So, is this "Mr. Bullsh##" or not?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The "gems" as I see it LOL

Condition (blank above): Not running, but not far off for a competent mechanic

This is not your typical A-body Mopar. This car is a collection of expensive or hard-to-find parts:

The heavy duty 3-speed manual trans isn't 'rare' in that it's a sought-after part, but it's insanely tough

he rear axle however, is rare. It's a factory race car 8¾ axle from a 69 Dart GT with the large lug bolt pattern from the factory - all 'normal' 8 ¾ axles had the 'small' lug pattern.

you can drop in a Magnum 360 short block from Spalding and this thing is a beast. It was built for high-speed freeway running. Was clocked in Marietta, Ga at 146mph in a 55 zone with the 2.94 gears... Don't ask.

In 1998, this thing would hand new Cobras their shiny *** on a platter, and out drive German imports on windy roads

First picture is several years old, but shows the car well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

74 Dart Sport / 71 Demon Clone project!

74 Dart Sport / 71 Demon Clone project! - $3500 (Athol, ID)

Selling my 71 Demon clone project car (except the brake panel). Part it out for your project, or use it as a great starting point. I need parts for my 48 jeep so I'm letting my Mopar go.

Condition (blank above): Not running, but not far off for a competent mechanic.

This is not your typical A-body Mopar. This car is a collection of expensive or hard-to-find parts:

- The heavy duty 3-speed manual trans isn't 'rare' in that it's a sought-after part, but it's insanely tough. When buying this car new, most people just upgraded from the light-duty 3-speed to the four-speed or automatic trans and skipped the HD 3-speed altogether. This trans easily handles hard-core abuse - like downshifting to 2nd at 70 getting off the freeway and ripping the tires loose.

- The rear axle however, is rare. It's a factory race car 8¾ axle from a 69 Dart GT with the large lug bolt pattern from the factory - all 'normal' 8 ¾ axles had the 'small' lug pattern. The only way to get a tougher A-body axle is to have one custom made. Similarly, the 489 third-member casting is the best Chrysler used in these axles, and it comes with a complete spare 941 casting third member.

- The Demon sheet metal on the front is hard to find good used at a good price. The aftermarket cost for the front end on this car is over $2500 and not all of it is available new (like the grille and fender extensions)

THE DETAILS:

**Branded/rebuilt title**

complete 71 Demon front end. All in very good condition except valence, which needs work:
*fenders
*fender extensions
*grille with headlight bezels (small chip in the grille, but repairable)
*hood (drilled for locking hood pins - someone tried to steal the carb)
*bumper
*valence panel

318 motor, one bad cylinder (oil rings) - numerous good parts
*Edelbrock Air Gap intake
*360 heads, 72cc chambers, casting numbers on request
*Summit Racing cam and lifters, good condition, matched to Air Gap intake
*Mickey Thompson valve covers
*solid engine mounts to keep headers safe
*no carb, no starter (I'll include the Edelbrock 750 Thunder AVS if you trade a 390- 600 CFM 4 barrel carb - it's on the jeep right now)

Manual Trans
*New Process A230 Extreme duty 3 speed
*always run synthetic gear oil
*speedo gears for both 3.23 and 2.94 rear end gears using 255/60r15 rear tires

Heavy Duty front suspension
*11" HD vented disc brakes
*SB V8 torsion bars
*5 on 4.5 bolt pattern hubs
*manual steering

Chrysler 8¾ axle
*1969 Dart GT axle with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern
*489 casting third member with 3.23 Sure Grip
*941 casting third member with 2.94 economy gears, open diff (installed)
*heavy duty 10" drum brakes
*good bearings, always run with synthetic gear oil

1974 "Space Duster" style body with fold down back seat & mahogany door panels: (branded title)
*body work 90% complete
*custom engineered ladder bar setup
*crap bucket seats included in working order, driver's side bolted in
*1974 Charger bucket seats in restorable condition (repairable frames, questionable foam, trashed upholstery)\
*Chrome rear bumper in straight, good condition (front is too, but listed above in the Demon front end)

Set of Cragar "Slot" mag rims 5 on 4.5 (possibly clones, can't tell)
*2 ea 14x7
*2 ea 15x8

$3500 cash
The price is based on the value of the parts the car has, not what any expert says the car is worth as a driver. The smartest way to build your own Demon clone is to pick up a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport with a clear title (can be as low as $500) and use this as a parts donor.

That said, you can drop in a Magnum 360 short block from Spalding and this thing is a beast. It was built for high-speed freeway running. Was clocked in Marietta, Ga at 146mph in a 55 zone with the 2.94 gears... Don't ask.

How you build your Demon clone is up to you. In 1998, this thing would hand new Cobras their shiny *** on a platter, and out drive German imports on windy roads (here's looking at YOU North Lamar Blvd and Lime Creek Road in Austin Tx).

She needs a new home and I need to get my CJ2A back on the road.

Please contact by text or email - I'm probably under the jeep, covered in grease and not going to answer a call.

Thanks,
Les

First picture is several years old, but shows the car well. All other pictures are recent.

00303_6MTSEcqejKx_600x450.jpg

6169530962.html

I just want to know what that drivers side front marker light is off of.

I just can't see a 318 hitting 146 with an A230. Outshifting second at 94 mph/5500 and getting into direct at 3333, how is that teener ever gonna come out of that hole? Even if it was in tip-top condition,and running hi-compression, it wouldn't have much more than 230 hp at 3316 . And now it has to push that brick front end up to 146?
I wanna see the ticket he got,lol, or
I call bs
And if that is bs, what else is? or is it all bs.
Starting with the custom-engineered ladder bars, that allow the rear end to break loose at 70 mph(4074rpm),with 255/65-15s
And out-drive German imports on windy roads with SB V8 T-bars, 14x7s and 15x8s. C'mon the bigest SB Bars were .920s. Those are ridiculous marshmallows. And the biggest front tires that will fit on those 14x7s are 235s.
So Ima thinking 1998 was a different world

Last edited:
*no carb, no starter (I'll include the Edelbrock 750 Thunder AVS if you trade a 390- 600 CFM 4 barrel carb - it's on the jeep right now)

My favorite line........

Jake

This is my favorite line... "...pick up a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport with a clear title (can be as low as $500)..."
If I were going to sell a car like that, first thing I would do is take all the **** out of it and put it aside. take a pic of the empty car then the pile of crap that will go with it. No one wants to buy a car full of trash.

Ahhh, the famous 1/1 "factory race 8 3/4", so rare they didn't have enough for the factory built race cars, only one 69 Dart GT got one, all others got the inferior Dana!! Oy Vey!!!!

I'd be more worried about termite infestation behind the plywood door panels...

I like the "no starter" bit. I'm going to remember that.

"suuuuure, runs fine! Just stab a starter in there and you're golden![did you bring cash?]"

-
Back