So much for that toyota quality..

-
Hmmm, a little research shows that in 2006 EVERY SINGLE model in toyotas line up had some type of recall. Again, exaggerated quality.

Go easy on him J-Mac. This is suppose to be a friendly and yet healthy discussion that i will contribute to. Keep in mind this is my opinion and i'm sure there will be more that will feel the same as myself. With that introduction let me begin.
IMO, i feel that no one car or manufacturer is any better than the next. You can take two exact cars made by who ever and give one to my nephew and one to me and i will be able to drive the car several hundred thousand miles with only normal maintenance, but you can give him his car and it wont last him 2 months and wont have 30,000 miles on it. Some people cant drive a goose to water much less a car in a manner that will make it last. Now here's the clincher for me. When you buy a car from a company that has it's roots based in another country, you are helping the bottom line of the economy in that country, not that of an American economy and you can bet they appriciate that, but if you buy a vehicle that is owned by an American based company you are contributing to the base line of the American economy. Many of you that ***** and moan about sending our factories and jobs to overseas companies will still go out and buy cars that are engineered and designed and the parts built in the countries you ***** about but still by the product. Myself, i will continue to try and keep everyone of my hard earned dollars as close to home as i can. As far as the recalls go, it's all begining to look alot like the old "OSHA" horse in the cartoon that i'm sure we've all seen. What ever happened to living and dying. Keep it civil guys.
Small Block

Hmmm, a little research shows that in 2006 EVERY SINGLE model in toyotas line up had some type of recall. Again, exaggerated quality.

Pretty much, go look @ Dodge track record for 2006, every vehicle(cept for the 1800 or so Vipers) had recalls, some of them multiple recalls(4-6), soooooooooooooooooo

FF

the one fly in the ointment of your statement, Small Block is that I know, Toyotas, for one, use more North American made parts(greater that 75%) than half of the so called domestic vehicles. They are assembled/built by Americans, in American cities, on American ground. Sure, if they were built in Japan, and shipped here, not built here, I'd look @ them quite differently, but as the Big 3 got too big for their britches, and have suffered for doing so, American made cars are on the market with foreign names, so to speak.

There are still cars from foreign companies I won't go near(Hyundai, Kia).

FF

sound like a coupla chain saws in that video

Mines all Chrysler power- 2.5 liters of the Trenton engine plants best at 35 psi of boost running stock SMEC electronics reprogrammed by yours truely to run 3 bar sensor and 83 pph injectors.

Stroked340

Get off your damn high horse. EVERY car manufacture has recalls. Just because you to broke to afford a Toyota

Thanks for the laugh..too broke,i'll have to tell my accountant that tomorrow,i'm sure he'll get a good laugh out of it too..more like SMART enough to NEVER but a "TOYLETE":thefinge::thefinge:,right back at ya' country bumkin!!!

Thanks for the laugh..too broke,i'll have to tell my accountant that tomorrow,i'm sure he'll get a good laugh out of it too..more like SMART enough to NEVER but a "TOYLETE":thefinge::thefinge:,right back at ya' country bumkin!!!

Maybe smart enough to NOT buy a good car. But DEFIANTLY [FONT=&quot]not smart enough to spell. How old are you again? 10? I would never "but" a Toyota ether. I am not sure what your trying to get at there. And most "smart" people know that when you say I, referring to ones self you are supposed to use an upper case I. We learned that in school. Even here in the country. :wink:

Ya, I bet your accountant will get a laugh too. He's going to laugh at your ignorance. I know I am sure getting a laugh out of your stupidity and willingness to blurt out things that you have no real clue about. The funny thing about this whole conversation is that it is based about Toyota and making the company look bad. Really, the only thing that your making look bad is yourself. But hey, you are entitled to your own opinion and expressions. God bless the USA! But some opinions should be kept to yourself. Until next time, :thumbrig: Don't hurt yourself getting of that horse.
[/FONT]

