Space Saver Spare

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I found a tire from a 02-04 Infiniti I35 which has the 5x4.5 bolt circle. The spare is 135/90/16 which comes to a 25.6".

My current tires are 245/45/17 which come to 25.7".

Two questions:

1. Will the space saver fit into the spare tire well flush?

2. Will I have any trouble with my Suregrip, if I needed to use that spare?

1. Can't say for sure- a tape measure is your best bet!
2. No, a tenth of an inch won't matter, especially for the amount of time and speed that you'd want to run a spacesaver.
** Make sure the center bore on that Infiniti spare is big enough for a Mopar hub. I have read that a spacesaver spare from a Lincoln fits both the hub and the spare tire well.

I use a space saver spare from a Jeep Cherokee. Not the current model, but the earlier ones. Think 1990's or so.
4.5 B.P. and it clears my 73-76 A-body front discs and 10 X 2-1/2 rear drums. Think I paid $10 at a junkyard for a never used rim and tire. Fits the a body spare tire well and the masonite tire cover fits flush with the trunk floor.

I use a space saver spare from a Jeep Cherokee. Not the current model, but the earlier ones. Think 1990's or so.
4.5 B.P. and it clears my 73-76 A-body front discs and 10 X 2-1/2 rear drums. Think I paid $10 at a junkyard for a never used rim and tire. Fits the a body spare tire well and the masonite tire cover fits flush with the trunk floor.

What size is the tire?

1. Can't say for sure- a tape measure is your best bet!
2. No, a tenth of an inch won't matter, especially for the amount of time and speed that you'd want to run a spacesaver.
** Make sure the center bore on that Infiniti spare is big enough for a Mopar hub. I have read that a spacesaver spare from a Lincoln fits both the hub and the spare tire well.

Another member posted about the Infiniti, but it was a G35. He had to barely open up the hub register with a dremel. I'll have to compare the I35 opening. I'll see if I can find the lincoln specs.

What size is the tire?
Sorry don't remember, car is in storage now. Whatever came in a 90's Cherokee. I consider it for emergency use only. Something to get off the Interstate, not drive hundreds of miles. It has a Sure Grip that can probably handle mismatched tire diameters for a short while. Wouldn't matter so much on the front. I'm running 215-60xX15 all around.

-
Back