speedometer cable having a hard time

-

williaml

Reaction score
Finding one, ebay has them but how do you just email the seller to buy. I looked all around the website couldnt find the address. Not a big ebay person. Many offer a universal one do they work would rather heve an exact fit,

Thanks

Finding one, ebay has them but how do you just email the seller to buy. I looked all around the website couldnt find the address. Not a big ebay person. Many offer a universal one do they work would rather heve an exact fit,

Thanks
I'll have to look but I think I ordered mine from either advanced auto parts or autozone .

Check with the dealer first, then the aftermarket. Most resto suppliers have them. The problem with the universale ones that I have used is that the speedometer end was impossible to put on straight. The "correct" ones have the end of the cable squared with a ring crimped on.

Thanks
What car you need it for?
Details... I may have a new aftermarket one.

Do you have your old cable? If so, what length and what ends are on it? With this info I was able to locate a replacement in the parts book online. With that info I ordered it thru O'Reilly for local pickup. My app was from a 70's model Dodge truck, perfect fit.
C

How the cable attached at the trans and at the instrument changed in different years.
You will need the correct cable for pre 67 model.
If the ebay seller hasn't placed ask a question option in his listing, click his name to to go to his profile. You will find contact member button there. I hope that helps. some ebay sellers dont have a clue what thier parts fit. Good luck

williaml - here is a link to ATP, a speedo cable mfgr:
http://www.atp-inc.com/catalog/download.aspx

download the replacement parts catalog. It is a big download...
Go to the speedometer cable section and check out cables for old Dodge trucks. I did not see listings for Darts at all. When you find a "possible" fit, look at the pics and compare to what you need. I was able to find mine by doing this and it is a perfect fit with the correct ends. I was able to use the ATP number and cross reference it to a Pioneer # and ordered it from O'Reilly.
Good luck with it.
C

-
Back