Speedmaster heads revisited.

-
Really interested to see what they flow when done...

Ok roof has been raised, floor quickly hit to clean up casting and square up the corners, ugly ridge removed on shortside leading into the valve that I showed in the pictures above. (Each ridge 4, took 30 seconds each to remove) I would think they would do that. Valve guide shaping has been done. Pushrod wall has been pushed over the whole way to the bowl. I will work on this again after I take my head off my rotator so I can stand the head on its end. Gonna rough in the exhaust next them quit for the day.

668BCB8A-E218-44F0-94AC-FD76380B9E7B.jpeg

6C5307AE-3545-4925-85E8-5A675B65772E.jpeg

19181446-A3FA-4347-9D3A-97F287077C79.jpeg

1823F1AE-DCCC-45C3-9BD4-E8339DCCFD03.jpeg

2AF236B3-BA44-4332-96D1-A4F041317BDE.jpeg

so when you get to a different color metal in the port that's far enough, correct?
neil.

Yes Sir. You could use snap gauges that are real cheap at Harbor freight and my measurements above to let you know when to slow down. If you get carried away and damage one don’t sweat it. You can always drill it out and retube it after you are done.

Last edited:
so when you get to a different color metal in the port that's far enough, correct?
neil.
Lol, I reckon! But in all honesty I'd ask PBR personally before you took my word for that cuz i don't know. I'm too busy seeing how much of my stuff's been stolen out of my retired Sheriff Friend's backyard... Damn Crooks! So far $500 in fasteners and a 3-ton Craftsman floor jack and that's all that I know is missing there's probably more

Lol, I reckon! But in all honesty I'd ask PBR personally before you took my word for that cuz i don't know. I'm too busy seeing how much of my stuff's been stolen out of my retired Sheriff Friend's backyard... Damn Crooks! So far $500 in fasteners and a 3-ton Craftsman floor jack and that's all that I know is missing there's probably more

I hate thieves. They had the numbers of present and last year on cytalitic converters and the numbers were crazy.

I hate thieves. They had the numbers of present and last year on cytalitic converters and the numbers were crazy.
Thanks Brother John! I'm not wanting to pollute your thread with negativity but I hate them Bastards too! People just need to get off the freaking dope, Man, that crap is really ruining a good portion of our society.... you think you could go out to Central Florida and not be bothered, hell no there's Tweakers every freaking where!

I actually stress bout parking my car at work thinking i will come out and my cat will be gone...

I actually stress bout parking my car at work thinking i will come out and my cat will be gone...
Damn.... my buddy that's a mechanic for a big-time lawn care company this Nationwide said they come in there cut the fence and then hit a bunch of his trucks one night

Damn.... my buddy that's a mechanic for a big-time lawn care company this Nationwide said they come in there cut the fence and then hit a bunch of his trucks one night
yeah it's insane.. and i know my jeep would freak out if i just weld a pipe in

yeah it's insane.. and i know my jeep would freak out if i just weld a pipe in
My 01 Dakota with a 4.7, 5 started runnin like total ***.. well my old boss had a mechanic shop of his own for about 14 years, I gave him the symptoms, he said it sounds like your cats clogged. So I cut the Flowmaster off the back, along with the curved piped( it went over the axle) and took a 5/8 piece of rebar and a 3 lb baby Sledge and Reamed that catalytic converter out. Check it out on the Veterans Expressway flat-footed that mother I heard a big loud boom truck got loud then but it opened it right up unclogged the heck out of that! That was during the last recession and people were stealing copper off of houses from air conditioners and stealing catalytic converters I did not care about that I just wanted my damn truck to run properly

My 01 Dakota with a 4.7, 5 started runnin like total ***.. well my old boss had a mechanic shop of his own for about 14 years, I gave him the symptoms, he said it sounds like your cats clogged. So I cut the Flowmaster off the back, along with the curved piped( it went over the axle) and took a 5/8 piece of rebar and a 3 lb baby Sledge and Reamed that catalytic converter out. Check it out on the Veterans Expressway flat-footed that mother I heard a big loud boom truck got loud then but it opened it right up unclogged the heck out of that! That was during the last recession and people were stealing copper off of houses from air conditioners and stealing catalytic converters I did not care about that I just wanted my damn truck to run properly
yup, mines a 2018 though the newer computer would lose it's mind and do some limp mode ****

did you do all 8 that fast? I'm sure it didnt feel fast to you but that would be my entire day spent

-
Back