Speed Channel is gone in the US

-
I have Velocity, and to be honest, i watch it more frequently than I watched Speed, so, while I understand the angst in losing a good gear head network, I'm not overly bothered.

Velocity could be next. :eek:)

The race is on ESPN now because that is the how the contract is handled.Fox has a contract to show so many races then ESPS shows some and also TNT. Next race will be on ABC because the same company owns them and ESPN.NASCAR switched to ESPN several races ago.

My point is they are claiming to show NASCAR, they did not.

Well they changed the schedule so I removed link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports-schedule

Only watch the car shows on fox. When ever anyting else is on switch channels. Maybe they will get the hint.

Fox shows the first 16 races..espn...tbs..show the remainder of the season...and abc owns espn...

near year..2014..fox will have 16 races...then NBC sportschannel will have the remainder of the season..not NBC over the air waves...NBS SPortschannel on cable..or satellite.

Fox sports1 will now cover Lucas Oil Pro Motocross as well as Monster Energy Supercross. It will be easier than chasing it around across channels moto to moto.

Yep, It sucks but they REALLY think that we need a THIRD all sports network.

Just wait, there will be like 8 of 'em...

espn 8 the ocho

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50jVa25gmWs"]ESPN "the Ocho" - YouTube[/ame]

We must be talking about 2 different things....I'm talking about the actual race.All that stuff in your link were pre race shows which were all on as scheduled.

Well, I assumed, and we all know about that, lmao. I assumed when they had the listing for the Michigan deal at 10 or 11 that it would be a pre race and then into the actual race.

Anyway it's a garbage channel for me.. I was thinking about switching to Dish and they have also dropped the Speed channel.

It seems quite a few people are disgruntled.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/fan...ty-upset-about-the-arrival-of-fox-sports-1/#0

The article has literally hundreds of comments that more or less say the same thing: “We want Speed, we don’t want Fox Sports 1.” This is a heretofore unheard sentiment that caught us by surprise.

It's funny that they would make this observation. No one asked if we (that preferred Speed) wanted the change.

I called the cable company they told me it is still available in Canada. But not in the US. FOX1 Sucks They were the ones to take it off. Now I will not watch Fox networks at all.

I'm not gonna miss it. When i was highschool it was a great network with a variety of interesting programs.

Then it became the nascrap and bad reality tv network.

Apparently sports is where the money is or this wouldn't have happened. I didn't watch that channel much any way. And I used to really like velosity but that channel is beginning to suck also.

Some one in the upper class didn't get a free pit pass so now we all have to suffer. Its a government take over ploy. Every body needs to get a AR15. Shoot your TV That'll show-em .

Yeah well maybe I'll get something done at home now.

Yup, I miss watching Pass Time as well as some other stuff there.....now it's all lame *** sports here....rather have a root canal than watch sports :banghead:

Nice move Fox.........

Yup, I miss watching Pass Time as well as some other stuff there.....now it's all lame *** sports here....rather have a root canal than watch sports :banghead:

Nice move Fox.........

we didn`t get the drag racing, at least it wasn`t recorded-------
don`t watch nascrap anymore, since fiat pulled chrysler out,-bob:finga:

Love sports, hate Nascar. The original Speed channel, was sweet . Lost drive in anything ,Dave Despain. Miss the Vintage stuff.

Fox Sports has owned SPEED since 2001. That's who turned it from Speedvision to SPEED. The change had been announced over a year ago. That's why they had the double network logo in the upper right corner. The move had nothing to do with the popularity of SPEED. It was the fees your cable company was paying for the networks. ESPN gets over a dollar of your cable bill every month. SPEED was getting about 25 cents. ESPN reaches 110 million subscriber homes, while SPEED was reaching 87 million. Converting to "stick and ball" more than doubled the fees Fox Sports was getting from your cable company. This was purely a business decision on the part of Fox Sports ...and a sensible one when you think about it.

Canadian viewers are still getting SPEED because Fox Sports does not have permission from the CRTC to convert to Fox Sports 1. They probably never will get it because TSN and Rogers Sportsnet would block them and they hold conflicting rights to many of the same events... I think this was something the Fox Sports Exec's didn't think about when they made the change. Now they're just holding onto the broadcast channel until they can figure out what to do with it. They may partner with someone. Or, they could create SPEED Canada. Fox launched a very successful model in Australia a couple years ago. Look for them to try the same thing in Canada soon.

We're NOT going away! Chop Cut Rebuild is moving to MAVTV. Starting in October, you can catch CCR four times a week.

MAVTV is a new independent network owned by Lucas Oil. Most of the Lucas racing shows you see on other networks are on MAVTV or will be moving to MAVTV once their contracts have expired.

MAVTV is available to Dish, Direct, and many regional cable companies... Let your cable company know you want it. Call them, write them, do whatever you need to make them aware of the network and its programming.

I'm very pleased to be moving to this new network. I've been around since the original Speedvision and the feel of MavTV is very much like those early days. It will take a few months for them to completely transition to motorsports and automotive programming. But, it will get there soon. MavTV has already acquired Gearz and My Classic Car. They have taken a pass on the "reality" ;-) type shows... That's going to be more of a Velocity thing.

BTW, automotive programming on SPIKE will be gone in 2014.

-
Back