Squareback alt field wires

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
im pretty sure I know how it needs to go back. Ughh. Does it matter which spade the green or Blue wires go back on the field spades? 73 Duster.

Just wait their is brief explanation. Blues is for and green generally is... LMAO
AJ I just joking.

Actually it should not matter. But on mine it sure did. If I remember correctly, a schematic I saw showed the wire going to the voltage regulator went to a specific lug on the alternator. I think it mentioned to watch the wiring. But once I hooked it up the way the diagram showed, I had no problems.
But like I said, it should not matter, but mine did

Gee whiz, look what I found, sorry it is upside down

Attachments

• Alternator wiring.pdf
    132.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
It mattered in my car as well, for no apparent reason! When hooked up one way it would run fine, hook it up the other way and it would kill the car! Del said that one field must be off in my alternator, not sure why this would affect anything, but it did!

It shouldn't matter, even if some of the output diodes have failed in the alternator. The field just makes the spinning rotor into an electromagnet, which induces an AC pickup in the stationary stator coils. If you want to hook it up "correct" like the factory did, search Google Images.

It shouldn't matter, even if some of the output diodes have failed in the alternator. The field just makes the spinning rotor into an electromagnet, which induces an AC pickup in the stationary stator coils. If you want to hook it up "correct" like the factory did, search Google Images.
You are absolutely correct, it should not matter. but on mine it did. I hooked up mine so the wires were as shown in the attachment I posted and then mine worked properly.
But again. YOU ARE CORRECT it should not matter

-
Back