Snowmobiling blues...

-
Well your welding skills aren't that great you should still be able to whip out some subframe connectors without a problem.
yet another one in my threads that's probably been lost in the archives that should be a sticky probably one of at least a dozen. Yes I already did that a long time ago. A full thread on every detail of it and that's why I laugh at people who pay hundreds of dollars for a straight piece of Steel they end up having to weld in there anyways.

I am so sorry and I humbly ask your forgiveness. Did not realize that for a bodies only would need a snowmobile rack sticky.

What an interesting concept though.
I think I will start a sticky 4 how to forge horseshoes that have Mopar stamped into.
Then you and I can start a company to build subframe connectors for the a bodies only.
It's 63 degrees out here. What a beautiful day talk to you later Keep On Keepin On bye

I am so sorry and I humbly ask your forgiveness. Did not realize that for a bodies only would need a snowmobile rack sticky.

I think I will start a sticky 4 how to forge horseshoes that have Mopar stamped into.
Then you and I can start a company to build subframe connectors for the a bodies only.
It's 63 degrees out here. What a beautiful day talk to you later Keep On Keepin On bye
Forgiveness?? For what?
You're the one throwing frame connectors in my sled deck build.
We're cool.
Also I wasn't trying to suggest a sled deck sticky.

Forgiveness?? For what?
You're the one throwing frame connectors in my sled deck build.
We're cool.
Also I wasn't trying to suggest a sled deck sticky.
I was just asking for forgiveness for throwing a wrench into your snowmobile deck sticky and it's gratuitousness. And the epitome thereof.

Harbor Freight don't fail me now! LOL...
IMG_20181023_102032.jpg

That's at least 6 sets of frame connector laying on the floor being wasted on a snowmoble.

Now I got to get gusset crazy. I want to 45° brace out side of the inner box. I'd like to keep that open area underneath the deck.

Sticky for snowmobile Rack? What the heck are you talking about? Anyways speaking of which I used leftover subframe connector material for 45 degree gussets. Also some leftover roll bar.
IMG_20181024_193339.jpg
IMG_20181024_193308.jpg
I still have a lot more aggressive thing to do though and I have to finish designing the dog down tomorrow first thing.

I like it a lot.

When we were in Cochrane a bunch of guys, plumbers or pipe fitters, had there work pick up with a heavy ladder rack, 8 ft platform on top of that for two, huge long ramp and one in the box, a double trailer with two on the bumper.

Anything to get on that snow.

I ran out of material and I'll probably have to wait some time before I can afford one more stick to finish the tail end on a dove tail. Anyways I need more pieces for the ramp also so I got everything pretty much as gusseted as I want to. So now in my spare time before I make some more money and have some more steel to finish the tail I'll probably try to get as much welding and grinding done as I can.
IMG_20181027_154613.jpg

Since that image was just kind of a quick sketch, I went back and cleaned it up. I also noticed in one of your pics that your sled was green, so...

38A3E2BD-E63B-428B-B452-2A2732309745.jpeg

Since that image was just kind of a quick sketch, I went back and cleaned it up. I also noticed in one of your pics that your sled was green, so...

View attachment 1715242393
I've been out here welding everyday on this contraption damn it! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm on it as we speak. Also taking this picture I noticed a couple welds I need to touch up. Well actually I need to grab the grinder and the paint before Cope sees any of this LOL..
IMG_20181030_150036.jpg

I think your being too hard on yourself, my licensed auto mechanic son welds often but not as well as I do, he'd say that himself.

He says it might not be pretty but it won't break. None of his stuff has ever broken.

Got more steel and welding wire. Put aside the next couple of days. I'm hoping for a positive push on this project...

Okay I can't play around on this anymore I've need my phone for music so I can work on the this thing.
till later...:thumbsup:

No where near what I wanted to complete today, but what I did do counted.
Tomorrow's goals are to finish all the underbelly welding and grind and weld the nuts to catch the screws for the plywood.
IMG_20181111_165941.jpg
IMG_20181111_165556.jpg
IMG_20181111_165620.jpg

I'm still wanting to build the ramp to slide in to the upper C channel. I can use the tailgate to secure the loading ram in when not in use and slid it over and on the dove tail to make the ramp easier to deploy and store away.

No where near what I wanted to complete today, but what I did do counted.
Tomorrow's goals are to finish all the underbelly welding and grind and weld the nuts to catch the screws for the plywood
I know this is for snowmobiles and I have to disagree with anything that has to do with snow. But rather than welding nuts on to screw into with your plywood why don't you use the deck screws like they use on a flatbed trailer. You can get them at Home Depot or Menards or any of those places. You just screw right through the wood into the frame they are self tappers and they drill their own hole.

I know this is for snowmobiles and I have to disagree with anything that has to do with snow. But rather than welding nuts on to screw into with your plywood why don't you use the deck screws like they use on a flatbed trailer. You can get them at Home Depot or Menards or any of those places. You just screw right through the wood into the frame they are self tappers and they drill their own hole.
Actually my uncle was suggesting the same thing but I want a more limited amount of a stronger bolts holding it down so I can quickly and easily remove it to make it lighter for full removal and if I want to just pop those off and keep them dry inside when not in use.

-
Back