Speedhut Gauges

-
bringing an old one up.

does anyone have problems with the inverters? I have the gauges wire up correctly. Since 3-4 years. All fine, but every year an inverter is shot. No clue why. Speedhut has aindeed a great service. They have sent already 2 times replacements for nada. To Germany! Now it happened again.

how sensitive are those inverters? Maybe the need a buffer or protection? Everything works great, just this damn inverter.....:(

Man that really blows to have that sort of issue. Mine hasn't crapped out yet. It's getting about 14.5 volts to it when the car is running which is a tad more than you have. I can't imagine it's voltage related if you're feeding it 14 volts, unless you're getting voltage spikes that are frying them?

I have not had any problems with mine yet either. The only thing Im not happy with is the back lighting on the gauges. The needles are bright but even with the headlight dimmer switch cranked up all the way and the inverter all the way up its very dim still. If I turn it down to dim the needle the back light is hardly visable.

I should probably contact Speedhut about it.

i am scared to tell them the inverter fried the 3rd time now. I really don't know whats wrong with my car or the inverter. about pikes i thought too but i have along to the 3rd gen hemi a sensitive MSD ignition box which would fry first or not?

e-mailed them yesterday and they responded after an hour. Sending 2 (!!!) new inverter 28V to me in germany. Thats an awesome and fast and incomplicated customer service.
Ok, in combination with faulty inverters but other companies wouldn't do that this way easy.

THUMBS UP!

e-mailed them yesterday and they responded after an hour. Sending 2 (!!!) new inverter 28V to me in germany. Thats an awesome and fast and incomplicated customer service.
Ok, in combination with faulty inverters but other companies wouldn't do that this way easy.

THUMBS UP!

No doubt they have great customer service. They changed out my back lighting for no charge on 7 gauges. I hope these inverters will last. If they don't, you're gonna have to start asking the wiring gurus here for help.

THUMBS UP!

Great new man!!

Just something I wanted to add here. If your car accelerates very fast, the GPS speedo won't keep up and will not give you the actual speed you're going. I am noticing this problem with mine. I let off the throttle after a hard run and the needle is still going up for another second or so before it starts dropping back down. I've brought up this issue to Speedhut and sent them a video. They said the speedo is functioning as it should but the car is too fast to keep up (I know what a horrible problem right?). They offered to have me send it in at no cost (except shipping) to speed up the needle, but it may result in a jumpy digital looking needle they said. They're supposed to send me a video of what it would look like sped up so we'll see. I may just leave it. I'm not paying attention to the speedo very much anyway when I'm in it hard. Mostly the road and rpm's.

Very interesting info and interesting fix they offer. If you can post the video you sent them and the one they send you that would be great.

As for mine I have not noticed it yet, but then again I have not been paying attention either.

Very interesting info and interesting fix they offer. If you can post the video you sent them and the one they send you that would be great.

As for mine I have not noticed it yet, but then again I have not been paying attention either.

You won't notice until you let off. Watch at the 0:40 mark. After I let off in 3rd the needle continues to climb. It's not significant but it's definitely noticeable. Keep in mind the car will run 10's at the track so it's no slouch. Make sure the quality setting is on 720 or 1080.

[ame]http://youtu.be/mxxMShVTXrs[/ame]

THUMBS UP!

guess what? the first of the new inverters quit working this weekend. gauges simply have no light. haven't seen it dying. It switches simply not on. And I really don't drive that much at nights.
I have 4 gauges on this inverter. Maybe it is too less? Maybe I should ask for inverters for each gauge?

I have no clue. the inverter got feed by the illumination ( plus ) cable from 2 remaining mechanical autometer gauges. I also have max 14.5 volts in the system. and I don't know how to check if the inverters are really dead.

Any ideas?

Check your wires , there is a problem , after 4 inverters I don't think the inverter is the problem

Check your wires , there is a problem , after 4 inverters I don't think the inverter is the problem

I say the same thing. I have 7 gauges on one inverter and no issues. If you've gone through that many now, there's something wrong in your electrical system. You might be getting voltage spikes at times causing it to fry the inverter?

guess what? the first of the new inverters quit working this weekend. gauges simply have no light. haven't seen it dying. It switches simply not on. And I really don't drive that much at nights.
I have 4 gauges on this inverter. Maybe it is too less? Maybe I should ask for inverters for each gauge?

I have no clue. The inverter got feed by the illumination (plus) cable from 2 remaining mechanical autometer gauges I also have max 14.5 volts in the system. and I don't know how to check if the inverters are really dead.

Any ideas?

I was curious about this, so I called for tech info...
1) Gauges are protected up to 18v spike, Tech Guy said there is
an clamping diode circuit built into the designs.
2) ALL lighting functions are L.E.D.

SEE BOLDING ABOVE

Are the autometer gauges back lighted by incandescent bulbs ?
---led/filament---wiring combo might be the issue.
Try taking the autometer gauges out of the loop.

Hope this helps.
~

will do following:
cutting the inverter harness output side ( new inverter ). making 2 connection points and route from there cables to each instrument with very sensitive fuses inside. Same for the feeder cable to the inverter. Because I suspect one of the instruments having a short/loose connector inside to the electroluminezens (EL) foils or badly cutted during fabrication. which fuses burns that instrument has a problem. Speedhut already told me to replace this instrument

Great support so far. Thumbs up! If I would be an american i would ship them to speedhut for inspection or replacement. But from here it is too expensive and would take forever... :(

Did anyone ever have problems calibrating their fuel gauges? It says hold the button for 10-12 seconds until the needle stops at the 1/8th mark. If I hold it for this 10-12 seconds it goes straight in to the full programmable mode where the gauge keeps sweeping from E to F.

Did anyone ever have problems calibrating their fuel gauges? It says hold the button for 10-12 seconds until the needle stops at the 1/8th mark. If I hold it for this 10-12 seconds it goes straight in to the full programmable mode where the gauge keeps sweeping from E to F.

That seems odd. How many times have you tried to set it? Pull power on them and try starting over. If it continues, you may have to make a call to Speedhut.

Guys I need help wiring my gauges fuel volt tach l&r signals oil and water idiot proof don't understand round connection from factory harness please help

That seems odd. How many times have you tried to set it? Pull power on them and try starting over. If it continues, you may have to make a call to Speedhut.

i did try it that way. with an empty and full tank :D never worked. Found out later that the restance is already pre adjusted. You just Need to Chose according to the Manual...

-
Back