Some good things happening...

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
...for a change.

Many of you know of the struggles I've had over the course of the past year. Dealing with depression, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, even some homicidal thoughts and tendencies thrown into the mix, just to make it fun.

Marriage coming apart. Financial struggles when the marriage came apart. Raising both boys, essentially on my own and the issues with that.

Last night my E-body sold. Today, that money secured the roof over our heads for a long time to come.

As Karli talks about this apartment or that apartment, moving here or there if she doesn't like a place, my mine goal has been to make sure the boys have something stable, something solid, to call their own.

Kids in a stable home do better in school, are less apt to use drugs, are better at making and keeping friends.

So, I just watched a dream roll out of my driveway to make sure the boys have a stable platform in which to be able to launch their own dreams.

It feels damned good.

...for a change.

Many of you know of the struggles I've had over the course of the past year. Dealing with depression, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, even some homicidal thoughts and tendencies thrown into the mix, just to make it fun.

Marriage coming apart. Financial struggles when the marriage came apart. Raising both boys, essentially on my own and the issues with that.

Last night my E-body sold. Today, that money secured the roof over our heads for a long time to come.

As Karli talks about this apartment or that apartment, moving here or there if she doesn't like a place, my mine goal has been to make sure the boys have something stable, something solid, to call their own.

Kids in a stable home do better in school, are less apt to use drugs, are better at making and keeping friends.

So, I just watched a dream roll out of my driveway to make sure the boys have a stable platform in which to be able to launch their own dreams.

It feels damned good.
Good for you. You have gone through Hell but you have came through it a stronger person. God bless you and your family. They are very lucky to have you!

No kids involved for me, but it was either sell the T/A I had since I was 19 or lose the house in 2008.

You made the right choice for your kids! :)

Hang in there friend there is alot more good things coming your way. Prayers for you and your family.

Well done!

Some things in life are more important that others...and choosing to make a sacrifice for all the best reasons tastes sweeter that anything else you can think of.

:thumbsup:

I sold a 71 cuda and a 71 challenger to get rid of my ex-wife, worth every penny, and this was 22 years ago, I hated to sell the cars, but seeing her out was worth it.

Robert, Congratulations...
You are surviving...it's p.i.t.a...
I have seen you late in the evening here ,yet I felt compelled to respond.
No more .

Robert, Congratulations...
You are surviving...it's p.i.t.a...
I have seen you late in the evening here ,yet I felt compelled to respond.
No more .

Those late in the evening is usually early morning for me, from all the tossing and turning and stress. Get up, put a little tobacco in the pipe, smoke some, surf and then rinse, wash, repeat.

Good for you! As you've stated the boys are the most important thing!

There are quite a few friend's supporting you.

Good job Sir!

You didn't watch a dream roll away. You traded a less important dream for a more important one. That was a good thing.

...for a change.

It feels damned good.

This proves what we all knew. There is nothing wrong with you. Your head is on straight and you out the well being of your children ahead of your desires. That's what's called being a man and making the tough decisions that a man has to make.

You done did good.

As has always been the case, you have put those boys first in your life. Cars come and go, but the best interest of those boys has always been your top priority. Now keep that feeling in you heart and mind, for your own well being and you will always have a rock to stand on! This positive post is the kind of news I’ve been hoping to hear. The past we can’t change, the future is what we can, and you’ve just put that in the bank for your entire family! God bless Robert, you and the boys are always in my prayers!

...So, I just watched a dream roll out of my driveway to make sure the boys have a stable platform in which to be able to launch their own dreams.

It feels damned good.
I think you saw the dream roll in.....Your a good Dad.

PS> E-bodys are ugly anyway! :)

Only the strong survive ! I knew all along YOU are STRONG, now just keep keep'n on. and remember, boys are a model of their father.

You may be surprised how sane you really are when someone isn't driving you to madness. Best of luck to you and your son's.

Robert, good for you. Got to put you and Family first. I sold my '70 Challenger in '09 had to do it for my Family as well. They are just a hunk of metal. They are replaceable. Take care of what's important brother.

The material things on this Earth are simply given to us on loan while we are here, not really important at all....our family is another whole different matter. We are allowed to enjoy the wonders of this World with those we love. WE just have to open our eyes, and see. That is the bottom line. Make the most of it while we have the opportunity.

I know you’ve been through a lot the last several months. I have prayed for you to have the strength to make it through. You made a difficult choice but the right one. That car will never love you but those boys always will.

