Somebody get the spelling police !

-
He might have had any of the above and that is what it is.
This kind of reminds me of a when a smoker quits, and then starts bitching about other people smoking.

I know, I know, Ignore list right? :D

Smart @$$.

am I too seriously understand that this thread has been turned into people making fun of people with disabilities?!I'll be the first to admit I can't spell my way out of a wet paper bag, but on the other hand I can go back and proofread and put commas where they belong and check spelling. And as a matter of fact pretty much everything I post I do voice command on my phone with, but again so it makes some sense.I'm going to go with everybody was bored and just poking some fun for fun shake. Not making fun of people with disabilities!

am I too seriously understand that this thread has been turned into people making fun of people with disabilities

Not even.
It was only ever about people who post ad's that almost can't be read.

am I too seriously understand that this thread has been turned into people making fun of people with disabilities?!I'll be the first to admit I can't spell my way out of a wet paper bag, but on the other hand I can go back and proofread and put commas where they belong and check spelling. And as a matter of fact pretty much everything I post I do voice command on my phone with, but again so it makes some sense.I'm going to go with everybody was bored and just poking some fun for fun shake. Not making fun of people with disabilities!

That's cool.

On a side note, you ever known somebody from the SOUTH that tried one of them voice command deals? Lemmie just say for the record, they DON'T work for us. LOL

Although the add poster did take a couple of hits I didn't really fall for the idea this thread wasbusy bashing the Spanish, or stroke victims, or people injured in the war, the retarded, or any of that stuff. I was raised by Italians, and although they spoke a decent version of English their Italian was far better than mine.

I have a job that is fairly easy to do. Anybody who even pretended in school could probably do it. So why is it that fifty percent of the adults, right off the top, in Detroit cannot even do my job? Add to that repeat offenders, drunks, drug addicts, the neurotic, the psychotics, people who by nature may just not have the ability, the afraid, the physically handicapped, and host of other problems, who is going to work? I'm not trying to dis the folks with mental or physical handicaps, just trying to show that the workforce is very limited and the able bodied, who had every chance, give or take, chose to become adults who not only had no skills, but no means to aquire them.Even if they could I'm not sure it would help without first teaching them to read and write.

in my humble opinion, our society has developed many problems over the decades due , in a large part, to the gov't. welfare. its great to help people in need. but then the need becomes how to get the loafers off welfare and make your own way in life?
pregnancy. people meet and marry, have a job. get a puppy. later consider a family once you have real steady income ????? you don't have a baby, unwed, no job, and expect the rest of the country to support your family?
education. with the school system we have, anyone with average or below intelligence should at least be able to learn to read and write. perhaps the problem is parents and the "soft" life that society has created??? give a 12 year old a shovel and let him dig a ditch ALL day, and explain without an education, just maybe that will be his vocation!??? after a few days of such, perhaps education would take on a different meaning????
disability checks? how many people do you know that receive a S S disability check that can hold down a meaningful job? its totally out of hand.

spelling was never my strong point. sat down early in the spelling bees! LOL back in the 60's, no one ever heard of dyslexic (spelling?) ADD or whatever its called. i'm probably dyslexic. I flip over letters, numbers, even try to turn the wrench backwards ( yes I know better). I made it thru college. point is, something is wrong if people can at least learn to read and write??????

What was Weird Al Yankovics parody of Blurred Lines called? Oh, yeah, Word Crimes. It's all about grammar and punctuation, pretty funny.

in my humble opinion, our society has developed many problems over the decades due , in a large part, to the gov't. welfare. its great to help people in need. but then the need becomes how to get the loafers off welfare and make your own way in life?
pregnancy. people meet and marry, have a job. get a puppy. later consider a family once you have real steady income ????? you don't have a baby, unwed, no job, and expect the rest of the country to support your family?
education. with the school system we have, anyone with average or below intelligence should at least be able to learn to read and write. perhaps the problem is parents and the "soft" life that society has created??? give a 12 year old a shovel and let him dig a ditch ALL day, and explain without an education, just maybe that will be his vocation!??? after a few days of such, perhaps education would take on a different meaning????
disability checks? how many people do you know that receive a S S disability check that can hold down a meaningful job? its totally out of hand.

spelling was never my strong point. sat down early in the spelling bees! LOL back in the 60's, no one ever heard of dyslexic (spelling?) ADD or whatever its called. i'm probably dyslexic. I flip over letters, numbers, even try to turn the wrench backwards ( yes I know better). I made it thru college. point is, something is wrong if people can at least learn to read and write??????

