Speedmaster 1.6 rockers

-
IQ52 (Jim Laroy) and Mike Liston (MRL) can tell you all about them. I don't think it's good, either.
I wonder if any builders are gonna chime in, we have one long time bracket racer using speedmaster rollers with good results.

I will try tomorrow to take a picture of the speedmaster rocker and a prw rocker....you have a hard time telling the difference between them....I had one of each in my hand today and had to keep an eye on them not to get them mixed up....

PRW has been stamping theirs , I guess people have been getting them mixed up or maybe they want to be able to tell the newer ones from the ones they sold back when they had the problem of the guy selling their rejects out the back door on ebay.

According to B3, the PRW rockers have a little higher quality machine work and casting. The roller tip axle is a little different too, then the Pro Comp/Speedmaster rockers. Of course the price reflects this too, the PRo Comps are less then half price of PREs. Mike said he's used the Pro comps on street engines under 6000 rpm without any issues. Of course If I DO break one, I'd never say it's Mike's fault! He was just telling me HIS experience. I'm gonna go with the 1.6 Pro Comp stainless rockers and have Mike build me a geometry kit. Hopefully they will live, and I'll have a rocker set and B3s kit for the price of just the PRW rockers without the geometry kit. Time will tell I guess

My-2 have you actually called Speedmaster themselves and ask them if they actually have the 1.6 rockers in stock? Because I did last year and they kept saying they are out and they're going to get some next month and next month and next month....
I just ended up getting Hughes rockers after I save my money up I'm happy with them, but I probably would have been fine with the speedmasters

every dis I read on those is the roller tip is not flat against the valve, you need to physically true them up. Also if they are true roller bearings on the shaft, the shaft needs to be hardened, if it does not apply, dont worry. I would rather run a brass bushing with full oil floating on a chrome shaft than rollers anyway. 3rd is stainless is not that strong compared to forged iron (Isky, 273 Mopar) but is usually not a factor , just an observation. 4th...They would be a great $150 rocker for mild to warm build assuming the trueness of the tips were satisfactory. Heck, they are new and shiny!

Here are the photos of the speedmaster stainless steel rockers and the stainless steel PRW rockers I have....no rollers are flat...no needle bearing...bushed..
The prw rockers came a big bag of shims...speedmaster came with studs for hold down shafts...prw has bolts...These Prw rockers are a couple of years old, the box is identical to the speedmaster except PRW has a big emblem on theirs.

20170216_144720_resized_1.jpg

20170216_144802_resized.jpg

20170216_144743_resized.jpg

20170216_145101_resized.jpg

The Rocker on the ride of the picture is the PRW...

You equally happy with both? What push rods did you use?

The Prw are still in the box....Speedmaster I used the stock pushrods...ball and ball ends.

I wonder if the check goes to the same place.

Think the push rods are gonna hit the tunnels with a low lift 444" cam?

Yup, I knew they get closer to the shaft, just wasn't sure how close the push rods get with a low lift cam. Heads are on the vehicle now and kinda wondering if I'm gonna have to pull them off to open up the push rod tunnels. If so I may just change cams. Like the idea of spending less then $200 and getting the roller rockers and a little more lift as long as it's not a giant hassle

I bet you neither one manufacturers them and they get them from the same source just like everything else they sell

Don't get me talking about PRW fabricated valve covers for the magnum. The most warped pieces of crap on the planet. I spent more than two hours surfacing them by hand. And that was the third set they sent me.

-
Back