Srt challenger rear ended at stop light

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
What a bummer!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWNpf9U60s"]YouTube - srt8 challenger gets rear ended[/ame]

That's horrible.

Did you know 85% of people rate themselves as above-average drivers?

Oh MAN !!! That SO SUCKS !!! Damned Ford !

It wasn't the Ford's fault, it was the idiot driving it who is to blame.

Looked like a pretty good smack, too. In the Slow motion part, keep your eye on the SRT driver. He gets knocked back into the seat so violently that his hands come off the steering wheel. That was a pretty hard hit.

I suppose that video will become evidence in court, if it hasn't already.

Jackass in the truck wasn't paying attention, probably talking on his cell phone about the new Challenger ahead of him!!! Knocked him clear into the intersection. Glad to see that there was no cross traffic coming or it could have be much worse.

....."slow assed SRT8 !! I played bumper tag with one today and they ain't as fast as people say they are. I ran all over it."

Notice how the driver of the truck doesn't get out.... he sees that he might get is butt kicked.

hahah I think he ment it wasint the FORD trucks fault lol it was the driver in the ford truck

How is that the "idiot driving" fault?!? He was sitting waiting for the light to turn green. You can see the cross traffic had a green light. Jackass in the truck wasn't paying attention, probably talking on his cell phone about the new Challenger ahead of him!!! Knocked him clear into the intersection. Glad to see that there was no cross traffic coming or it could have be much worse.

oh well- he can get a new one.
Why do people care when a new car gets damaged and you can walk down to any dealership in North America and replace it :dontknow:

I mean, if it was a vintage Challenger then :angry4:

Why do people care when a new car gets damaged and you can walk down to any dealership in North America and replace it :dontknow:

because no matter how nice it is when its fixed its still been in a collision, would you like to buy a new car and be so proud of it, only to be rear ended by someone not paying attenion:eek:ops:

How is that the "idiot driving" fault?!? He was sitting waiting for the light to turn green. You can see the cross traffic had a green light. Jackass in the truck wasn't paying attention, probably talking on his cell phone about the new Challenger ahead of him!!! Knocked him clear into the intersection. Glad to see that there was no cross traffic coming or it could have be much worse.

Re-read my post. I did blame the "jackass in the truck". I simply stated that it wasn't thee trucks fault, it was the guy drive it. Sheesh!

Mopardrt said:
hahah I think he ment it wasint the FORD trucks fault lol it was the driver in the ford truck

Precisely.

because no matter how nice it is when its fixed its still been in a collision, would you like to buy a new car and be so proud of it, only to be rear ended by someone not paying attenion:eek:ops:

I agree!!! I would be pi$$ed off if my little **** box Aveo got smacked. Sorry but your statement just makes no sence. You can replace parts on the old Challenger just the same as the new one. It is the point that someone just messed up your car.

Also: YellowDartDave just remember there is always a faster car out there. If some car beats you does that make your car a slow a$$ piece of ****? No, it just means he is faster. Man there are alot of haters out there!

I don't think I'd be as worried about the damage to my car as I would be glad to have not been pushed into cross traffic. It could have been a lot worse. Just saying.

Damn fords. Always trying to steal the spotlight.

From what I hear it was a 392 edition, try walking into any dealer and buying one.....

Why do people care

Well buddy you need to do a little more thinkin

I've been involved in several rear end crashes through my life, and NOT ONE of them had any factor that could have cause me to be to blame or avoided it.

IN ALL CASES I never was able to collect fully for the loss of time, for the poor quality of something not being repaired right, or for an ***-bangin' at the hands of the insurance co. They know that they can chisel ya, because THEY KNOW that YOU cannot afford to take them to court for the difference.

My '70 Plymouth 440sixpack. CRASH stopped in traffic in San Diego. Was never fixed right. You had to "jimmy" the rear quarter windows and door windows to get everything "up and closed." This means that if you had all the windows down on a summer day, it was a "project" to get the windows all back up.

The trunk always leaked afterwards.

Little Ford Courier. Hit twice while parked in two parking lots. One woman told me "she didn't think she should have to pay for such a beat up truck." I told her "if people like you would stop running into it, the truck wouldn't be so beat up."

I don't think I ever collected a dime.

My 95 Olds Cutlass. Some bonehead crashed into the back. I was slowing down on a 35 mpg street for traffic ahead at an intersection. It was starting to snow. Bonehead kid in rear in a Jeep on the cellphone. I spent a week and a half in my armchair getting my neck to stop hurting. Never collected a freekin dime. Insurance co. "underbid" on the payment, telling me they'd "pay the rest" when I got it fixed. Here's the deal. When you take a loss, it doesn't matter if you get it fixed or not --YOU-- take the loss if you ever sell the car. THEY KNOW that YOU cannot afford to take them to court

It was a 392 edition. If he had been T Boned that would have been even worse. Sucks to see such a beautiful car wrecked by someone not paying attention. From what I have read up on this, the lady driving the Ford had a dog in her lap while driving. NO EXCUSE for that!!!

The same thing happend to my friend. He bought anew Challenger and had it ONE month when some lady nailed it. Frustrating to say the least.

I hate to say it,but they fix the damage.his insurance won,t just...buy him a new one.He will now own a new Chally thats been hit,which means it will depriaciate in value and his insurance will also probably go up.:banghead:

hey insurance company's aint in the buisness of paying out claims
they are in the business of collecting premiums

-
Back