So long, Tony Stewart

-
http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708
After further review look at the kid as he realizes stewart is coming straight at him,his right leg is extended as he is trying to get out of his way and stewart punches the gas which shortens the kids time to move.My whole thought has changed after watching it closely.IMO stewart came up the track had him in his sights and was trying to "punk" him and as the kid starts to jump out of the way stewart trys to get one last (in your face) action that ended with one dead.Also watch as the two are entering turn 2 stewart turns his wheels to the right to squeeze the kid into the marble so he wouldn't pass him and the kid turns up as well trying to not hit stewart and ends up in the wall.People have gone to prison with a lot less intent than that.Let him burn.

moe7404...
i've made many more friends cruising around in my 68 cuda and during my 8 years of working part-time in the plumbing dept of my local home depot that in 25 years of being a lawyer. i never talk about "that part of my life" in front of strangers. lots of people don't believe being a lawyer is like having a real job (well it really isn't but i won't go into that here) and are quick to "pre-judge" all lawyers. sometimes people can be just "so hurtful" and "just won't give us a chance at being a nice person" before they launch into their "i hate all lawyers because ..."

yea... all of this is just crap ... so... why did the researcher switch from using rats in his experiments to using live lawyers? the researcher found that he was growing too fond of the rats ...

hey jim we don't hate all lawyers you bastards just charge way to much for what you do .

In a drivers meeting , i do not think they tell you to get out of the car when you get pissed off, and run down the track at uncoming cars .Totally wrong , look for big time rule changes here i would say , suspentions ect.Thoughts and Prayers to this boys family , and to Tony Stewart.

If you watch the video carefully, Stewart's car does not swerve to hit Ward;
it swerves because it hit Ward. As soon as the RR tire makes contact, the car
reacts by pulling to the right.

Am I a NASCAR fan? YES
Am I a Stewart fan? NOT REALLY
Does Stewart wear his emotions on his sleeve? YES
Is he an idiot? NO
Would he purposely him someone with his race car? ARE YOU SERIOUS! He is a professional
Should a driver go out onto the middle of the track to show displeasure? NO
Was Ward thinking about what he was doing? NO
Is this Stewart's fault? PROBABLY NOT
Is this Ward's fault? PROBABLY
Is there a problem with racing's rule books? DEFINITELY
Should there be a harsh penalty for anyone going onto the track surface during a race without clearance? ABSOLUTELY

The statement that Stewart "swerved at Ward" is wholly incorrect. The car maintained a
straight course until it actually hit Ward with it's large right rear tire which pulled the front
end hard to the right after which Stewart stopped. Watch the video frame-by-frame.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwHtuWmn2s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwHtuWmn2s[/ame]

Witnesses also reported that Stewart was closely following another car which, when Ward
approached their path, jinked abruptly out of the way to miss Ward but in doing so exposed
him suddenly to Stewart. Again watching the frame-by-frame, watch Ward's legs move in
reaction the very moment before the impact when he realizes that he is too close.

The car in between blocked Stewart's view of Ward and Ward's view of Stewart's position
which was a couple of feet to the right of the other car. When the first car moved out of the
way, it was much too late for either party to correct in time. Note that when racing on an oval
the view of the driver in the turns in normally largely out of the left side of the car, not straight
ahead or especially not to the right.

Watch, briefly, a clip of driving a sprint car from inside of the car, this will show you what it's
really like (especially see the last 20 seconds - racing at night)

Video is from HemiDenny's nephew Travis Philo.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUbbuIJNkQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUbbuIJNkQ[/ame]

X2. Every single point valid and I believe correct.

Too many armchair quarterbacks on this.

It was a terrible and unfortunate accident caused by Ward.

Nothing more.

NEVER leave your car and walk out on the track. I also don't recommend walking through a field full of cattle as they are running.

Think about this those that blame ward.If stewart hadn't hit the gas would ward still be alive, probably. Broken leg, concussion torn ligaments all possible.With all the you never do this or that the underlying fact is had stewart rolled past ward would be alive.also that car in front of stewart was far enough ahead to give a clear view, when round track racing everything slows down.BTW looks like the entire field went around two laps so thats more than enough time to get low on the track plus they have radios in their helmets.theres no reason the drivers wouldn't know he was on the track.BTW I'm not trying to condemn or justify anyone just calling it the way I see it.

Think about this those that blame ward.If stewart hadn't hit the gas would ward still be alive, probably. Broken leg, concussion torn ligaments all possible.With all the you never do this or that the underlying fact is had stewart rolled past ward would be alive.also that car in front of stewart was far enough ahead to give a clear view, when round track racing everything slows down.BTW looks like the entire field went around two laps so thats more than enough time to get low on the track plus they have radios in their helmets.theres no reason the drivers wouldn't know he was on the track.BTW I'm not trying to condemn or justify anyone just calling it the way I see it.

