source for LA silicone bypass hoses

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be out of the cop car silicone bypass hoses for a LA smallblock. Does anyone know of a current source?

Yep, all say not available at this time...
boosville on that. might have to go old school and just ring up a bunch of parts departments with the PN and see if somebody has one collecting dust on the shelf.

or pay thru the nose off flea-bay...

yep, but you know somebody out there on FABO has 20 of them in a box on their shelf - I posted a want ad here too...

Email Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action. He stocks tons of that stuff.

They were still available at the Dodge store a couple years back.
$100 on ebay?? Lmao, that's a joke. I think I paid $15-20??

WOW - 2013 4S ad. Nice to know he is here.

I remember when that screen name popped up.

I recall my Dak had a blue bypass hose that looked like silicone. Might still be available...?

No idea on the PN, application was a 95 Dakota Sport with a 318.

Goodyears silicone hose used to be a light blue in color, but after years of age and heat, they would turn a brownish color. I never did really care for them. But they were pure silicone and needed the special clamps that had the backing that covered the worm gear holes. this is so the silicone doesn't extrude out of the holes. The real solid silicone hoses cut real easy. The black hoses that have been around for a while, just have that orange silicone liner with the regular black cover.

The package that Rick Ehrenberg used to sell on eBay had those special clamps that don't damage the hose.

I still can't find them anywhere. The real Mopar ones don't even need the special clamp because the outside black layer is rubber and the red/orange silicone interior never touches the clamp. I can't find these on Ehrenberg's site, but he does have high quality rubber versions. Still hoping someone runs across a source. If I find one I'll post it here.

Guess what?

20240121_173453.jpg

20240121_173501.jpg

The blue hose are one off, hoses. They were called blue peroxide and had a nomax knit cord in them. The standard black hose had or has a rayon cord in them. These blue hose were better than the black but supposedly not as good as the silicone hose. I always liked these darker blue over the light blue silicone hose. I had a few of these blue hose specially made before they moved hose production to Mexico. I figured I would throw a few people for a loop on this one.

-
Back