Sold My Ram for $500

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Not to worry, I sold it to my nephew cause we made a deal last year. ...He has been a good kid since I first met him when he was 2,...He has been my paid summer helper up here at the house for the last 5 years,....

He is just turned 15 and has been in lust with my old 98 Ram since i got it 4 years ago. After we got the Sierra I told him "If" he got accepted to trade school and "If" he got some good grades, i would give him a deal.

Well damn if he bought home "high honors" after his 3rd semester, so after he helped me redo the back half of the truck last fall, I started teachin him about manual shift trucks,..then in February, we made the deal,...

I swear he has put 100 miles on that truck in his Dad's field so far,...

Then he went and joined the local fire volunteer dept in the same station I started in 40 some years ago,...

Now he has figured out that girls like to hang out with cool fire guys who have wheels and some change in thier pockets,...

I guess we did all right with this kid too...

got some in some previous threads,...I'm not at my PC right now so I'll have to wait till I get home...

Not to worry, I sold it to my nephew cause we made a deal last year. ...He has been a good kid since I first met him when he was 2,...He has been my paid summer helper up here at the house for the last 5 years,....

He is just turned 15 and has been in lust with my old 98 Ram since i got it 4 years ago. After we got the Sierra I told him "If" he got accepted to trade school and "If" he got some good grades, i would give him a deal.

Well damn if he bought home "high honors" after his 3rd semester, so after he helped me redo the back half of the truck last fall, I started teachin him about manual shift trucks,..then in February, we made the deal,...

I swear he has put 100 miles on that truck in his Dad's field so far,...

Then he went and joined the local fire volunteer dept in the same station I started in 40 some years ago,...

Now he has figured out that girls like to hang out with cool fire guys who have wheels and some change in thier pockets,...

I guess we did all right with this kid too...

Nice you stood up for your promise and now can enjoy he's stories something most of us would have liked back when we were young!

That's a really great story jaimus! Glad he's found something he wants to do.

Good deal! I'm sure he will remember the lesson here that hard work does reap rewards and that sticking to your word is the best and only policy! Hats off to you for helping this young man out and helping be the teacher of these life lessons!

The world needs more people to step up and be like you! Thanks for sharing!

What a great story. I wish my son had stayed on the straight like that. Congrats.

-
Back