So much for that toyota quality..

-
LOL there is no car I would not drive if given to me! I'd even tool around in a Yugo.

All the people saying bad about Toyotas should shut their mouths. This is a big old bull **** thing founded by our great government. Funny how they aren't recalling all the Government Motors (GM) made cobalts for their faulty steering link that really can kill someone. Isn't it also funny how the same company that makes the throttle peddles for these Toyotas also make them for Nissan, Mazda, Honda, and even Ford yet we aren't hearing anything about them. Lets bash Toyota. Bring it on. They are still the best built car in America and this BS conspiracy from the Obama administration will backfire on them. As for the Prius, guess what. It's BS too. Too many people in the media trying to cause problems. This recall is costing Toyota over two billion to fix. It is costing dealerships time in the fact that we have several hundred calls a day from people that are scared because of **** said by people that have no idea what they are talking about. Fall in too and believe what they say. You’re the ones missing out.

This whole recall stems from some dumb *** in a Lexus that couldn't figure out how to pull the floor mat off of his throttle peddle. I mean, come on. Common sense goes along way.

This whole scare is bull ****. They never made Ford stop production of the pinto that would start on fire from a simple rear end collision. Or how about GM when the gas tanks where on the outside of the frame rail? That just sounds smart. But lets halt production of the Toyotas.

I'm done!!!!!!

Hey everyone Jeremys back. Good to hear from you. BTW I agree with you on this one.

All the people saying bad about Toyotas should shut their mouths. This is a big old bull **** thing founded by our great government. Funny how they aren't recalling all the Government Motors (GM) made cobalts for their faulty steering link that really can kill someone. Isn't it also funny how the same company that makes the throttle peddles for these Toyotas also make them for Nissan, Mazda, Honda, and even Ford yet we aren't hearing anything about them. Lets bash Toyota. Bring it on. They are still the best built car in America and this BS conspiracy from the Obama administration will backfire on them. As for the Prius, guess what. It's BS too. Too many people in the media trying to cause problems. This recall is costing Toyota over two billion to fix. It is costing dealerships time in the fact that we have several hundred calls a day from people that are scared because of **** said by people that have no idea what they are talking about. Fall in too and believe what they say. You’re the ones missing out.

This whole recall stems from some dumb *** in a Lexus that couldn't figure out how to pull the floor mat off of his throttle peddle. I mean, come on. Common sense goes along way.

This whole scare is bull ****. They never made Ford stop production of the pinto that would start on fire from a simple rear end collision. Or how about GM when the gas tanks where on the outside of the frame rail? That just sounds smart. But lets halt production of the Toyotas.

I'm done!!!!!!

Spoken like a true "anti-american" MORON:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:..OH BY THE WAY COME MAKE ME SHUT UP:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

Spoken like a true "anti-american" MORON:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:..OH BY THE WAY COME MAKE ME SHUT UP:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

For you Toyota haters out there….. Can you name some really good, reliable American cars made in the last 10 years? I may be in the market…..

Im not looking for a truck or SUV.

I would like suggestions that offer good MPGs and a proven long term reliability record.

Thanks for any help you can give.

You know what's funny. I have all mopars, but not too long ago my sister-in-law asked me what is the best used car and I told her to get a Toyota and she bought a Corolla and loves it. I don't mind turning wrenches because that is what I do and enjoy it, but for a college kid it is a great reliable car. Does this make me anti-american? I served my country in the gulf war. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

By the way J-Mac is a big, big man and if he were standing in front of me I would shut my mouth. He knows more about classic Mopars than you ever could.

This is the thing!

I like my dodge, I love driving it! even if I have to wrench on it often!
But I dont like to wrench on the car I use for the daily driving to my job! therefore I have a old toyota picup for that task! its simple and will never let me down! the opinion does not have to be black or white! I like both cars, but in different ways!!!

here in europa I have the feeling that quality became an issue afte 1990. then the great car companies started to think about profit rather than quality! too bad!
happy driving!

Jeez!
Some of you guys are like 10 year olds in the playground!
Grow up, will ya?
Everyone knows big buisness is all about profit. No matter if it's cars, Coca Cola or televisions.

The only cars affected by the recall (not the Prius') were cars assembled in North America, and the malfunctioning part that is being replaced is manufactured here also. Toyota is going back to it's original supplier, Denso, for the replacement parts.

I earn about 3/4 of my pay from servicing two large Toyota dealerships, and one Lexus dealership. They have hired new mechanics and are working 18 and 24 hours a day to fix the problem vehicles. Parts has to stay open to supply the mechanics. A cashier has to stay to check in/out customers. Point is, they are hiring (even if temporarily) in a sluggish economy where everyone else is laying off.

I don't want to get into a big pissing match with anyone about who makes a better car (I drive an Escape, built by my brother in law here in KC), but between GM and Chrysler, our town lost about 15 dealerships last year.

our town lost about 15 dealerships last year.

