Some tracks are using the downtime wisely

-
I was thinking the same thing about Disneyland in CA. They have only been fully closed about 2 days since opening, all the maintenance and updating they must be doing. They probably can get a years worth done in one week of being closed

And keeping paychecks flowing. Hard to keep good Drag racin employees.
:usflag: M E R I C A ! ! ! :usflag:

My buddy leases Keystone and I really feel sorry for him. He owns several businesses just to get by and even with a closed track there is weekly work that still needs to be done. Just the grass cutting alone would be a pain in the azz.

Good to see they have pride in there track and are eager to keep there employees paid and have something to do as well
I give it a 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mother nature still has control over our track.
Snow has all but melted away, but the dirt is still soft...............And ol Mother says she is going to snow on us tomorrow.:(

FA40D922-CCB6-42F6-B09E-6F6465447E81.png
We had a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground this morning. More snow predicted for next week.

Yup, altho we haven't seen 60 degrees, look like were are in similar climate
hope to be able to start at the track in the next couple week, which mean i need to get my front end back together and to the alignment shop.

My buddy leases Keystone and I really feel sorry for him. He owns several businesses just to get by and even with a closed track there is weekly work that still needs to be done. Just the grass cutting alone would be a pain in the azz.

How about volunteers once a week to get the unavoidable stuff done?

How about volunteers once a week to get the unavoidable stuff done?

Ya I’m sure that would help and be appreciated but many like myself are hiding out at home. I went shopping 17 days ago for food and may go again tomorrow. My only other trips out have been for some nice quiet walks in a secluded area.

We have a work day planned for this weekend (if it isn't cancelled) to help the track replace a few sections of guardrail posts. Out go the wood, in go the metal posts. I think it's needed to run 1/4 mile NHRA races. Our Mopar club is donating the labor to help with our Mopar Max race weekend in the fall.

67085746_10157405655144133_7318806825673949184_n (1).jpg

We have a work day planned for this weekend (if it isn't cancelled) to help the track replace a few sections of guardrail posts. Out go the wood, in go the metal posts. I think it's needed to run 1/4 mile NHRA races. Our Mopar club is donating the labor to help with our Mopar Max race weekend in the fall.

View attachment 1715507031
That's a nice looking facility. What track is it?

-
Back