I see plenty of guys in my trade that have trouble with grammar. It's not about welfare or the government. People just care less about it. I think PART of the problem is how casual people are becoming communicating electronically. They get used to throwing together some words in a text or friendly email and this causes them to more and more things slip into professional communication. Heck the other day I was emailing someone who makes pool heaters since our heat exchange went out after six months. The email I got back was just amazing. This wasn't a old timer who wasn't good with a computer, not sayying that's an excuse. He was a young guy that I am sure just could care less.

Who knows what the real explanation is but hopefully on fabo things will stay somewhat resonable. This site actually isn't as bad as some others I am on but I still end up not reading a few things a day.

I still need a carby next to my dizzy because my Mani has a cracky in my chally from my tires getting smoky on the roady

In the originally posted ad, reading through it, it seems to me more of a case of English possibly not being his first language. We have a LOT of Canadians on this site who do very well, but also use incorrect words and phrasing, yet we all understand them.

We also have other members whose first language is not English and you'd never know it. Rani comes to mind.

The ad, while incorrect, is understandable. Yall never know someone's situation, yet some of you sure are quick to jump in and judge. I think some of yall should find other things to do rather than laughing at other people like a bunch of low lifes.

Wow,

Isn't this like the Pot calling the Kettle 'BLACK'.

Shouldn't you practice what you preach.

Have you ever texted and seen what phones do with auto-correct?

Will make really intelligent people look incredibly stupid.

Them smart phones aren't so smart!

I see plenty of guys in my trade that have trouble with grammar. It's not about welfare or the government. People just care less about it. I think PART of the problem is how casual people are becoming communicating electronically. They get used to throwing together some words in a text or friendly email and this causes them to more and more things slip into professional communication. Heck the other day I was emailing someone who makes pool heaters since our heat exchange went out after six months. The email I got back was just amazing. This wasn't a old timer who wasn't good with a computer, not sayying that's an excuse. He was a young guy that I am sure just could care less.

Who knows what the real explanation is but hopefully on fabo things will stay somewhat resonable. This site actually isn't as bad as some others I am on but I still end up not reading a few things a day.

Many people put little effort into their own education and worse their children's education.

Randomly ask 100 seniors in HS who gave the Gettysbug Address... you'll be amazed at the answers!

It isn't about spelling. It is about putting a little effort into making yourself understood. Lazy teenagers typically say "you know what I mean" because it is too hard to help the listener, who doesn't know what "that thing", "over there", or such means. My wife is often like that, so I just wait until she puts in more effort. If someone doesn't care enough to try, I care even less about prying it out of them. How many times do we play "20 questions" with people who ask for help here, but don't state the year, engine, and other relevant details? After 19 questions, they finally provide "it is a 96 Ford diesel truck" or such. If advertising, you are only hurting yourself if you aren't clear.

It isn't about spelling. It is about putting a little effort into making yourself understood. Lazy teenagers typically say "you know what I mean" because it is too hard to help the listener, who doesn't know what "that thing", "over there", or such means. My wife is often like that, so I just wait until she puts in more effort. If someone doesn't care enough to try, I care even less about prying it out of them. How many times do we play "20 questions" with people who ask for help here, but don't state the year, engine, and other relevant details? After 19 questions, they finally provide "it is a 96 Ford diesel truck" or such. If advertising, you are only hurting yourself if you aren't clear.

I'm pretty much the same way about that crap. :D

Misspelling is often an advertising gimmick. Good example I noticed recently, ( other than your drawing attention to what you saw ), A local place that sells metal buildings has one of those signs that require physical attaching each letter. Sign says " BUILT TO YOURE PLANS". Yes a person placed an extra E on the sign. That one letter draws longer thought and more attention than flashing lights.
I wont come right out and say "You wuz played". LOL
What's even more hilarious to me is some trying to place blame on the government. I don't know if Duz for dishes is still on the store shelves. Without teachers ( stem from government ) we would all spell does Duz.

...its been pruven that yu only nede halph uv the letturs correkt to get yore message acrost!
this kan be tough on Inglish buffs.

Wow,

Isn't this like the Pot calling the Kettle 'BLACK'.

Shouldn't you practice what you preach.

Yes Lol ! It came from the same guy that wanted to turn an old man's look at a girl in the grocery store into a rape case.

Yes Lol ! It came from the same guy that wanted to turn an old man's look at a girl in the grocery store into a rape case.

No I didn't. I was simply making a comparison. Damn.

I am so happy to see this. Every time I comment about poor spelling or grammar I get flamed.

But I was an English major and am a complete grammar Nazi. I just cant type to save my own ***.

-
Back