So long, Tony Stewart

-
Anyone see a new rule coming out of NASCAR that says the drivers aren't allowed to race "amateurs" or any exhibition races?

I really don't see that coming but I've been wrong more than once about things. I do see a rule coming about getting out of the car and confronting some one on track. A friend in South Dakota that crews on a dirt car sent me a link about what the safety guy at their track said.I will try to post it up later.

Only person that knows for sure what happened is Tony Stewart and he will live with that for the rest of his life. God help him IF he did anything intentionally.

There's nothing to say Tony was even looking forward,, he coulda been lookin at his guages,, the pits, adjusting his belt,, under caution, all you EXPECT to be aware of is the car ahead, and not run into it,, not be looking for pedestrians darting into traffic..

Racehub interviewed lawyer dude,, asked about exemption from injuries because of the nature of the sport,, the dude states Ward's "expected injuries" don't include get hit by a car,,, but doesn't mention the same thing applies to Tony "not expecting" pedestrians..

jmo

there are already some team owners that stipulate that in the drivers contracts. I may be wrong, but it seems like rock Hendricks limits his drivers to nationwide or truck series for extra curricular racing. Wether or not they will make it a rule is hard to say.

Not much different than ball sports contracts limiting things like pick up basketball or riding motorcycles, etc in contracts. I'm just wondering if NASCAR will be limiting the drivers to just the "ranks" like Nationwide or Truck.

It's just a question and like all questions of the nature are open to speculation.

Only person that knows for sure what happened is Tony Stewart and he will live with that for the rest of his life. God help him IF he did anything intentionally.

Or not intentionally. Even accidental he'll be living with it for the rest of his life. I can't image the nightmares he'll be having.

I think they should make a rule and actually enforce it that the drivers can NOT get out of there car, the problem goes back to that, they see the big guys doing it and throwing helmets so they want to do it to when ever they can.

Last time I checked nobody has ever been prosecuted for hitting someone who was walking, running or playing in the lanes on a freeway........ The idea of this would never stick. The boy got out of the car and ran onto the track, he assumed all risk & responsibility when he did so, no if ands or butts about it. Sad but he is dead because of his choice to do so.

Anyone see a new rule coming out of NASCAR that says the drivers aren't allowed to race "amateurs" or any exhibition races?
Nope. These guys are not employed by NASCAR, and NASCAR has no say about what types of legal extracurricular activities they participate in. Could a driver's contract with his employer, a race team, state "no racing outside of NASCAR", or similar? I think it could, but I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing.

his mega million dollar lawyers will bail him out either way

but to me it looks accidental and i have never had a problem with Stewart, but i stopped watching NASCRAP years ago

Someone posted the obvious a page or two back. With a larger diameter tire on the passenger side, what happens when you break the tires loose. Put 2 and 2 together. The track is banked. With that being said, I'll save you the headache of research ad tell you the answer. When you spin the tires on an enablement, the back of the car will go down the track as can be seen in the video. Had tony not done that the results would unfortunately be the same. As stars above, ward would still be dead. Had you watched the video closer, you would also know the the blue car also almost hit ward. He did not clear him with room to spare as you implied. Yes, the track was under caution. Tony was going no faster than any of the cars in front of him. As reported there are no facts or evidence that say criminal charges should be filed against tony. That renders the opinion of "tony should be held accountable" invalid.

Overly opinionated and under educated.Stick to keeping your post count up your good at it.

I would hate to see any rules that regulated a driver from doing what they enjoy.Really how many deaths over the last 10 years have been in this class.Probably not many and on top of that how many involved nasal drivers, I would say one.

Anytime you get in a race car,there is a chance you may get hurt or die. The sanctioning body preps cars ,drivers ,& rules for a reason: keep you alive. Stepping in a prepped race car,is a calculated risk (for survival). Step outside those rules,who knows the outcome?

Lets say roles were reversed and Ward ran over Stewart, I bet the kid would be facing criminal charges. Bad deal for sure. I would say the kid felt honored to race against Tony and this tragedy happens, really sad.

Nope. These guys are not employed by NASCAR, and NASCAR has no say about what types of legal extracurricular activities they participate in. Could a driver's contract with his employer, a race team, state "no racing outside of NASCAR", or similar? I think it could, but I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing.

There are many sports related contracts out there that limit outside activities. No motorcycles, no sky diving, etc. Depends on the sport and the investment ($$$$$$$$$$) of the employer and other investors (sponsors).

This is the way I see it. Like it or not, but I'm trying to be objective here. I am NOT a follower of Tony Stewart or Nascar. Was Ward's car leaking gas? No, looks as though the only thing that leaked was the air out of a tire. So, why did Ward get out of the car then? Well, to confront Tony Stewart obviously. Which he did by moving AWAY from his car and down into traffic. And what happens when you "play" in traffic? You stand a very big chance of getting hurt, or killed. Ward got killed this time unfortunately. So I have to question. How many times did Ward pull the exact same stunt? The stunt of getting out of his car to confront another driver over a conceived intentional wreck? Which brings up another question. Was Ward trying to "prove" something? Like he wasn't going to take any crap from Tony Stewart? You know, who in the hell is Tony Stewart anyway? Would he have done the same thing if it involved a local driver? Just thoughts.

I definitely don't keep up with Nascar, or dirt track racing, or anything that pertains to it but if this had involved ANYBODY other than a big name Nascar driver would we be here arguing over it? Or even know the accident happened? Probably not.

I definitely don't keep up with Nascar, or dirt track racing, or anything that pertains to it but if this had involved ANYBODY other than a big name Nascar driver would we be here arguing over it? Or even know the accident happened? Probably not.

Yep, It might have been on the local news. Definitely not the national coverage it's received.

His marketability is ................. OVER.

The loss of sponsors, the lack of future endorsements, and ever-lasting bad publicity will 'destroy' him.

On Madison Avenue ......... he's now POISON.

I don't believe any of that for one second.

-
Back