speedo gear??

-

abodybill

Reaction score
first of all i been driving the gssdemon by tach for 5 years and finally put a speedo-cable in and now i know its off on the mph.

so can somebody tell me what # gaer i need?

here's what i got 245r6014 with a 3.55 gear.

thanks,
bill

chris just ordered from the dealer.

they had a 59 white in there no wonder everbody was passing me and i was lagging behind #-o

i was doing better running with the tac.

thanks chris.

Thanks Jack, is there a web site? or do you have the number? Is this a US or Canadian company.? I can get a good price as my wife works at a parts store, just want to make sure I am getting the right gear.8-[

Chris is one of the sponsers here. His add is usually on the right side of the page you are looking at. He is based in Colorado if memory serves me correct. Remember that the speedo gear you need is based on your rear gear and the tire size.
Post your tire diameter and I will find the gear you need. I have a bookmark here somewhere that takes you to the info.
I will try and find it for you and post the same.

Jack

Ok, now remember I have played alot of hockey and been hit in the head several times. I don't quite understand how/what I need to measure. "side wall thickness"? for example.:-k Remember keep the explanations simple:hockey:
This is the example from Jack's link.
Tire Size: 245/60/15
245mm/25.4mm = 9.64 Inches Section Width
9.64 in. X 60% = 5.79 in. Side Wall Thickness
5.79 in. X 2 = 11.57 in. Total Side wall height
11.57 in. + 15 in. (Rim Size) = 26.6 in. Diameter
So with this Tire Size and 3.91 Gears, I would use a 40 Tooth Speedometer gear.​
Thanks​

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Sparky, I was away.
Basicly this is how the tire thing works.

You have 245/60/15's

the 245 is the width of your tire. 245mm or 24.5cm or 9.646 inches
the 60 is the height of the sidewall expressed in % of tire width or 9.646 x .60= 5.787 inches.
the 15 is wheel height in inches.
so you have 5.787+5.787+15 = 26.57 inch tires

Use this number (26) and your gear size in the chart and you will see what speedo gear you need.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I think I will get myself the proper gear, it sure would be nice to know how fast I am actually going.
Went to a local show today and yup, day 18 of rain in June. Sheeat its been a wet month. Couldn't even go do some "performance indicators" due to wet roads...sheeesh...

-
Back