Sick! Cars are big industry in america! here in norway, last year was only 10% down i sales compared to 2008...(new cars only)
(that said, we only bought 98675 new cars..lol)
You americans have to stop sending all your money to china,and stand up and produce all the stuff the world need! we need a strong america!:cheers:

For you Toyota haters out there….. Can you name some really good, reliable American cars made in the last 10 years? I may be in the market…..

I would like suggestions that offer good MPGs and a proven long term reliability record.

American made or American owned? I will continue to say it: Asian quality doesn't belong to Honda and Toyota anymore. It does, however belong to Hyundai. American made, the Sonata is made in Alabama. Take a look at the new '10 on the website. And the 2.0L and 2.4L that Hyundai is using is the same one that came from the Global Platform design that's based on the Chrysler 2.0L and 2.4L in the Caliber, etc.

American owned? I'd throw the Fusion against anything foreign. Coming from a former Ford tech who's not a big fan of anything new Ford from having to work on 'em I will say that car is right on the nose. Maybe it's because they didn't come off the truck needing recalls done. They didn't turn right around and come back in a week later with some stupid complaint against them.

Both cars in 4 cyl trim are estimated 34-35 mpg. Real world experience from a former co-worker on his 2.3/5-speed Fusion (non-hybrid) was getting 38 mpg highway.

As for the Toyota I'm not surprised, especially with the Fed's launching an investigation if the company knew something going back to '06 on the Pruis. This is the same company which internal memoes from the engineers revealed an oiling issue, remember? Internal memoes which the bean counters and the corporate suits decided to ignore, watched the engines blow, and then blamed it on the customers. They then decided to charge the customers for new engines and lost a class action lawsuit once the internal memoes were revealed in court that the engineers knew the internal oil passages would be an issue. That's called corporate malfeasance, the very same way the tobacco industry lost it's case in court. So, through history, Toyota has something against them that already has set them up for government investigation. Like it or not, the suit they lost previously has put a target on them.

As for panic situations, yes, as has been pointed out, this is very true. Defensive driving courses and driving schools deal with this, but how many people think of themselves as such great drivers that they don't need further education on the subject? Brakes go out? Isn't that what the e-brake it for? How many will think to use the e-brake? Ford got in trouble in this some time ago because of exploding tires and people panicking.

I like the idea that "well, such and such uses the same system." Yeah and Dodge used the same Firestones which were exploding on the Explorer. Ever think that it's compatible with the other makes and not Toyota. Someone said: the OE supplier in Japan is Denso for this unit, but for the American assembled cars it's someone else. Ever think there's something incompatible between the unit currently in use and the ECU? Perhaps the ECU is programmed to use the Denso unit and through a small variance in resistance this one just isn't the same, therefore hanging up. If that's the case, then it is the company's fault for not using the appropriate components.

You americans have to stop sending all your money to china,and stand up and produce all the stuff the world need! we need a strong america!:cheers:

Thank you, brother! Now we just need to get the people in Washington to understand that!

By the way J-Mac is a big, big man and if he were standing in front of me I would shut my mouth. He knows more about classic Mopars than you ever could.

Please...you have no idea what i know...but i do know i'm smart enough NOT to buy a Toyota product..by the way thanks for serving....

And Norway-dart you are absolutely right,be nice if more Americans thought that way...

Full disclosure - I have 3 cars in my garage.
#1 was built by Americans, in America, with American parts and most of the profits stayed in the US.
#2 was built in America, by Americans, with 82% American parts. However, the profit went to Germany.
#3 was built in America, by Americans, but with only 10% American parts and the profit went to Japan.

#1 is my 1968 Barracuda, #2 is a 2004 Sebring 'vert, #3 is a 2009 Honda CR-V.

If I bought a new Mopar, the profit would go to Fiat, in Turin Italy. That's not likely. My wife is from Italy and she says Fiat couldn't manage it's way out of a paper bag.

In '06 the 300, the Magnum, and the Challenger couldn't be on the annual list of top American-built cars because their domestic parts content was all under 75%.

If you think any corporation gives a rat's-*** about you (as consumer or employee), be they based in Auburn Hills, Dusseldorf, or Tokyo, you are delusional. All they want to do is get your money in their pockets any way they can. The Japanese have just done a better job of that than the Detroiters for the past few years. Until recently, of course, when Detroit got your money in their pocket via your government.
If Chrysler had market research showing that they would make more money by tying dead puppies to the hoods of each new car, THEY WOULD DO IT. That is a corporation's sole job - to make a shitload of money as fast as possible. Not to benefit the UAW, or America, or even you - the consumer.
Now, in Japan, the corporation does do a little bit to benefit society and the nation than here, but that is only because they are just slightly less greedy than Americans. However, they are gaining fast and I have no doubt that before long their corporations will rape the public as efficiently as ours do.
Ford, GM, and Chrysler have factories and dealerships all over the world. Can you be sure that the money you spend at your local Dodge dealer only stays in America? Once it gets into the corporate pot, what's to stop them from sending your dollar to their people in Mexico, or Canada?
NOTHING.
Guys and gals, we might drive cool vintage iron from the 60's, but this isn't the 60's any longer. Stop fooling yourselves.
If you want to BUY AMERICAN (100% American workers, parts, and owners), good luck. Let me know what you end up with.

