Something learned from the necessities of bachelor cooking

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I have no idea when this happened, ,maybe, 10? years ago. I wanted some popcorn and tried popping it with "extra virgin" olive oil

..........On a side note I've never understood that term. Where I come from male or female, you are either a virgin or you are not. So how can something be "extra" virgin?........

Anyhow, I pop it withe enough oil to pretty much submerge the corn, and be careful of the heat

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I don't add ANYTHING, no salt, no butter, NOTHING.

It’s the first run press of the olives. There is a lot of 2nd and 3rd press oils on the market sold and priced as first press. Other food products like maple syrup, fish, coffee and chocolate have a lot of cartel operations behind the products. Yep, just not drugs...

Extra virgin olive oil is from olives with over protective dads.... :D

You don't want slutty olive oil...

Here’s a trick I learned when I was a bachelor……… and a virgin.
Single slice of pizza.
Lay your toaster on it’s side, push the button down, slide it in. Hot and crispy.
Not limp like microwave

Single slice of pizza.
Lay your toaster on it’s side, push the button down, slide it in. Hot and crispy.
Not limp like microwave

LOLOL

I have no idea when this happened, ,maybe, 10? years ago. I wanted some popcorn and tried popping it with "extra virgin" olive oil

..........On a side note I've never understood that term. Where I come from male or female, you are either a virgin or you are not. So how can something be "extra" virgin?........

Anyhow, I pop it withe enough oil to pretty much submerge the corn, and be careful of the heat

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I don't add ANYTHING, no salt, no butter, NOTHING.
Fresh ground black pepper on popcorn, good snacking.

AND NOW ANOTHER ANNOYING STORY from the old days

You know how "guys" are right? They get together, 2 or more, more the better, and pretty soon the thing "just goes off the rails"

When I went to Navy electronics school in 68 at Treasure Island we had one HELL of an awesome amateur radio club. "At some point" around the workbench fire, somebody knew about cooking hot dogs. You take probes and stick them in the ends, and hook the probes up the 120V AC. We did this a few times until one of us "wondered" IF YOU MIGHT BE electoplating the hot dog WITH THE HEAVY METALS that might be present in the probes

"Ronco" or somebody used to market one of these---used POT METAL probes!!!

This is not the version I remember

Guaranteed, one of the guilty parties. This is George, the original owner of what would be my 70 440-6 RR, this is WAY before I met him. No idea who the guy wearing blues was

Burton.jpg

No idea who or when this was, but this is the "guilty workbench"

work%20bench.jpg

Single slice of pizza.
Not limp like microwave

Well, you learned how to lay something back when you were a virgin!

Grilled twinkies when i was single in my auto school days! I figure what the hey they deepfry twinkies, why not grill them! it was faaaantastic!!!

-
Back