source for studs

-

64gt

Reaction score
call me lazy, but I haven't been able to find a source for wheel studs for my 64 dart GT V8. stock drums L/H and R/H
I think my searching is not so good
thanks for any help
Alan

The problem is not your searching. LH studs aren't available anymore. Time to switch to RH thread studs, available at any parts store.

I had just come to that solution, thanks for the reply.
alan

Dorman makes LH thread lug studs and nuts. I got the ones for my drum brake 66 Dart from a Van's Auto Parts in Austin, TX.

One of the problems I encountered was that most tire technicians were clueless about LH thread studs. (None of them looked at the stud to see the L stamped onto the stud. Too subtle.) I would stand on the driver's side of the car and insist that the person removing the tires set their pneumatic guns to tighten the lug nuts. Imagine their surprise when the lug nuts loosened!

If you're not ready to be a vulture about the driver's side lugs, this seems like a good time to change to RH lugs and studs. I won't be worrying when it's time to replace the hides on the Demon because it already has RH threads. The only reason I can see for retaining the LH studs would be to retain 100% originality for concours type judging.

NAPA...and switch all to RH
Advance has chrome lug kits with 1 locking for about 23.00
(take a RH with you to fit on their stud display and it tells you which
set to get by color)

-
Back