So long, Tony Stewart

-
When your young, most act before thinking and believe they are going to live forever. Young guns get away with stupid **** all the time so it reinforces that thought process... Die??? What the heck is that??? Unfortunately this time he paid with his life to make a point. Sad but true, he should have never got out of his car until the safety crew was on scene to make sure it was safe to do so. If it was a wreck where the car was leaking fuel or on fire would be the ONLY reason to leave the drivers seat before the safety crew was on scene. That is a fact!

anyone have any thoughts on the number of the car the kid was driving ?

Yeah. There's already enough division and BS about this incident, throwing superstition into the mix won't help one darn bit.

Let's just try dealing with what we know, happened, and leave the extraordinary out of it. OK?

Maybe Tony fell asleep
I know when I watch NASCAR it puts me to sleep
Golf and Soccer too

:burnout:

Walking on a track while a race is on...absolutely nutz.... not surprised he was hit..

My frind this year swerved off a MX track because an arse hole photographer was standing in his line..really hurt his arm...

buddy should have know better...arguments are for after a race...not during..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8Jyuryc_s"][HD] Tony Stewart Throws Helmet At Matt Kenseth - Bristol 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

yeah...dont go out there and throw your helmet at anyone...LOL

We can all speculate all we want, but the bottom line is a man is dead, a family is suffering right now.

Tony Stewart is a special kinda @$$ IMO, I don't like him either, but with that said I'm quite sure he is just sick about all of this as well.

Ain't the first time either.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK18RRyhC6Q"]Tony Stewart runs over crew guy! - YouTube[/ame]

Not a big Tony fan, but I did watch that video many times and frame by frame. Tony wasn't going any faster than the other cars, basically their caution speed. I know these cars are set up staggered and will naturally turn left especially with the locked rear axles. Whenever you watch these cars race, they turn left and kick the rear out to the right as soon as they let off the throttle. In the last few frames of the video the guy looks extremely close to the right front Stewarts car and is still taking a step towards him. If Stewart took his foot off the accelerator the rear would have naturally gone right and slammed that guy broadside. Those cars are wider in the rear than the front so if the guy was right up at the side of Stewarts front tire, the rear would have caught him even if Stewart just drove straight. And all this is happening on a dirt track. To get the rear of the car to kick to the left (away from the other guy) would have to be an intentional move and "blipping" throttle would be required, and that would seem like an intent to avoid contact. That's what looks and sounds like happened. So all those reports of Stewart "intentionally fishtailing into" the other guy don't seem very accurate to me. It was an unnecessary tragedy that could defiantely have been avoided by one person (Kevin Ward jr) and MAYBE by another (Stewart). But those are just my thoughts on the subject. Bottom line is someone lost their life in this incident and it's a loss for many.

Do the WoO cars still only run one front brake? If so...wouldn't hitting the brakes ALSO kick the back end out to the right?

(Also: re-watching the video, it looks like a couple of other cars-notably, the blue #45--just missed him!)

I'm not a Tony fan but do respect his driving skills. This unfortunate accident was because two hot heads made poor choices in a split second. One young man is gone and one older man has to live with it. End of story.
This is one reason I don't think cup drivers should race in other series. After all should pro football players play with high school kids?

Do the WoO cars still only run one front brake? If so...wouldn't hitting the brakes ALSO kick the back end out to the right?

(Also: re-watching the video, it looks like a couple of other cars-notably, the blue #45--just missed him!)

Not sure on the current brake set up, but everything on those cars are bascially set up to turn left and kick the rear out to the right. Thats why when Tonys car kick the rear out to the left I felt like he was trying not to hit the kid. Again my opinion only because on Tony know what Tony was thinking.

I get that...but my (poorly-explained) point was: I think that he COULDN'T nail the brakes, because it would swing the back of the car out.

What's amazing now is the Lame Stream Media is running this as the lead story.Most of them wouldn't know a Sprint Car from a Taxi-Cab but can read a crash and burn story and shake their talking heads and cluck their tongues about how brutal the sport is.

