Somebody’s 340 is getting woke up!

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 4 speed 340 Demon is about to wake up a bit.
These just arrived today. Almost too pretty to put on the car!:usflag:
F9272E9E-B256-4544-A06D-36976657696F.jpeg
B43BFB32-16FC-4279-BE5C-052EEBFD5A88.jpeg

Mine fit like a glove - 360/904. It will be interesting to see how they fit your 4 speed.

Are these like the TTI headers or do they hang low like the hookers?
They ....I’m not sure to be honest.
I’m installing a new cam on Saturday- once broken in then installing. I will know better then. Since Doug’s are a very good brand, I will assume they sit higher up.

Most any header is good except the old design where 3 tubes go under the steering linkage.

On my son's valiant we did NOT have to take the suspension loose. (Despite what the instructions say.) We jacked the engine up a little and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left on one side, and all the way to the right on the other and slid them right up and in. That was with a 727 though, You may at least try it. Some times it pays to be lazy....

Well passenger side done. Engine had to almost come out of the car, I had to drop and tank apart steering linkage, remove 90 degree adapter and cut the nub off the passenger side of my 4 speed bell housing.
They fit excellent but a lot more had to come apart than I expected. I love manifolds for a reason. Let’s hope these exceed my expectations. Any A-body with V-8 and headers is tough unless you lower car onto k member with engine bolted up. Then it’s real easy. Okay- off to the drivers side and another shot of whiskey.

Shot (or two of Jameson) down. Drivers header went in soooo much smoother than Passenger. Mini starter out, left clutch linkage together. Both motor mounts lower nuts off. Steering center link removed. Safety chain from head to k member unbolted. Plugs and wires off. Jacked up the engine and header slipped right in place.
I reassembled and of course did the ole “open header rev.” Next door to my shop is an American Legion. They were doing an outdoor band even the singer over the speaker system was like, “whoa! Somebody is making some serious horsepower over there.”

Now to hook up the headers to TTI system so I can see how lean my carb really is. Another day. Very long days - I’m exhausted. Trying to ready the car for MoPars at the Valley Sept 13th 2020 Lebanon Valley New York. One last track run before disassembly for the rotessory Restoration.

-
Back