NOPE,

Don't enter an active race track and he'd still be alive. His actions caused his demise.

Stand at the cushion, flip him off, give him an italian salute, fire a fricken RPG at him... He chose to do the dumbest thing short of throwing himself in front of a car, but was darn close. The orange car went by and he was up in the top lane, he charges down another lane or lane and a half into the path of the blue car that take evasive action. He has to step back, then makes another step or two further down the track. Dumb and dumber called and want a third for the next movie, DUMBEST.

Stay off the racing surface and he's alive today. PERIOD!!!!

It's really that simple.

5 sec.
32 sec.
54 sec.
149 sec.
158 sec.
All show people on the track after a wreck some as the car is still settling with the cars still moving on the track.Non were killed non deserved to die for it.like I said you have to know these cars to understand why people do what they do in a race and the best thing to do is get away from the car as quick as possible,thats why the workers are out there so fast to make sure the drive can get out and isn't pinned in with possible fire situation.The internet is a wonderful thing educate yourself.He dies because he was run over.think about this how many times do or did nascar drivers get out throw a helmet,flip off or go to the car and point and scream at the drive after a wreck while still on the track plenty but how many times did the drive punch the gas while the guy was in front of him trying to get out of the way????there is three side to every story,the way half the people see it and the way the other half see it but there is also the third side and that side is the truth.so not everyone is going to agree on everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
A wise person doesn't put themselves in harms way...

Take the fight to the garage after the race if you still feel that it's necessary....

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKoSIHe3O98 5 sec. 32 sec. 54 sec. 149 sec. 158 sec. All show people on the track after a wreck some as the car is still settling with the cars still moving on the track.Non were killed non deserved to die for it.like I said you have to know these cars to understand why people do what they do in a race and the best thing to do is get away from the car as quick as possible,thats why the workers are out there so fast to make sure the drive can get out and isn't pinned in with possible fire situation.The internet is a wonderful thing educate yourself.He dies because he was run over.think about this how many times do or did nascar drivers get out throw a helmet,flip off or go to the car and point and scream at the drive after a wreck while still on the track plenty but how many times did the drive punch the gas while the guy was in front of him trying to get out of the way????there is three side to every story,the way half the people see it and the way the other half see it but there is also the third side and that side is the truth.so not everyone is going to agree on everything.
the drivers also don't walk half way down the track in to traffic. NASCAR sprint/nationwide series tracks are a hell of lot bigger/wider than the dinky dirt tracks. Therefore they have the room to safely or as safely as possible to exit the cars. They also don't exit the car while it's on the track until safety crews arrive. Except for the obvious hot head situations. I've yet to ever go to a dirt track where the drivers exit the car after a wreck unless it's on fire. The driver always stays in the car while it's on the track as they are far safer in the car than out of it. Before you begin trying to argue the point I urge you to look at it from a common sense stand point. How would the human body be safer? Being hit by the car while standing on the track or remaining restrained in the seat of the car and the car being hit? I don't know about you, but common sense dictates to me that my *** is safer remaining in seated in the car with the safety equipment on until the tow truck gets there. I think you should go educate yourself before telling others to do so.

Attachments

• image-3825848212.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 277
the drivers also don't walk half way down the track in to traffic. NASCAR sprint/nationwide series tracks are a hell of lot bigger/wider than the dinky dirt tracks. Therefore they have the room to safely or as safely as possible to exit the cars. I've yet to ever go to a dirt track where the drivers exit the car after a wreck unless it's on fire. The driver always stays in the car while it's on the track as they are far safer in the car than out of it. I think you should go educate yourself before telling others to do so.

No ****. Safety workers attending to a car vs a guy going into the traffic to show his displeasure. What color are all those safety workers wearing. Mostly White and YELLOW... not BLACK.

How many of those were red flagged as well.

Car on fire and you run away and not into traffic lanes. He wasn't on fire and that is a MOOT POINT. Could have gone to the place he just bounced off of to be out of harms way... NOPE.

This kid made the NUMBER ONE error that anyone that has raced knows better than to do. What makes it worse is he's been racing for 14+ years. If any of those helmet throwing flipping off nascar guys ran down into an active lane on a race track to do such, i'd say the exact same thing if they were injured or killed!

Lots of never strapped in monday morning qb's. After :26 of the video I saw, the kid was dead in the wrong regarding his actions. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Latest is NO FACT OR BEHAVIOR to warrant a criminal investigation at this point.

