speedo cable

-

terryr

Reaction score
Ive taken the pushbutton out of my car in favour of a normal 904, was wondering what some of you guys done for a speedo cable, will a later one go on somehow, or do I need to get something made up

a cable from a 66 or 67 style -- might work-- they have threaded ends on them -- no clip ons. Rock auto sells them still (last time I checked) ,Lawrence

Another member posted that the cable he got from rockauto was longer. Correct length for A-body is 63 inches. Doesn't sound like a big deal but... There isn't a good way to route a much longer cable. The correct length cable is available from some vendor.
As for attaching a screw on type cable to a clip on style instrument or visa versa,
There is a plastic coupling for plastic tubing that will work. I saw this done once years ago. The end of the cable sheathe was modified. I'm thinking I would start with a cable that attached properly at the trans end. A cable for a 67 model A-body might work at both ends. Good luck

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-NEW-66-67-Speedometer-Cable-Fury-Belvedere-Valiant-Charger-Barracuda-/321429303089?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad6adef31&vxp=mtr[/ame]

What a great site, terryr should be on his knees. For those that haven't visited the ebay link I copy below. $30 w/ free shipping, what more could one want.

Fits all 1966 and 1967 (ONLY!) Mopar A, B, and C-body cars - all the cars with the thread-on fitting at both the transmission and speedo end. Will NOT fit with Auto-Pilot (speed control.)

Also the "fix" where a '66-up transmission (manual or automatic) has been retrofitted into '65-down vehicles.

Correct 63½" length overall

thanks again guys ,just ordered one ,another bit of the puzzle sorted

-
Back