Jmack....I am not bashing anyone or trying to get your pantys in a knot, but you sould at least have your facts straight. 1. NO ONE MADE toyota stop production, They did it on thier own. 2. everything made by or for an automaker is MADE TO SPEC, SPEC is provided BY the specific automaker, hence the company that made cables for all the other manufacturers didnt have issues because their specs were better, plain & simple. 3. Toyota's aren't any better than FORDS OR Chevy's they are about equal ( not my opinion, check the ratings of independant companies that rate, quite surprising actually.) 4. they may be built here, BUT ALL the profit goes to Japan ( how does that help the good old USA? answer, it does not!) 5. I dont really care what thier recall costs them, just like the recall on the Pinto, the recall on the GMC/Chevy side gas tanks and all the other recalls the US companys have had...SO WHAT? IF they screw up they have to PAY JUST LIKE US!! you dont have a problem with fair play do ya? 6. Toyota is simply going through the same thing every other auto comapny goes through when they begin to sacrifice quality for profit, plain & simple they screwed up and they covered it up or tried to....... I understand your passion for your employer, but I think there is a larger issue here...they are NOT entitled to any special treatment abopve or beyond the domestic automakers...they screw up the NEWS talks about it ...Just like they did with the FORD tire blow up and it will cost Toyota Just like it did Ford , Chrysler & GM over the years..... Sorry but they are not exempt and they are not the best anymore. Frankly I hope they keep showing their greed...and try to remember WHO they learned from? for my money I will never ever buy foreign nor will I support them, especially NOWDAYS! FOR MY MONEY if it dont say "made in the USA" AND is made by an American Company BASED IN AMERICA ( no transplants ) they dont get my money an they never will! I live here, I dont live in Japan or Germany or Italy or Korea.....Build it here, Buy it here from companys that are BASED HERE or prepare for an "economic downgrade" that we may never recover from! Have a great day!!
Toyota's are failing that is not BS that is proveable fact, and typically proof does not come from a Toyota source LOLOLOLOLOLOL, kinda like the fox guarding the chiken coup, not exactly an impartial source!

GD, not trying to get ya fired up.....but help me understand exactly what kind of PROOF can anyone produce in a blog forum? a cut and paste from a reliable source?.... Really now, this is not a court, NO ONE here is on trial....this is a bunch of car freaks BS'in about cars and stuff..... exactly what proof can you provide that what you have typed is absolut fact? the answer is, you cannot.... you could type anything you choose and there is no "guarantee" what you typed did not get "filtered" by your brain/fingers......
this is all about OPINIONS and like belly buttons and assholes EVERYBODY HAS THEM....pretty much all are similar and all are different at the same time.... WE are all entitled to have and express an opinion....but it aint worth bustin a vein

GD, not trying to get ya fired up.....but help me understand exactly what kind of PROOF can anyone produce in a blog forum? a cut and paste from a reliable source?....

For what do you require proof? Anything I stated you can look up yourself, don't need my word for it. Indeed, I'd suggest people do a bit more digging.

Very few people look further than the end of their noses, perhaps if more people stopped looking at things in such a shallow manner we would not be in the current mess the nation is in.

If you ya'll could spare a few minutes from American Idol.

I'd rather walk everywhere than drive a vehicle made/owned by a foreign company especially Toyota, even if some of the vehicles are built in America.
I still only consider 3 brands when buying a vehicle. FORD. GM. CHRYSLER
Just my 2 cents.

Chrysler has not been an American company since 1998 when they sold out to the Germans.
Got me there, I guess I'm glad both my daily drivers are Fords, and the Chryslers I own are 30-40 years old!

Maybe smart enough to NOT buy a good car. But DEFIANTLY [FONT=&quot]not smart enough to spell. How old are you again? 10? I would never "but" a Toyota ether. I am not sure what your trying to get at there. And most "smart" people know that when you say I, referring to ones self you are supposed to use an upper case I. We learned that in school. Even here in the country. :wink: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ya, I bet your accountant will get a laugh too. He's going to laugh at your ignorance. I know I am sure getting a laugh out of your stupidity and willingness to blurt out things that you have no real clue about. The funny thing about this whole conversation is that it is based about Toyota and making the company look bad. Really, the only thing that your making look bad is yourself. But hey, you are entitled to your own opinion and expressions. God bless the USA! But some opinions should be kept to yourself. Until next time, :thumbrig: Don't hurt yourself getting of that horse.[/FONT]

Geez,i misspelled one word..and i don't have to try and make "toylete" look bad they're doing that all on they're own right now..by the way off is spelled O F F..i see that sixth grade education of yours is showing again..lol

