So what does a Frat zog stand for?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
the symbol on our dodges is called a "Frat zog" well does anyone know what that means? if we are going to drive around with it on our cars....we should know what it means.

i was looking at the "Frat zog" on the vinyl top trim of my 69 dart thinking about that today..hmmm

my initial reactive thought is a Fraternity symbol of some sort.....were the Dodge brothers in a Fraternity or perhaps the designer of the emblem that we are all familiar with, that appeared in the early 60s

i kinda nullify this theory right away bcoz i know from Soroity experience that most competent Fraternities find offense in calling their organiziations as simply a "Frat"

Also the earlier dodge brothers symbol almost looks like a star of David....were they Jewish??

if anyone has any history or reasoning behind this all too familiar symbols ....let us know

Attachments

• 250px-Fratzog.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,027
  • mopardogdish.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,034
  • Fratzog.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DodgeBrothers.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,394
Dodge used the fratzog, as the rocket-shaped logo is called, from 1962 to 1976, encompassing Dodge’s glory years for muscle cars. It was reportedly named by the designer, who was told it had to be called something

^ he is correct. The designer that drew the Fratzog just made the word up because he couldn't think of an appropriate thing to call it.

My dog dishes do not look so hot compared to that picture. Need to find a few extras. I never new that the "triangle" had a special name, I learned something new today.

Yes, the Dodge brothers were Jewish. Kind of ironic since they started out making engines for Henry Ford.

From Wikipedia:

Fratzog: Dodge's logo from September 1962 through 1981 was a fractured deltoid composed of three arrowhead shapes forming a three-pointed star. The logo first appeared on the 1962 Polara 500 and the mid-year 1962 Custom 880. One of its designers came up with the meaningless name Fratzog for the logo, which ultimately stuck. As the Dodge Division's logo, Fratzog was incorporated in various badges and emblems on Dodge vehicles. It was also integrated into the design of such parts as steering wheel center hubs and road wheel covers.

Remember how popular the Maltese Cross was back in the late 60s? Check this out:

View attachment ml-fratzog.jpg

If you took two fratzogs and put them together you could sorta create the star. Maybe this is where he got the idea.

Interesting. Good thing it wasn't a Dodge Doohickey or Thingamabob! That's what I would have called it.

LOL. Leave it to Rani to come up with this tidbit. I certainly never knew that.

From Wikipedia:
One of its designers came up with the meaningless name Fratzog for the logo, which ultimately stuck.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

I actually think there is a whole lot more to the story than this little blurb.
If you stop and break the word down a Frat is a brotherhood or organization and ZOG has come to be associated with Zionist Occupied Government. The term ZOG relating to Zionist Occupied Government did not appear in main stream society until the mid 70's but that doesn't mean it was not used previous to that time.
Given the fact that the Dodge brothers were Jewish I find it extremely hard to believe the the term Frat-Zog was meaningless.
~Michael

I REALLY think you're reaching, here. The "Dodge Brothers" were long gone by the time this logo made it's appearance

The Dodge brothers died in the early 1920's and the family sold off Dodge later in the 20's, and finally it became part of Chrysler.

Very interesting subject :study:
Here is a Plymouth logo, The yellow out line I put on this
looks like an old style casket design :shock: I guess they knew Plymouth would not
be around very long compared to Dodge or Chysler..:-k or am I nut's :shock:

Attachments

• 2012 december 031.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,334
Rani has given me something to bring up in future conversations now. Did you know frat zog ? I do now na na na na

Rani, very interesting. I knew the Brother's were Jewish, however,I did not know the symbol is called "Frat Zog".

I actually think there is a whole lot more to the story than this little blurb.
If you stop and break the word down a Frat is a brotherhood or organization and ZOG has come to be associated with Zionist Occupied Government. The term ZOG relating to Zionist Occupied Government did not appear in main stream society until the mid 70's but that doesn't mean it was not used previous to that time.
Given the fact that the Dodge brothers were Jewish I find it extremely hard to believe the the term Frat-Zog was meaningless.
~Michael

Get a real life.

Another little known fact is in the early days both Fords and Mopars did not build their own bodies. Their bodies were built by Briggs manufacturing in Detroit. GM was built by Fisher.

I randomly came accross this today doing a google search, I know it's a bit old but I thought I would comment.

My grandfather (Donald Wright) is the one that came up with the "fratzog". It was indeed just a random non-sensical name he came up with. He never had any intention of "naming a logo" but was asked to come up with a name, so he did.

He told me that the emblem shape originated by taking some of the existing emblem's shapes and putting them in different orders. I don't know exactly which shapes started the idea but my guess is that it was the "forward look" arrows. He said he took three of the shapes and put them into what was the start of the "fratzog". The shape was refined after the idea was spawned, but you can definately see how this could happen.

Here is an example of what I believe he used...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Forward_Look_D100.jpg

Unfortunatly he has since passed, so he is not around to ask for those details, but I thought I would share what I know.

The funny thing is, he once told me that he never really cared for that logo. He said that it looked much better on letter head, and never really liked it in the 3d version that came to be in the emblems.

Now you know.... the rest of the story! :eek:)

I need to find this thread later...
C

I randomly came accross this today doing a google search, I know it's a bit old but I thought I would comment.

My grandfather (Donald Wright) is the one that came up with the "fratzog". It was indeed just a random non-sensical name he came up with. He never had any intention of "naming a logo" but was asked to come up with a name, so he did.

He told me that the emblem shape originated by taking some of the existing emblem's shapes and putting them in different orders. I don't know exactly which shapes started the idea but my guess is that it was the "forward look" arrows. He said he took three of the shapes and put them into what was the start of the "fratzog". The shape was refined after the idea was spawned, but you can definately see how this could happen.

Here is an example of what I believe he used...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Forward_Look_D100.jpg

Unfortunatly he has since passed, so he is not around to ask for those details, but I thought I would share what I know.

The funny thing is, he once told me that he never really cared for that logo. He said that it looked much better on letter head, and never really liked it in the 3d version that came to be in the emblems.

Now you know.... the rest of the story! :eek:)

I had heard other speculations about the Frat Zog.
Thanks for bringing us the story from as close to the source as possible.

The three-delta, rocket-like Dodge emblem used from 1962-1976 is called a "fratzog;" the name was reportedly made up by a designer who was told it had to be called something. The rocket shape reminded buyers that Chrysler Corporation made extremely reliable rockets for the space program, eventually reaching the moon.

mrmopartech

-
Back