SS spring question

-
Joe summed it up ^^^^^^ It's all about personal preference.

here ya go... the car has espo +1" springs on it. never liked how it looked that high..

to get me buy until i can save for new springs at the height i want i stuck a set of 1 1/2" lowering blocks in. i like it a lot better. you can see in the pics that 1 1/2" is a lot.

before:
DSC_0277-2.jpg

afeter:
DSC_0290-1.jpg

I SEE the difference, but to me, it's not that much at all.

to me its night and day. look at the top picture. the bumper looks like its sticking straight up in the air. the bottom pic its where its supposed to be.. can't stand it in the first pic..:)

looks like this in the first pic..lol

image19.jpg

SS 2800Lb both sides have the passenger spring, I did not like how the space behind the drivers side to rear of wheel arch went from 1.3" to touching during the 1/4 mile. The drivers side touched towards the front of the opening during the same races. I cannot use the 29" slicks anymore since I swapped the 3300lbs. SS for these. I ended up buying another passenger set so both sides are the same.
Think about how the rear wheels are pointed more towards the drivers front. You decide if that's the way you want your car assembled.
I also got the two position, heavy duty front hangars and set them in the upper holes to lower it. As well as heavy duty rear hangars with 7/8" poly bushings. These are 1/2" longer than the wimpy stock parts. I only needed a 2 degree shim to correct the pinion to 2* nose down at rest.
I don't know if the pinon snubber is of any use with the SS springs, and since I dropped it down, the MP adj. snub. won't fit and needs shortening. In the future I will get another drivers side set for a lower ride when I wear out these 275/15-R60 (27.5") and use the 230/15-R70 (27"x 8" on 8" Billet Spec. 8 holes).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...ad6f4282ceb525a014&oe=54FFDF55&size=2048,1532

SS 2800Lb both sides have the passenger spring, I did not like how the space behind the drivers side to rear of wheel arch went from 1.3" to touching during the 1/4 mile. The drivers side touched towards the front of the opening during the same races. I cannot use the 29" slicks anymore since I swapped the 3300lbs. SS for these. I ended up buying another passenger set so both sides are the same.
Think about how the rear wheels are pointed more towards the drivers front. You decide if that's the way you want your car assembled.
I also got the two position, heavy duty front hangars and set them in the upper holes to lower it. As well as heavy duty rear hangars with 7/8" poly bushings. These are 1/2" longer than the wimpy stock parts. I only needed a 2 degree shim to correct the pinion to 2* nose down at rest.
I don't know if the pinon snubber is of any use with the SS springs, and since I dropped it down, the MP adj. snub. won't fit and needs shortening. In the future I will get another drivers side set for a lower ride when I wear out these 275/15-R60 (27.5") and use the 230/15-R70 (27"x 8" on 8" Billet Spec. 8 holes).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...ad6f4282ceb525a014&oe=54FFDF55&size=2048,1532

I have a set of s.s springs, and a new set of (in the box 1 1/2' lowering blocks complete w/ u bolts and all if anyone is interested.---bob

to me its night and day. look at the top picture. the bumper looks like its sticking straight up in the air. the bottom pic its where its supposed to be.. can't stand it in the first pic..:)QUOTE]

Your car looks good in both pictures, 1st pic is not crazy high! I think you imagine your car looking like this .... !!!

Attachments

• b129f130e2372ceaf6a6ff8da9cec0d8.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 167
to me its night and day. look at the top picture. the bumper looks like its sticking straight up in the air. the bottom pic its where its supposed to be.. can't stand it in the first pic..:)QUOTE]

Your car looks good in both pictures, 1st pic is not crazy high! I think you imagine your car looking like this .... !!!

lol.. not quite that bad...lol.. but way too high in my first pic. 1 1/2" can make or break the entire look of the car in my opinion.. like i said different strokes man... when i was younger i liked them high all the way around but as i have gotten older i prefer them low and mean...

I installed a set of SS springs this summer and the rear is ski hi.I havent took the air shocks out yet or adjusted the tortion bars yet.

74 was to be a driver. Comfortable ride. Competing body lines but still a little rake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 128
The thrust angle is off by 1" or more with SS springs. Good for a 1/4 mile but they really throw the car around on the hi-way and back roads.

-
Back