rust at all, and no blueing discoloration !

I was looking at a S&W 586 over the weekend. I'm failing at resisting right now...

I found it's impossible to resist a revolver, I have to stay away from gun stores now. I just bought my wife a Ruger SP-101 for Valentine's day... I've got issues! Good luck!

20180319_213328.jpg

I bought my wife a Ruger LCR in pink of all colors a few years ago and is the gun she carries. I don't have a 586 but I do have 2 686 357's one 2 1/2" and one 4" barrel.

I've got issues!

I invented that condition!

I used the excuse of that 6 foot tall black gun salesman that lived in DC for a long time.

Got away with it too!

Thankfully the wife is almost as bad!

Was he a black salesman who sold guns or a salesman who sold black guns? LOL

He was black salesman who lived on Pennsylvania Avenue, 1600 I believe!

It was so bad in my house that I was wondering if my wife was going to shoot the television every time his lying *** was on the screen.

Laugh if you like! She was scared, pissed off and tired of the best gun salesman the world has known!

What was funny though, my wife is 5'0", 110 lbs when she steps out of the shower. She CANNOT rack a semi-auto firearm.

No suggestions please - it won't work. Went to an LCR and had to replace it with an LCRx

My wife shoots a S&W shield 9mm. And does that well. She really likes shooting my 22 ruger semi auto rifle and clearly a dead eye with it. I will load a 25 round banana clip and she will unload it quicker than I reload another for her. The range is fun for us.

the .45 I carried in the Marines was so worn out that the barrel would rattle in the holster. If my target was farther than 10 yds, I may as well have thrown this thing at him! I slung a 16 after I was issued that museum piece. I was assault, a "Rocket Man": SMAW, AT-4 or Dragon.
not to bad. lol a good 45 in the corps would reach out to 30 , maybe. lol
I always liked when we got new/ USED equipment. a polished turd

I just put a new laserguard on my m&p9c tonight. Maybe I need to list the old grip laser here lol

The current situation sure has me in fear for the upcoming election and changes that might bring.

I was looking at an 8" Smith 29 just yesterday but I must hold off in favor of certain controversial gun parts.

It's nice to see so many friends here. We are sailing troubled seas, my friends.

I just put a new laserguard on my m&p9c tonight. Maybe I need to list the old grip laser here lol

The current situation sure has me in fear for the upcoming election and changes that might bring.

I was looking at an 8" Smith 29 just yesterday but I must hold off in favor of certain controversial gun parts.

It's nice to see so many friends here. We are sailing troubled seas, my friends.
8" Smith? Holy hand cannon, batman!
Controversial, Are you talking about the AR15 laws that are going into effect this summer?

Hell, here in California, we're just one bill away from being law abiding criminals.

8" Smith? Holy hand cannon, batman!
Controversial, Are you talking about the AR15 laws that are going into effect this summer?

State, or some federal that I dont know about?

Hell, here in California, we're just one bill away from being law abiding criminals.

Yeah, but at least we will be safe once all these dangerous AR (assault rifle) 15s are turned in by the criminals.

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

-
Back