Some people... (B-body owner of course)

-
Funny i have bought plenry og cars and parts off craiglist for years...never had a prob..bouhht this last nite fact red/red 68 dart 270 hardtop..and cheap!

i just "disagree" just because i cant get what i want

I had a customer tell me he used to own a Barracuda with a hemi. I asked what year?..he said 68...lol. ... I asked what color? He said white...except the fenders and hood which were black cuz they were fiberglass...NOW HE HAD MY ATTENTION !
Turns out his last name was Mcdowell and the car was the Gentle Ben Hemi SS car !

It was craigslist....i emalied the guy bout ten times finally got a reply...
Bought it on the spot..and got these thrown in!...persistance is the key!

20180417_181008.jpg

Yes, my comment about B-body guys was all in good fun, no harm meant.
And as others have suggested I did congratulate him on his nice car and left it at that. There was no confrontation or calling bs on his lack of knowledge.
I did leave it at that though. He was a bit arrogant in his attitude and fairly stand off-ish so I paid for what I wanted and was on my way.

Yep bought if off my brother when he didn't want it any more, funny thing is its a 72 plymouth satellite, thought it was ugly at first but then grew on me, have had it since I was 16 with a 360 in it original 318 car, now has a warmed up 440

I did leave it at that though. He was a bit arrogant in his attitude and fairly stand off-ish so I paid for what I wanted and was on my way.
Totally reasonable. Got to assess the situation and decide what to do.

And you've heard of the "big block" 318 right? Then of course there's the RB 383.
Confusion can happen.

Lol.
One day I drove my Barracuda to the local Speedway gas station and had a guy (guessing around the same age) start telling me who I got my car from and rattling off about it. I explained how he was wrong and told him of the previous owner as well as two others prior. He was insistent I was wrong and he remembers everything about my car. In lieu of the awkward argument at the gas station I just let it and him go.
BTW, It was in fact another Barracuda, a '68 that he was thinking of, but he refused to believe he was wrong.

Reminds me of a guy walking up to my hemi belvedere, one time at the dragstrip, and telling me right off the bat that he built my car. I said really, he said he used to work for Jim Hale, when he built it. I had to explain that my first wife bought the car new as a 66 belvedere, we changed it to a 67 and put the hemi in it. A friend that "I owe a ton to" , helped "big time, " tubbing it, and did all the welding on it.

Took my 69 Dart Convertible to Discount tires yesterday, "Car" guy, "what year is your GTO"? :BangHead::wtf: And he works on cars!!!

I can’t fault a guy like that too much. Sure, he doesn’t really understand...but at least he still has a passion to keep the old car going. The more he tries, the more he learns.

It’s really on those of us who do understand these cars to help teach those that don’t know...and keep the passion alive.

It’s too easy to look down our nose and let the passion of another budding enthusiast die because we know more than they do and choose not to educate.

After all, who will be left to teach when we walk away?
Isn't that a George Jones song?

If it helps you disagree I have bought alot through the years off Craigslist. Several 8 3/4 axles also. One of the A body ones was complete for 400 bucks drum to drum for a 2 hour drive.

If it helps you disagree I have bought alot through the years off Craigslist. Several 8 3/4 axles also. One of the A body ones was complete for 400 bucks drum to drum for a 2 hour drive.

ha!
i too bought a 8 3/4 off the list once, but mine was, 300 dollars, drum to drum AND includes 7 lugnuts
that does make me feel better

The B body 8 3/4 I bought drum to drum was 100 dollars but did not have lug nuts.
by the time i added a chop saw and a welder to that hundred bucks, to make it fit my duster, i dont think it would have been a good investment

I pulled the center then put the rest back on the list and sold it for 150 dollars.

why dont we do this, why dont you buy two used tahoes, give me the third row seats, and sell the rest at a profit?

why dont we do this, why dont you buy two used tahoes, give me the third row seats, and sell the rest at a profit?
I have been looking but can only find pickups at around 1000 but Tahoes double that. I do like the look of the 2wd ones lowered.

last winter i was able to squeeze the entire family in the bronco (plowtruck)
2 weeks ago we had another little one so no way we all fit now

the tahoe/yukon third row seats fit within the broncos rollcage, and have seatbelts build in so they would be perfect to add a 3rd row to the bronco (and replace the 2nd row so it doesnt look to cobbled together)

so thats all i need them for

last winter i was able to squeeze the entire family in the bronco (plowtruck)
2 weeks ago we had another little one so no way we all fit now

the tahoe/yukon third row seats fit within the broncos rollcage, and have seatbelts build in so they would be perfect to add a 3rd row to the bronco (and replace the 2nd row so it doesnt look to cobbled together)

so thats all i need them for
There are 3 yards over here called Parts-Galore that you can check inventory online and parts are cheap. I just dont know if you want to drive 2 1/2 hours to get one.

There is a local yard which claims they got one, for 60 bucks
I've just haven't had time to check it

Had a real nice 70' Buick GS few years ago, can't tell you how many people said "Hey, very nice Chevelle, had one like that back in the day, only mine was red." ..I smiled and thought, yeah and it was a Chevelle

Had a real nice 70' Buick GS few years ago, can't tell you how many people said "Hey, very nice Chevelle, had one like that back in the day, only mine was red." ..I smiled and thought, yeah and it was a Chevelle
Better than a Novadart. lol

-
Back