Spool type K

-

coolbreeze

LoweLife
Reaction score
OK - I called about a car for parts. The guy says it has a Spool type K frame. What does this mean? Is it factory or aftermarket? Will a "Spool" K off a 65 fit a 64? What are the advantages?

OK - I called about a car for parts. The guy says it has a Spool type K frame. What does this mean? Is it factory or aftermarket? Will a "Spool" K off a 65 fit a 64? What are the advantages?
spool mount k members are '73 and later and the mounts are designed so that the engine cannot break away. they should fit '67+ cars.

True. You'll also have to use all the 73+ suspension parts as well.

I thought that the early stuff (+67) would bolt on, if you want the lbp discs you have to use the upper control arms with the large ball joints.

I thought that the early stuff (+67) would bolt on, if you want the lbp discs you have to use the upper control arms with the large ball joints.

You can run a 68-72 centerlink, small spline steering box, small spine pitman arm, and idler in a 73-76 A-body spool mount Kmember.

The 67 idler is stud mount and goes only with that unique 67 K-member.

You can do the reverse also: You can run a 73-76 centerlink, large spline steering box, large spline pitman arm, and idler in a 68-72 A-body biscuit mount Kmember.

I ran that for many years in my Barracuda until I converted to a spool mount Kmember

-
Back