What's amazing now is the Lame Stream Media is running this as the lead story.Most of them wouldn't know a Sprint Car from a Taxi-Cab but can read a crash and burn story and shake their talking heads and cluck their tongues about how brutal the sport is.

Its a "Sports" story, had it been baseball, football, volleyball, etc, still would have made the news, add a top star or player to that story and its big news.......and many sports are brutal, not just racing.....

I don't think Tony did it on purpose, but if that was me or one of you guys driving the # 14 our *** would be in jail right now. Do these guys have headsets to communicate with their team? Bad deal for sure.

I don't think Tony did it on purpose, but if that was me or one of you guys driving the # 14 our *** would be in jail right now. Do these guys have headsets to communicate with their team? Bad deal for sure.

A lot of dirt tracks have communication with the tower only to call cautions. Things happen too fast for crew communication. Not sure if this is true every where.

Mad you hit the bullseye, there's no case here, NO WAY NO HOW ANY driver should get out of the car.PERIOD adrenaline or not, the idiot didn't just get out of his car he walked DOWN into oncoming traffic and think about where the flag man was and Stewarts position on the track. I don't watch nascar and don't care too much who tony Stewart is cause i don't know him but to say his career is over is just ridiculous take off the rose colored glasses your wearing.What were WARDS intentions? ?????? Thats why he is dead.

Personal responsibility !!
Don't run out on an active race track !!
Very sad indeed for all .
My prayers for everyone involved !
It's like crossing a freeway getting hit then blaming the driver.
If he did not exit his car this could not have happened period !

moe7404...
i've made many more friends cruising around in my 68 cuda and during my 8 years of working part-time in the plumbing dept of my local home depot that in 25 years of being a lawyer. i never talk about "that part of my life" in front of strangers. lots of people don't believe being a lawyer is like having a real job (well it really isn't but i won't go into that here) and are quick to "pre-judge" all lawyers. sometimes people can be just "so hurtful" and "just won't give us a chance at being a nice person" before they launch into their "i hate all lawyers because ..."

yea... all of this is just crap ... so... why did the researcher switch from using rats in his experiments to using live lawyers? the researcher found that he was growing too fond of the rats ...

I didn't read all the post but the ones I did read didn't seem to understand the "way "these races go.First I have never raced these cars but I have and still own a smaller version(600 cc motorcycle engine )which usually turns the fastest laps then other type racecars on an 1/8 to 3/8 mile track so they are FAST and very squirrelly or twitchy and nothing like a nascar or drag car.that being said if you "goose" the throttle it wants to kick the back around to the right so it can go left.Add to that there are a ton of objects sticking out of these cars especially the wings,they are very dangerous.Also when your car is broke you always get out and wait to be hauled to the pits so he was doing what you do at any given time in a race.What I'm trying to do is lead up to the many mistakes made in a 30 second time frame.as he was being squeezed to the wall you can just let out of the gas as it causes you to push and into the wall he would go but more head on so he stayed in it as he was supposed to do.Stewart on the other hand looked like he was drifting up on purpose because the kid was taking him on the outside,fastest way around the track is low so stewart shouldn't have been that high anyways.So the kid gets out and confronts a car under a caution flag which means everyone stays low away from the wreck(not just from the drive but also debris might be on the track and as mentioned drives leave the cars in case a fire breaks out).Stewart went up the track to confront the kid yelling at him and as a warning to the kid he gooses the throttle and all those objects sticking out grabs him.The kid stayed high on the track and stewart came up to meet him.My opinion is it was racing emotion but I also think it was all on stewart from the gentlemans rules of racing.And if stewart has such low self esteem he finds it necessary to PUT a fellow racer in his place just shows he should be sued at the VERY minimum.Not a stewart fan but I also don't watch nascar any more so I have no horse in this race so to speak I'm just calling it like I see it and trying to clear up some misconceptions about these type cars.

-
Back