SS Springs

-
Here's mine with the 002 & 003 springs

Attachments

• IMG_0479[1] (Small).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0495LR (Small).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 437
Ok here is the deal. I want to put new leaf springs on my duster. It currently has air shocks that are aired up way to much. I want to run regular shocks and get the stance I want with the springs. I would like some pics of your cars with the ss springs and which ones you are running, so I can decide on which to buy. I have seen some cars with ss springs that sit way to high then others that sit about right.

do you want this for a track car? or is this just a street car?

if its a street car i say screw the SS springs. call espo and get a set of XHD springs from them that are +1" or +2" in height and be done with it.

these two darts have the espo +1" springs. they both only have a 14" wheels though.

DSCN6544.jpg

DSCN6542.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

this dart has the espo +2" springs which i will be removing soon because its too high for my liking.. 14" wheels also..

DSC_0039.jpg

IMG_1851-1.jpg

100_0807.jpg

Here is the Dart when it had SS springs, I personally never cared for the way that it sat with them, but some guys like the Raked look, and the lean, that was the part that I really didn't like. It sat pretty low, because it had rear leaf spring sliders in the rear, but if your going to drag race it, I wouldn't reccomend them.

Here is mine 71 Dart

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 395
These are stock ones that I had re-arced and 2 added (8 leafs total)

Thats what i did with my 70 cuda, didn't get much lift but was VARY STIFF!:blob:

When i installed my SS spring i got the lift in the back. And most of the bump in the road went a way!!!

Traction never was an issue with a stock 318 and 2.76 cogs in the rear:D

Price was the determining factor for me , the local spring shop wanted 450 bucks to re arch and add a leaf to my current springs or 580 bucks to build me a pair to SS specs ,Some people just don't know their market eh LOL, so I called the dealership instead and ordered in a pair of 002-003 s for 294 bucks , they should be going in this week if the weather holds and I get the time to get to it .

Ok here is the deal. I want to put new leaf springs on my duster. It currently has air shocks that are aired up way to much. I want to run regular shocks and get the stance I want with the springs. I would like some pics of your cars with the ss springs and which ones you are running, so I can decide on which to buy. I have seen some cars with ss springs that sit way to high then others that sit about right.

Here's mine: Stock rear springs with one leaf spring add for stiffness, cheap shocks and a pinion snubber.

http://rides.moparmusclemagazine.com/ride/1207287/bigd123/1973/plymouth/duster/photos/1.html

-
Back