One more thing - do those of you who hate Japanese car companies hate German car companies also? Remember, it was the Beetle that broke open Detroit's monopoly in the sixties.

One more thing - do those of you who hate Japanese car companies hate German car companies also? Remember, it was the Beetle that broke open Detroit's monopoly in the sixties.

Actually you bring up a good point on the Japanese/Germany companies. I hear many times that back in the day we went to war with those two countries and in doing so lost a lot of good lives. So, if that's an excuse, why the overall prejudice against South Korean built? Didn't we go to war on their behalf?

I'm not a Toyota hater, but I've got a recommendation for an American car.

I've got a 2008 Ford Taurus, and its awesome. Built in Chicago. Better reliability ratings than the Camry. Bigger back seat than my 07 GMC crew cab pickup. HUGE trunk. Its quiet, the interior is nice (better on the Limited than my SEL by far though).

The 3.5 V6 is great. Car runs 14.40 in the quarter-LOL. (2.38 60') Takes 87 Octane unleaded.

It gets about 28 mpg on the highway (if you drive the speed limit) and 19-20 in town. Mine's the front drive. I can't imagine ponying up for the AWD. I've got the crap original tires with 34K on them, and the thing is a rock star in the snow.

I'm buddies with half a dozen technicians at the Ford dealer, and they all say the same thing. Other than regular maintenance, they NEVER work on these cars.

Keep in mind that when it was badged "500" instead of Taurus, it had the Duratec 3.0 in it, which is also a very reliable engine, but the car was very underpowered in my opinion.

The Fusion has very similar stellar reliability ratings, but I like the space and power that the Taurus comes with.

So far the car has performed flawlessly. I didn't buy it new, but I've got the service history. Gas, oil changes, air filter and tire rotate in 34000 miles, and that's it.

This is different than the toyota problem. The brakes never fail, but the pedal sinks on the switch from regenerative to conventional brakes, and people are bothered by it, so they're changing it.

Every hybrid I've ever driven has done that. Civic was the worst. Its disconcerting. Kudos to Ford for fixing it.

Steve

Wait wait! You mean American hybrids also have brake problems? Golly me, can't imagine such a thing as an American car company having quality problems.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35242362/ns/business-autos/

stuck gas pedal? ...brakes that don't work? ...
... finally explains kyle busches driving !!! :-D

Hi John, thanks for the welcome back.

I really like and support Toyota. Have worked with Toyota at a dealership and directly for five years. These cars are very well built and I would recomend them to anyone. As far as old cars go, I am all mopar. New stuff, why buy anything other than something that will last? If I'm paying 25k, I don't want a pile of junk. Does that make me un American?

Stroked340, if I said what I wanted to say to you, I would be permenently banned. So for now, STFU!!!!!!

Hi John, thanks for the welcome back.

I really like and support Toyota. Have worked with Toyota at a dealership and directly for five years. These cars are very well built and I would recomend them to anyone. As far as old cars go, I am all mopar. New stuff, why buy anything other than something that will last? If I'm paying 25k, I don't want a pile of junk. Does that make me un American?

Stroked340, if I said what I wanted to say to you, I would be permenently banned. So for now, STFU!!!!!!

I have 2 friends that have been technicians for "toylete" for years..neither one owns one,they both drive dodge trucks,what does that tell ya??..they know firsthand the garbage they work on,but they do make a lot of money fixing the pieces of "crap"..heres to you:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

We got our call yesterday to bring our 2009 Corolla in for the recall repair. I`ve got to say the service people are very accomodating, the service manager gave us his personal cell phone number to call him whenever we want our appointment. The dealership here is staying open until 9 p.m. 6 days a week to do the repairs and if demand is high they will go to 7 days.

We got our call yesterday to bring our 2009 Corolla in for the recall repair. I`ve got to say the service people are very accomodating

I would sure hope so,they have a problem that can kill you or someone else...

Finally the truth is starting to come out about the toy's low quality. They try to keep everything secert as not to tarnish their lmage. Even at the expense of human life.
I worked on a toy dealership about 5 years ago. We added on to the service dept. doubling it's size. I spent about 4 months there and seen the techs replacing radidtors, ac comp. and condensors, brakes and even using a 5 lb. sledge on rearend. The management made us park our trucks in back by the tech's cars. Guess what, they didn't drive toys either.

I have 2 friends that have been technicians for "toylete" for years..neither one owns one,they both drive dodge trucks,what does that tell ya??..they know firsthand the garbage they work on,but they do make a lot of money fixing the pieces of "crap"..heres to you:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

You have a friend?

these new cars are too damn complicated. everything is computer controlled. no wonder there are problems with them. they say that the new prius will keep you in your lane if you start to drift out of it..... i can see this malfunctioning and not letting you steer or something....

I said the same thing to my wife when I saw a Ferd commercial where one of their cars parallel parks itself....The guy says "You don't even have to touch the wheel". CRAZY.

-
Back