Proof is not for me....Sorry thought I read one ( or more) of your blogs on this subject that repeatedly asked for Proof....or for people to "prove it"....or you that you have yet to see proof....
I was simply stating that "proof " here is as reliable as a "bankers word" and as unlikely as Kwame paying back his debt on time!
I also suggest people do a bit more diggin....what they find about foreign and domestic atuomakers might just surprise them. Beyond that, I still remember when Cadillac was the standard for the world and when MADE IN THE USA meant you weren't buying cheezy junk! I think and would like to believe we are headed back in that direction and I would like it very much if we set the rest of the world back on it's leaching parasitic ear! I do not favor a "world economy or a global workforce" I believe in a sovereign United States and a great melting pot concept, I do not believe in give-aways and as such prefer to buy American from an American Based company to keep the country strong. I proudly fly the Red White and Blue daily and I paid with my blood sweat & tears to keep this land FREE & STRONG.
My diggin reveals that the domestic automakers are on pretty much PAR with the rest of the world, particularly the Japanese regarding quality and I for one hope we get back to where we once were so we can show em how it's done AGAIN! Transplant companys to me are like leaches and parasites on this country, they send every cent to the motherland or fatherland and very few of OUR PRODUCTS are being sold in those countries not because of quality because the government teaches them religiously to be homogenous and to respect their own products....and unlike arrogant us, they listen....their quality was very real and very subsidized by their governments for years, simply to gain market share in the US! there is 30 year long ongoing dialogue in US NEWS & world's articles regarding this, proof that few of US READ enough!! You are absolutly correct we need to start lookin past our noses and stop believing all the HYPE we are being sold by foreign automakers....we are back and we are comin on strong to pass and we are doing it without being 50% subsidized. The ONLY reason transplants build cars here is to increase their ability to sell more cars here unlimited by trade laws....yes they found a loophole 30 years ago! and our idiot politicians and voters have done NOTHING to close it. Shame on us all for being so very arrogant and allowing this..... My Father and his generation are all spinnin in their graves at what we have allowed to happen to this GREAT GREAT country. BUT THAT is a whole nuther rant LOLOL
Buy what you choose, support the country you prefer and pray there is work for your children
Stimulating Dialogue!
have a great week!
PS you will be dissappointed often if you came here expecting us all to be gramarians and perfect typists....I am not sayin dim down I am sayin lighten up
peace
66cuda

The feds did shut toyota down. they didn't do it themselves. I think toyota stands to lose more from all this, than the domestics did previously. After all, everybody expects a domestic recall.
toyota has done a very good job of dancing around recalls, by just ignoring the problems & not owning up to it.While I was a service writer at a toyota, we always had tech service bullentins, & was told that if a car came in with a concern that was covered by the TSB, fix it. We were also instructed to let the customer know what a big favor toyota had just done for them.
Theses TSB's had concerns that the domestics had issued a recall for. Alot of times we would upsale a maintenance service & goodwill theTSB repair.
I understand that these TSB's have been requested by the feds to check out timelines.
toyota has been protected for several years, due to having poloticians ( democrat & republicans) bought for years.
toyota is no better or worse than anything else being built today. They just do a great job using smoke & mirrors.
In my opinion, the last true trouble free toyotas built were the 1996 model year. These were pretty good cars, the 96 camery model had a higher list price than the redesigned 1997 model had. This made selling used 96's a little tricky to sell, when you could buy a new 97 for almost the same price. This is when I considered the camery had been Americanized.
1998 was when I started getting questions in the service from the customers. They would ask me, how come I'm having these nit-pick problems (AKA domestic problems) with my newer camery, that he didn't have in the earlier camerys. But as usaul, we offered great service & made the customer happy, even though he was coming back to the dealers repair department more often. At least it was good for upsales.
I don't see this as Obama witch hunt, its just a case of a big company that didn't think the rules applied to them, after all we are just dumbass Americans who would buy a polished turd if it became popular & thought to be perfect.

In 2009,Ford passed Toyotas quality and has continued to thru 2010.I,m having a hard time with why Toyota took so long with the recalls?It,s obvious they continued to make and sell cars knowing they had these problems.Money first,customer second..I guess?

In 2009,Ford passed Toyotas quality and has continued to thru 2010.I,m having a hard time with why Toyota took so long with the recalls?It,s obvious they continued to make and sell cars knowing they had these problems.Money first,customer second..I guess?

Yep. It had to do with the almighty dollar. Check out this news article about how Toyota boasted saving $100 million on recalls by delaying recalls.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100222/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall

They don't really care about peoples safety. Just that buck.

Toadota is really setting new records for recalls,and death's.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100222/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall Looks like Toyota has been trying to save some money by sweeping stuff under the "floor mats". Six people in Texas alone have died in em since last November with some of not all being taken back to the dealers multiple times for the same problem and told there is nothing wrong with them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100222/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall <<ok looks like people have know about this "unintended acceleration" for a good 7 years now????????????????? oh my.

-
Back