Good job. You did right. Remember, it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up.
And yes, I speak from experience.

Not many of you folks like me....and this very well may be the final nails in my coffin...but I honestly could not care less. Robert...I kept my mouth shut when you married a much younger girl. I should not have.
Let me tell you what I went thru...and what 4 mental health providers all told me.
I married a young girl, she was right out of college. Up to that point she had either been under the control of her parents, or an extremely controlling boyfriend. Lisa and I fought like fire and gasoline. The fights were on both of us.
Got married anyway. Moved out of Jersey, had to get away from my psychotic racist mother...the one that years later couldn't believe I was "marrying the ******* spic".
Anyways....Lisa decided that due to her past she had "missed out" on a lot of things. The going out with her girlfriends. Going to bars after work. You know....the things that folks with no real responsibilities do. Not saying that folks with responsibility's to go out and enjoy themselves but...she did not see the reason for her to be home alone when she could be out at a bar, drinking with her co-workers. We all know what happens to the majority of young folks when alcohol is mixed in...their inhibitions go right out the window. The "damn, I sure did miss out on a lot of fun" thoughts kick in. The "he will never know if I go and bang this dude thoughts" start.
And being a "young, modern woman" means "empowerment". Means I can have it all. The security of a good man that busts his *** for me...a nice roof over my ***..and the ability to do what I "want".
Fast forward a bit...and Lisa starts acting a bit out of character. Doing things sexually with me that she normally was dead set against. Would go to hold her hand in public and she would pull back. I was so ******* stupid to not see all the warning signs...she was spending almost every night out with her "girl friends". Going with her friend Lynn to the some beach on California once a month, the weeks I worked Saturday & Sunday.
**** came full circle. She wanted a divorce. I found out for 2 year she was banging this Dude, Bert. That her weekends with Lynn happened once, all the other she was with Bert. All the nights out with her "girl friends", she was in a hotel with Bert...who was also married. So I did what I was good at. One thing about being bi-polar..at least for me back then was I was a very vengeful son of a *****. Found a very shrewd attorney and stuck it to her. Keep in mind the very first thing I told Lisa was not to **** with me...I don't play well with others. In the end she was divorced, signed away all the equity in our house and a piece of land that was worth 50k all with the verbal agreement that I would take on all the debt for her giving up her "equity". Well...keep in mind we lived in AZ, which is a Community Property state...what is hers is mine and what is mine is hers.....not only property but debt....she had signed on the bottom line of about 90k worth of unsecured debt. I offered to file BK with her before the divorce, she said no, that our agreement relieved her of all debt. My attorney tried to explain to her that was not true.
Fast forward some more, the BK went thru. She is in Iowa, married to Bert...and the creditors came a knocking.
Enough about my bullshit. I sat here, a while back talking with my wife about you and Karla...and told Ernie that I would bet a months worth of my income that at some point the "modern day woman" would take over your young bride..and she would do what the "modern day woman" does. I feel bad for not saying nothing way back when...when we were emailing each other on a regular basis...but there are some things that I feel I should not stick my nose in...and your marriage was one of them.
I am truly sorry that you were having a rough go of things. And if I am wrong about your young bride please do accept my apologies.
But let me finish with this. When things finally settled down with Lisa we had a normal, civil conversation. She asked if I remembered about 2 years prior to us getting divorced, the day she mentioned that maybe we should go our own ways. Of which I did...well she told me that is when the **** with Bert started...and at that point she had told Bert that she wanted to make our marriage work...but her break up with Bert lasted all of about a week...and she was right back to banging the dude. If I remember right your young bride has came and gone several times...not saying she is doing what Lisa did.....
I truly hope you put your life together, in whatever way is best for YOU.
In closing...one of Lisa's friends found me on Facebook. Sent me a friend request. Messaged me, asking how "we" were doing. I explained the whole thing. Told her Lisa's maiden name. Turns out Lisa is on Facebook. This woman started chatting with her and in passing mentioned in an email that Lisa's marriage with Bert lasted a whole 18 months.....she cheated on him and he caught her red handed...in their bed.
Best of luck....to anyone who is offended by what I said...well, you will get over it...and for those that disagree with me...not going to argue with you. If you want to argue over my comments about the "modern day woman" perhaps one of the head docs I seen over the years would be willing to argue with you...

-
Back