Snowmobiling blues...

-
You have a good wife that makes you good cookies.
Does she know that you destroyed about 10 sets of frame connectors to build that monstrosity?

1x2 for ramps works well.
If you dont have room and need to go flat,weld two 1x1’s together. Stronger than 1x2 as you double the vertical walls.
Makes it more ridgid.

It was barely 50° today and I was painting almost til dark so I'm just waiting until tomorrow to put the decking on.

I think you need a different hobby than following j par around...:poke:

:lol:
I agree but you have to understand Jpar is my inspiration to do crazy things. Things out of the ordinary like using my welder. his building this deck inspires me to dig out my welder and go to welding on a set of frame connectors.
But we have 4 inches or more snow here at the moment, it is still snowing, it's supposed to tomorrow too. And he loves snow and at the same time I hate snow.
His energy amazes me and inspires me he has a good sense of humor too when he's on his meds anyway.( chocolate chip cookies)
Between jpar an 318will run I am being inspired to put my dart or duster back together and go racing agin.
Red X's help to bring him back from the galaxy far far away that he sometimes gets lost in.
I'm just trying to help him stay focused on his projects in the end. And to help him to ground himself in his Cosmic thoughts. You have to admit he does come up with some different points of view on things from time to time.

I think you need a different hobby than following j par around...:poke:

What hobby do you recommend . lol we are talking about snowmobiles on a car forum.
may I ask, where do you ride snowmobiles in Philly. The turnpike ?

What hobby do you recommend . lol we are talking about snowmobiles on a car forum.
Nope, we drive over them in our SUVs.

Sometimes we call them “wheel chocks”.

I agree but you have to understand Jpar is my inspiration to do crazy things. Things out of the ordinary like using my welder. his building this deck inspires me to dig out my welder and go to welding on a set of frame connectors.
But we have 4 inches or more snow here at the moment, it is still snowing, it's supposed to tomorrow too. And he loves snow and at the same time I hate snow.
His energy amazes me and inspires me he has a good sense of humor too when he's on his meds anyway.( chocolate chip cookies)
Between jpar an 318will run I am being inspired to put my dart or duster back together and go racing agin.
Red X's help to bring him back from the galaxy far far away that he sometimes gets lost in.
I'm just trying to help him stay focused on his projects in the end. And to help him to ground himself in his Cosmic thoughts. You have to admit he does come up with some different points of view on things from time to time.
Before you get too crazy with the frame connectors let me take some pictures of mine if you start a thread. I thought my knowing in pretty easy and simple without a lot of hassle.

Talking about snowmobiles on and off season of the car forum is got to be a lot better some than some of the stuff these guys argue about politically on a car forum?

Yes sir, I believe in keeping it fun and not too serious. let's leave the serious part to everyday life.

Getting closer...
IMG_20181116_143405.jpg
IMG_20181116_143039.jpg
IMG_20181116_143028.jpg

It was nice walking around on the deck finally.

Last edited:
That would be great at the drag strip with a couple lawn chairs up on it put your grill and cooler up there have a great line of site for watching the races.

Without a headboard on that you're going to stuff as ski right through your back window.
IMG_20181116_143039.jpg
:thumbsup:

IMG_20181116_143039.jpg

What are you going to seal the plywood with to make it weather proof? Is it exterior grade marine plywood?

Used oil and varsol. Apply it like stain. Sheds water.
I will last 3-4 years with no treatment.
Never use treated plywood, it has no structural integrity.

Oh, find some expanded metal for the front window guard.
First time you load sled with over-exuberance you will thank me.
Its not uncommon to get a little air as you load sled.
I have never loaded onto a deck, but lots onto trailers. Yup,i could see a ski tapping a back window.
Ah,you wanted a slider anyway, right?

T-bars that lock skis down with t-bolts work well,anchoring skis to deck frame.

What are you going to seal the plywood with to make it weather proof? Is it exterior grade marine plywood?
I'm not sure exactly if I was going to treat it at all. I've got five 9/16 bolts on each one that come out quick. I was just kind of thinking about storing the plywood inside most of the time when not in use. I was probably going to need to take it off anyways so the deck would be light enough to handle.

Everybody is seeing that little mini headache rack to catch the inside ski? And I do have a club cab truck there's no way that that ski could ever reach me without the headache rack.

Everybody is seeing that little mini headache rack to catch the inside ski? And I do have a club cab truck there's no way that that ski could ever reach me without the headache rack.
1810_1600.jpeg

Those plastic skis don't stick out that far.

-
Back