Smith & Wesson model 1902 M&P

-
I think the 1911 was worth more and it was really nice, it also had the government issue holster.
Truly the coolest part to me is my heritage !!!
Priceless !!

I think the 1911 was worth more and it was really nice, it also had the government issue holster.
Truly the coolest part to me is my heritage !!!
Priceless !!
I agree with that completely! I feel the same way about my ratty looking 1902 Smith. There are a bunch of beater revolvers out there, but none which were carried by family members most of their lives.

My two latest. I love the old S&W M&P revolvers.

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

That M&P is really nice! Do you know what year it is? 1902, 1905, which change? I dig it!

Thanks! It's a 1946 if I remember correctly. I've only shot it a few times. The bluing is super nice despite the fingerprints in the pic!
I'm looking for an older S&W .357 now. Something I can take shooting and not worry about it as much.

Kids just went down for the night, starting to dig into one of my ARs, the one I take to the range. I have to convert my gun into a "fixed mag" to keep from having to register it as an "assault weapon". Thanks California voters, Im sure all the criminals are hard at work, converting their guns right now! Well, wish me luck!
20180324_200248.jpg
20180324_200355.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me about it! I've been looking for a PPK .380 for a while. Another one on "the list". :wtf:

I had a ruger super 44 mag. redhawk once, it was a hoot to shoot. Best results were Clint Eastwood style/let it bounce.
how is your thumb or did you have better than factory grips. lol those kick like a mule, accurate for maybe 1 or 2 shots.
the gun will shoot straight, but the shooter won't.

how is your thumb or did you have better than factory grips. lol those kick like a mule, accurate for maybe 1 or 2 shots.
the gun will shoot straight, but the shooter won't.
agree---------took a lot of concentration after about 3 rounds, but it can be done.

I'm not sure . The wrighting is very small.
It apears to say smith n wesson.
It is a 5 shot.
It is either a 32 or 38 ?
I could put one of my 38 rounds in it and see if it fits ?

A little late to the party, but here's my great-grandfathers 1861 Remington Army .44 that's been handed down through the family. He carried a pair of them but the pair was split by my grandfather with one going to my dad and one going to my uncle.
My dad passed when I was 7 years old and I always wanted to get the other from my uncle since I was the only male heir in the family. The last time I saw my uncle before his passing he told me he was planning to give the second gun to me during our visit but their home had been broken into a few months previously and the gun had been lost during the robbery.

1861Remington1.JPG
1861Remington2.JPG

Last edited:
A little late to the party, but here's my great-grandfathers 1861 Remington Army .44 that's been handed down through the family. He carried a pair of them but the pair was split by my grandfather with one going to my dad and one going to my uncle.
My dad passed when I was 7 years old and I always wanted to get the other from my uncle since I was the only male heir in the family. The last time I saw my uncle before his passing he told me he was planning to give the second gun to me during our visit but their home had been broken into a few months previously and the gun had been lost during the robbery.

View attachment 1715157381 View attachment 1715157382
Man to bad. That is a sad story.

That's a great thing to be passed down! That's too bad abort the second gun, ugh! Love that hex barrel!

I found your missing gun!
6d06d5fa7660b43cfa9f76c9c0dc3487.jpg

Mrs. Big John has wanted one of those for a while. It fits her hand perfectly, but it's a little heavy for a piece to carry.

But... She really does like it... and her maiden name was Bond... and her brother is named James...
Has the former Ms. Bond tried the old 32auto version of the PPK as opposed to the newer 380? I'm not sure there is a weight difference, but the 32 is pretty light, may be lighter. And check ppk vs ppk-s pretty sure there's a weight difference

Has the former Ms. Bond tried the old 32auto version of the PPK as opposed to the newer 380? I'm not sure there is a weight difference, but the 32 is pretty light, may be lighter. And check ppk vs ppk-s pretty sure there's a weight difference
She was looking at the .380. The PPK is about an ounce and a half less than the PPK/S, but it's still over twice as heavy as her Ruger LCP. She really liked how it felt in her hand though and she likes to shoot the heavier guns although she also likes anything she carries to be lightweight so light always wins. Her first gun was a magnesium .38 Special Taurus revolver.

-
Back