So much for that toyota quality..

-
Yeah the government planned to have those people killed with Toyotas UNWANTED ACCEL cases ????????

Really lets look into that shall we?

So Toyota sold 8.5 million vehicles in a 15 year period and there is a claimed 34 deaths.

So that is 34 deaths out 8.5 million equals .00004

Lets look at a Ford explorer shall we? As of 2001 there was a claimed 250 deaths out of 6 million explorers.

So that is 250 deaths out of 6 million = 4.16

So then, we learn there is a much higher chance of getting killed in a Ford Explorer then the average Toyota, lets get out the pitchforks boys!

Fool, your odds are better getting run down in the street than getting killed in a Toyota.

Fool, your odds are better getting run down in the street than getting killed in a Toyota.

Ya but my odds of getting run over by a TOYLETE have been greatly improved lately..they have unwanted accelleration and the can't stop..lol..toyotas S.U.C.K.!!!

Ya but my odds of getting run over by a TOYLETE have been greatly improved lately..they have unwanted accelleration and the can't stop..lol..toyotas S.U.C.K.!!!

Prove it- All I hear is a lot of hot air and personal attacks with very little facts.

Which tells us all far more about *you* than Toyota.

If the driver would use their brain, the "stuck accelerator" can easily be canceled out by just taking the car out of gear, which, if it were, me, would be the first thing I'd do.

not unlike the blonde with the dead battery who makes the 911 call she's locked in her car, not realizing there is a button you can operate manually.

A car is a machine, and machines, from time to time, malfunction, and you have to be ready for most malfunctions, and all it takes is half a brain, and a second of clear thinking to realize what's going wrong

FF

Prove it- All I hear is a lot of hot air and personal attacks with very little facts.

Which tells us all far more about *you* than Toyota.

Prove it..how about the 8 MILLION TOYLETES THEY RECALLED FOR ACCELLERATION PROBLEMS!!!..you can come on here and sing your praise for the pieces of foreign crap all you want,and i'll be right here to say what pieces of **** they truely are...

Prove it..how about the 8 MILLION TOYLETES THEY RECALLED FOR ACCELLERATION PROBLEMS!!!..you can come on here and sing your praise for the pieces of foreign crap all you want,and i'll be right here to say what pieces of **** they truely are...

How many Fords have been recalled? GM's? Chryslers?

Everyone has recalls and cap lock don't equal facts.

I worked for Chrysler, the stupid crap they were recalled for or we had to fix I could write a book about.

Oh, and Chrysler was a German company up to several months ago, now owned by the Italians and unions holmes.

That little fact slip your mind?

Facts are facts, Toyota makes a good car. I'd not take one over a Mopar, but then again I am a Mopar man.

Uh(in a whisper) just look where he's from, speaks volumes

Oh a Mass votor, the same people who give us Herman Munster (John Kerry) and the swimmer (Teddy Kennedy) year after year.

I do have to give you props for Scott Brown though, credit where credit is due.

DOUGHNUTVAN :
MY POINT is Service Manager ( HAHA , nice job ) ,that you believe that the government is behind the recalls ????
NO NHTSA is behind this , if you understand the way the system works .. I forgot > a YES man ....

Oh a Mass votor, the same people who give us Herman Munster (John Kerry) and the swimmer (Teddy Kennedy) year after year.

I do have to give you props for Scott Brown though, credit where credit is due.

Yes,Scott Brown is hopefully the turning point in politics here in Mass..as for fatboy Kennedy or the moron Kerry this Republican would never waste his vote on a democrat..so it wasn't i that has kept them around thats for sure..by the way i believe those 2 liberals drive/drove Toyletes and Scott drives an American based companys product like a good American..

Oh, and Chrysler was a German company up to several months ago, now owned by the Italians and unions holmes.

That little fact slip your mind

Nope...i wouldn't buy or own anything mopar has made since the '70's....

8 million recalled, that doesn't mean there are 8 million out there with the problem, uh, try and play along.....and it isn't like the old Audi unwanted acceleration is the issue, it is that there was a mechanical defect, in the Canadian made part, that caused the pedal to stick in place, not that that makes it right, but get your recalls straight.....

FF

I would rather have my Toyota fixed under a recall than have a domestic with zero resale value fixed, when everything starts to fail just as the warranty runs out.

The only good domestic is a truck, the cars are crap.

With that said……. I did see a news report that Ford quality is approaching (and in some cases) surpassing that of many imports.

I will happily stick with my 93 Toyota 4 runner……. Even though it is old, I feel it is better than any domestic car on the market.

The wife, dog and I just took it on a 7000 mile, 24 state road trip at the end of 09 and it didn't miss a beat.

I also feel that my wifes 05 Kia Spectra is better than most Domestics produced in the last 20 or so years.

DOUGHNUTVAN :
MY POINT is Service Manager ( HAHA , nice job ) ,that you believe that the government is behind the recalls ????
NO NHTSA is behind this , if you understand the way the system works .. I forgot > a YES man ....

Again another strawman argument.

First to have a recall requires the government to start an investigation.

Since we have a government with an interest in propping up GM and Chrysler then one has to look at the motives of such an investigation.

Also since we have a government that has gone out of its way to attack business and private citizens (a matter of record) it would be logical to assume that Toyota is under attack as well.

Please try to keep up, I know its hard being from Mass and all.

Again with the personal attacks when you can't refute facts...

For you Toyota haters out there….. Can you name some really good, reliable American cars made in the last 10 years? I may be in the market…..

Im not looking for a truck or SUV.

I would like suggestions that offer good MPGs and a proven long term reliability record.

Thanks for any help you can give.
well i bought a 99 neon for the wife to drive to work it has 280,000 mils.on it it uses a qurt of oil in 3000 mils and still gets 33mpg.up and down the MT.to work.hows that???????????O and it has had 2 timming belts put on it.one gas cap alt.and ac belt an oil pan (bolt hole wore out)and rotors and 5 sets of brake pads.hows that for a cheaep car.

If YOU love your toyota, so be it. I think the "superior quality" is exaggerated. There cars and trucks are decent, but I dont think its any better or worse than anyone else. And I own a auto repair shop, I work on all types of cars, and really within the last 10 years, there hasnt been a huge differance in quality among the cars I have seen. Every company out there has some problems.

Every car maker will have its ups and downs .... Today it is Toyotas ..
I dont have anything against toyota ... it is now there turn to sit in the hot seat and answere congress questions ... just like the ceo's of the big 3 did ... Can they handle the heat > time will tell... WIll they loose customer > absolutely ...
The nail in the coffin will be if they have known of these issues and just swept it under the rug....

Stroked340

Get off your damn high horse. EVERY car manufacture has recalls. Just because you to broke to afford a Toyota doesn't mean you need to sit there and bash them. I believe they have stood up and have taken pretty good care of their customers. At the dealership I work at, we hired a few extra people just to make sure they get taken care of and are happy. Guess how many people, now that the panic has wore of even give a ****? Looks like about one. Thats you!

So heres a big :thefinge: to you!

Donovan you really dont have a clue ...

I'm so tough , i Vacation in Detroit " MICHIGAN"..... MI , MICHIGAN , can you say MICHIGAN....

-
Back