Some members just like to play games

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had answered a wanted ad for an item. After the member wanted pictures he said he would take them and then no reply when payment info given. Then blamed me for selling them to another member. So I offered another set with the same result. I am on the forth set after replies when they sold but never a reply with a payment for himself. The member is Zak . Just a heads up on a member

This site is getting to be like FB and CL.

I had answered a wanted ad for an item. After the member wanted pictures he said he would take them and then no reply when payment info given. Then blamed me for selling them to another member. So I offered another set with the same result. I am on the forth set after replies when they sold but never a reply with a payment for himself. The member is Zak . Just a heads up on a member

Its not getting Steve, it has been since just about day one.
It’s just another entertainment site.

Here is one guy that IF I had told you I would take them, then you would be shipping them to me. I agree about one thing. I've about had it with FB and I pretty much only buy, not sell.

Looky lous are a pain in the ***.

I make all purchases and sales very clear in wording.

For example, just because I'm giving you a quote does not mean they are yours. The first person to send money owns them.

The searching for quotes at the cost of my time and patience is getting less and less. I've told a few I won't ship to them just because it's a pain in my ***. I can give them weights and dimensions and they can get their own quote. If they like it, good. If not, I don't hear from them again.

Most stuff sells locally after time anyway.

Steve sorry this happened to you. You always treat people fair. This is why I like to drive down to your place and bring cash! No BS and always nice parts.

I have no idea how you would get the human element out of it. But like you sometimes it just helps to vent. I remember the time I joined this page I was talking to one of the good members and discussing my builds. Then someone was trying to help another member with free parts and I got involved but after a while the member only wanted high dollar-hard to find parts, and that didn’t end well. There are some great people on here but once in a while you get a green persimmon.

I haven’t sold anything in a long time. So I replied to a few wanted ads awhile back. Sold a few small items. Then ghosted on a few that I got their names and addresses and they got my info, then nothing. No responses to my texts or messages or emails. So I’m pretty frustrated with this whole situation. This isn’t from new members but members that have been here for years. They should have the decency to let a guy know they don’t want/need the part anymore. So I think it’s time to start a no sell to list or block them. Kim

I haven't sold anything on FABO, but I've bought a bunch. I never had a problem with any FABO member, ever. That said, I try to be respectful, and pay promptly. Many thanks to you especially, oldkimmer, for going above and beyond for the 340 K frame I bought from you. Same for Halifaxhops. Too bad a few have to ruin it all for the rest of us.

I was first reply to a FS thread the other day, and sent a PM, the response I got was "you are third in line".

WTF? What happened to replying to the thread so others know?

I will say that 2 ppl wanted to pay right away for parts but I told them to hold off till I got them apart and cleaned up to make sure nothing was damaged. The parts were good. Shipping was included in the price. Ghosted

This is what we are dealing with now days. A whole lot of people that don't have basic knowledge. The caption is:

What part of an engine is this?
And should it be changed out?
oil filter base.jpg

Last edited:
At least here on FABO you can look at how long someone has been a member, how active they are, and what their rating score is. On FB it's like the wild wild west. It's almost completely anonymous.

My favorite is when someone is asking for a specific cam recommendation for their build. Might as well go ask a stranger walking down the street? Rant over

On my local Sacramento, Craigslist, i have been advertising a new, woodworkers turning tool, that is used on wood lathes.

Three times now, i have gotten emails, thru their format, that are trying their best to scam me, on the purchase.

Never had any issues with anyone on this forum, or other car sites, but this Craigslist, takes the cake.

I haven't bought/sold a lot here on FABO, maybe 4x what my feedback score is (18 and 100%).... but I'll just say I've had nothing but good experiences in my transactions.

This is what we are dealing with now days. The caption is:

What part of an engine is this?
And should it be changed out?
View attachment 1716137043
Yea, this place is lacking in tech. I asked what grit sandpaper to sand my rotors with. #80-120-220 old use DA sandpaper frpm.friends body shop and a 2x4. No one gave any tech.
I was forced to order The best new Raybestos E-Coated ones they sell! Since i could not restore mine to like new.
A while back a guy asked if there was anything he could use ti make his tires new again nice and soft as were like new tread but were hard. No one on Moparts could help. The whole internet sucks now.
I think the thread was straight forward "how to rejuvenate tires"

Yea, this place is lacking in tech. I asked what grit sandpaper to sand my rotors with. #80-120-220 old use DA sandpaper frpm.friends body shop and a 2x4. No one gave any tech.
I was forced to order The best new Raybestos E-Coated ones they sell! Since i could not restore mine to like new.
A while back a guy asked if there was anything he could use ti make his tires new again nice and soft as were like new tread but were hard. No one on Moparts could help. The whole internet sucks now.
I think the thread was straight forward "how to rejuvenate tires"
You could glue some course emery cloth on the pads and drive it for a couple weeks. Should do it. lol
Let me know the next time you need a little help. lol :D

I've bought and sold here since I became a member. I've never had any problems buying parts and pieces with any of our members. I've also not had any problems with the members buying from me. I mark the post with "PM sent" and send a PM telling them that I'll take whatever they have posted. As far as selling goes, I ask the buyer for their shipping address, go to the Post Office to get a shipping quote and notify the buyer. So far no one has ghosted me, maybe I've just been lucky so far.

Thphhhh - The part for sale are mine until the person pays for them. He who comes up with the funds to pay for them first owns them and not until they’re paid for.

If you contact me for a part, it’s yours when I get the funds. Until then, someone else who can pay for them before you will own the part.

IF! You’re a long standing member I’m good with & you want time to pay, I’ll give you that time, but, at the end of that time period, if I’m not paid, next in line has the shot.

Ether you have the cash or don’t.
If you don’t have the cash, perhaps you should wait until you do.
If you broker a wait time deal on the part, don’t be upset when YOU FAIL to have the cash to purchase the part and loose it to another member.

First come first serve.

-
Back