Spitfire Headers

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Harold from Spitfire Headers called me today to let me know he'll be working on headers this weekend and should have mine shipped out by UPS on Monday if all goes well. $225 COD. He asked where I heard about his headers and I told him FABO/BBD.

I'm adding a little plug for him since he's is a viable option for the early a-body guys with manual steering. I can post his number if anyone is interested.

Dave

No way. They are still on the 340 convertible valiant. The spitfires are going onto the 66 hardtop valiant that has a 360 in it. I'll have experience with both now. I'm hoping they come in this week or next.

No way. They are still on the 340 convertible valiant. The spitfires are going onto the 66 hardtop valiant that has a 360 in it. I'll have experience with both now. I'm hoping they come in this week or next.

We all know you will poor mouth the TTIs already so might as well save your breath!

LOL!

Dave,

Can you post a few photos of them when they show up? I'd like to see the current design. I've got to get on Harold's list. I've decided not to mess with TTIs or Doug's.

I'm a picture ***** so yes I will post pictures of the headers and the install too since DJVCuda's great post lost all the pictures. Those were really good pics.

Ordered a set from Harold around 20 July. Called him ten days later and he said that they were done being welded up and "would be shipped tomorrow". Called and left a voicemail last week; no reply. Called yesterday and was told that he had welded the beads around the flanges and had to grind them flat. I'm a pretty patient guy as I don't need them for awhile but some of the earlier posts about his business practices might have a bit of truth to them.

Should have also mentioned that he may be working through some health issues in the family. Don't take my previous post as being cold hearted.

hmmmmm .... this guy was the subject of some lengthy discussion over on Slant Six.org a while back.
one of the threads
there were others,and a "spitfire" search should show them up.

be careful with your $$$$'s.

regards,Rod

hmmmmm .... this guy was the subject of some lengthy discussion over on Slant Six.org a while back.
one of the threads
there were others,and a "spitfire" search should show them up.

be careful with your $$$$'s.

regards,Rod

Paid my $$ in 2005, 3+ years & still no headers despite a dozen or so promises, most recently 2 months ago. What ever you do, make sure you use COD & have the patience of Jobe.

Yeah. Did the COD thing. Not holding my breath of course. We shall see.

I got a set from, great honest guy.I must have hit it just right. It only took 3 weeks for mine . Right before Christmas 2007. Order a head so you are not waiting on him.PS. He sent me mine before I paid. When I got them he siad send the money. That is unheard of these days. Will by another set down the road.

Left messages on his answering machine 3 days this week. No returned call yet. I think he's screening his calls and won't pick up now when he sees my caller ID. I'm going to borrow my neighbor's phone tomorrow.

I bought a set last year from him. Took a couple months to get them, but they looked and fit good, and he sent them COD, didn't want any money up front. I think hes' a pretty honest guy. JMO, Mike

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

How do they sound? Because they are un-equal length they must have a
different sound. They sure are better than stock manifolds. I can't wait for the install photos.
toolmanmike

When I got mine Harold said 2 months max. 2 months to Harold is almost a year.
He is a one man show and it is a nice product, so I just waited it out. But I did get them and paid up front.

You do have to twist on a different angle than stock to give the header more clearence but there is good clearence.

It's said that on that web for 3 or 4 years now. I would think that guy has his headers by now, or maybe not!

Yeah, I aware of the history of wait times. I'm not too worried right now but would like to get them soon. Hopefully within the next 3-4 weeks. We'll see I guess. I should call again to check up on him.

Talked to Harold Monday. He said 2 weeks for delivery. The COD cost is $250.00. I sent him $225.00 to avoid the $25.00 COD charge. Hope that I didn't mess up. Everything is on hold for the headers.

-
Back