Night racing, dirt track, driver gets out of his car wearing a black suit, and walks down a slippery track into traffic for a confrontation. Recipe for a very BAD outcome. Lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda here to pass out to both drivers.
FACT: Ward is dead. FACT: Stewart has to live with that.

First I'm not arguing but stating facts that are right there.
Second I agree he should NOT have went towards the cars that's simple.
The clip I posted shows how the drivers expect people to be on the track after a wreck and they all stay away not run high where the workers MIGHT be.
Third I don't think stewart did it on purpose but he DID play the biggest part of the death.
Fourth like I said I haven't race these cars but I have raced a smaller version which DOES equate close to pounds per HP or did at the time and all these type cars react the same.If you have never raced open wheel dirt track cars then you have zero idea what its like because nothing is like it,just saying.
Also it was under caution which means drive cautiously and the field had already went around one time it was the second lap that it happened its not like he ran out under green.
Everyone seems to be stuck on the fact he was out of the car but to me that isn't the disturbing part,thats just a routine thing,what bothers me the most is the fact that stewart stayed high and punched the gas with ward in front of him.Not sure if these cars are direct drive or clutched(haven't watched in awhile) but if he wanted to "get wards attention" why not clutch it rev the engine and scare him but he chose to (his own free will) go a step further so that's the deciding factor for me and others.IMO if stewart wasn't such a jerk he wouldn't feel the need to put ward in his place which to stewart seems to be beneath HIM.For the life of me I cant seem to understand why a few wants stewart to not have to be held accountable for his actions.The field was only going probably 20 mph and ward was only in harms way from stewart all the other cars even the blue one was low enough to pass with out a problem.

Someone posted the obvious a page or two back. With a larger diameter tire on the passenger side, what happens when you break the tires loose. Put 2 and 2 together. The track is banked. With that being said, I'll save you the headache of research ad tell you the answer. When you spin the tires on an enablement, the back of the car will go down the track as can be seen in the video. Had tony not done that the results would unfortunately be the same. As stars above, ward would still be dead. Had you watched the video closer, you would also know the the blue car also almost hit ward. He did not clear him with room to spare as you implied. Yes, the track was under caution. Tony was going no faster than any of the cars in front of him. As reported there are no facts or evidence that say criminal charges should be filed against tony. That renders the opinion of "tony should be held accountable" invalid.

Better watch the video and take a close look at the one car that goes very high around 29 second mark. The blue car pinched down to avoid the knucklehead after he came down another complete lane, he had to step back.

The dumbass was just fine up to the point he walked around the rear of his car and into traffic. Bad **** potentially happens when you make that horrible choice.

Any other facts you need?

You may believe what you wish, you clearly don't know much about the cars with the driveline statement. Yep, i need the education...

There is no communication in these cars, no spotters, etc.

99% of this issues lays at the feet of the deceased. Go to the local hangout of the crips and in your favorite racist white voice, call them a bunch of dirty "n's". If you get your *** beat, I'm sure you would blame them because they are too sensitive. Not that you decided to put yourself in a rotten and potentially deadly situation.

Maybe take a chance at crossing the interstate on foot. How much love do you think the PD will give you when someone tags you.

Anyone see a new rule coming out of NASCAR that says the drivers aren't allowed to race "amateurs" or any exhibition races?

having driver a sprint car do you know they have no transmission, no clutch ,and if you drive to slow they stall, and all the loose mud gets thrown to the outside of the track ,its like driving on loose gravel on a paved road ,also your taught to never follow someone always stay left on right so you can see whats coming ahead , and you never, never, get out until all traffic is directed to the inside by the flag man unless your cars on fire , I 'm not defending tony steward but its very easy to have your engine throttle up when your in that loose mud at the top of the track . just someone that's been there done that for half a season.

Anyone see a new rule coming out of NASCAR that says the drivers aren't allowed to race "amateurs" or any exhibition races?
there are already some team owners that stipulate that in the drivers contracts. I may be wrong, but it seems like rock Hendricks limits his drivers to nationwide or truck series for extra curricular racing. Wether or not they will make it a rule is hard to say.

Here's another fact for you. I think someone said this was the second time by for the cars.

The track is 1/2 mile. Accident at 10 seconds, he was struck at 35. That would be two laps at 12.5 seconds or about ~140mph. How likely, not very with a caution out. For that lap to be a single lap at 25 seconds, the AVG speed would be ~72 MPH which is MUCH more likely.

No criminal action was found. That should end it.

Been around dirt racing for awhile. You cannot legislate stoopid and what you end up doing is pissing a lot people for no good reason...

Forget rules...lets try common sense..

-
Back